Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

overwhelming proof of intentional FACTION imbalaning on some DEVS part .. imho ...

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
overwhelming proof of intentional FACTION imbalaning on some DEVS part .. imho ...

thejaga
01.11.2012 , 04:59 PM | #11
Let's not get sidetracked. The Sith Inquisitor should do elemental damage, which should ignore armor. Why? Because that would be a hilarious imbalance between mirror classes. Also, the Inquisitor, in general, is cooler, and should be rewarded as such.
Atlus - 50 Sage - Balance (Helm of Graush)

pogmahone
01.11.2012 , 05:01 PM | #12
Interesting

Trushott
01.11.2012 , 05:01 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by CHRISGG View Post
except the fact that it's energy damage not elemental. I hate you clueless people posting this garbage so much uggggggggggggh

btw

YOU do know that armor MITIGATES kenetic and ENERGY attacks in SWTOR
Silas - Sniper ... engineering specialty

Easy to find but bring two in PvP to take me down

SilentKyram
01.11.2012 , 05:07 PM | #14
Re roll as a sith or just learn to deal, don't quit a game because you THINK the dev's are overpowering on particular faction. We can all agree that this is an outstanding game that we all enjoy. Me personally ,if I know the other player has the advantage it makes me try that much harder to "own" him and put him down. Makes killing the other player much more rewarding

Rykko
01.11.2012 , 05:08 PM | #15
All these "unintentional" imbalances always work in the Empire's favour.

All of them.
Believing I am "skilled" at video games is central to my confidence and self esteem.

Grevilavec
01.11.2012 , 05:09 PM | #16
let me clear some things I know for a fact up real quick.

Electrocute does NOT ignore the resolve bar, thta bar fills up almost all the way when I stun someone for 4 sec.

And Overload, Sorc's knockback is most certainly not instant. My dude has to jump up in the air, sometimes do a spin within his flip, then knock people away.

Your post was just a little too long for me to read otherwsie. And I don't know about some of the stuff. From what I have seen though, Empire V Republic, the minor differences in timing get made up for in other places. For example, Telekentic throw has a bit of a delay over Shock, but the Sage pushback from what I've been affected is instant, rather than animation then hit.

Again, I'm sure it feels frustrating, but these aren't game breaking things, especially without a rated system in effect quite yet. IF they do ever do anything rated, then I'm sure we will see 100% balanced, but in the meantime, why not enjoy some of the flavor.

Also BOO FREAKING HOO on the Alderan thing, you guys play that so much there is no reason you shouldn't dominate Empire with strategy and calling stuff out 80% of the time.
"Grev- ILL- Evek" say it with me now.

CrunchyGremlin
01.11.2012 , 05:11 PM | #17
You don't know the POWER of the darkside.
I soloed Ilum completing all of the objectives.
30 sentinel ,40 Shadow, 18 Scoundrel
Why cant we win at WZ's Universe at war RPGPVP progression Re-install DX9 for better perf?

MasterRequiem
01.11.2012 , 05:12 PM | #18
The villains are supposed to be more powerful than the heroes. The heroes are meant to be the underdogs. They are simply following Star Wars lore.
Hokey religions and glow-sticks are nothing compared to the power of beer and pie.

Divona
01.11.2012 , 05:13 PM | #19
OP i just maybe suggest to calm little down, but overall it is quite true sadly.
I learned lesson reading al lthe tons of new threads coming each day and most point out facts and real problems you just listed soem of them. There is no point hoping community to understand issues Bioware made and rather troll over everything and hoping all stays as it is now. Well i can speak about my server will see how it unfoldes for others, but republic side is dishminishing at level cap with some pvp gear see will to carry on with this faction imbalance. 50's brackets wiil be nightamre for republic for sure.

Im focusing more pve now, will see what stance bioware will take. The Biggest issue that has not even commented by any Devs with golden text is Alderaan WF turret ticking at start and i belive overall until the end.
If the warezones would have been opposite and all the advantage with bad coding towards republic and still majority picked empire, it wouldnt have cause that much issues as it is now. Even if the lists most point out are very accurate and always same facts pointed out, we will not see bioware team respond here, simply because its not one class balance issue we talking about.

Good game as pve no doubt many enjoy it.
The Division Dev:
I will say this. Video games have a business side as well as the creative side. This is necessary to function and only time will tell what the future of the game is.

Lazorous
01.11.2012 , 05:13 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by thejaga View Post
Funny how my giant rock won't interrupt caps instantly.
And I've not seen any dmg tick when someone stealths/vanishes before my rock hits them.