Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Guide to Your Legacy and Your Legacy Name

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > New Player Help
Guide to Your Legacy and Your Legacy Name

Auhfel
01.11.2012 , 03:50 PM | #11
Yeah. I'm not entirely sure though, as some people have made guesses that new races would be unlocked, which seems plausible.

To take advantage of this, I'd have to delete one of my characters, though. I really want to avoid that if I can.

Aieny
01.11.2012 , 03:51 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Dakien View Post
Soooo... Your human and non-human characters are all related and have the same last name..... Hrmmm....
Well, if you play a Sith Inquisitor, you find something interesting about your heritage.
Spoiler
Apparently my heritage is all over the place, for I have Chiss cousins, several human/cyborg cousins, and even a "pureblood" Sith cousin.......heheh

Auhfel
01.11.2012 , 03:53 PM | #13
Both of my inquistors are level 17 =P.

Sorcere-17, Assassin-17, Sniper - 23, Operative - 20, Mercenary - 19, Powertech - 17, Marauder - 17, Juggernaut - 17.

This is in less than two weeks of play. I'm known to be a good grinder =)

Wheezal
01.11.2012 , 03:54 PM | #14
how do you chose how your legacy appears to other players? is it an option on the character sheet or in the game preferences?

i hit lvl 2 for my legacy...of course it doesnt mean anything yet, but hopefully one day it will.

Dakien
01.11.2012 , 03:54 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Aieny View Post
Well, if you play a Sith Inquisitor, you find something interesting about your heritage.
Spoiler
Apparently my heritage is all over the place, for I have Chiss cousins, several human/cyborg cousins, and even a "pureblood" Sith cousin.......heheh
I'm going to be ending up with a Twi'lek, several Mirialans and a bunch of humans as cousins.

I didn't read your spoiler, my SI is only level 8 so far! Thanks for the good info provided so far!
Time is the Fire in Which We Burn.
Scoundrel - Juyo

Aieny
01.11.2012 , 04:29 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Wheezal View Post
how do you chose how your legacy appears to other players? is it an option on the character sheet or in the game preferences?

i hit lvl 2 for my legacy...of course it doesnt mean anything yet, but hopefully one day it will.
The option is in the Preferences menu; I'm not at my gaming computer at the moment, so I can't pinpoint exactly where it is, but as soon as I can, I'll let you know and post it in the FAQ.

ylaenna
01.11.2012 , 04:29 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Wheezal View Post
It's in your Preferences, I think under Social. There's a section for Legacy with a dropdown menu for how you want it displayed.

You have the option to not display it at all, so for me that solves the issue of my characters being from different backgrounds. They don't all have to be related with the same surname.

Here's a great idea on how to roleplay the Legacy name as well, from another thread:
Quote: Originally Posted by Simoxeh View Post
A possiblity is that all your alts are part of some secret society that isn't faction related and who members don't know each other. My people don't know each other, but all secretly for an organization that promises them riches and power. They only have to live their lives normally while bearing the name of the society. As a result the society provides stuff for them to help them get more powerful. One of my people (the banker) is their only contact person.

Distilde
01.11.2012 , 06:00 PM | #18
I'm going to be level 36 or higher before I get my legacy name due to being a completionist

gwitz
01.12.2012 , 04:26 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Auhfel View Post
Both of my inquistors are level 17 =P.

Sorcere-17, Assassin-17, Sniper - 23, Operative - 20, Mercenary - 19, Powertech - 17, Marauder - 17, Juggernaut - 17.

This is in less than two weeks of play. I'm known to be a good grinder =)
I would strongly suggest that you choose one to level up to get the legacy first because otherwise you are wasting a lot of potential legacy xp that you would get while leveling your other characters.

Shyressa
01.12.2012 , 04:58 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Aieny View Post
So far, I'm only on level 1 of Legacy experience, and it requires 240k to reach level 2. I don't yet know if that is a constant number, or if the experience required increases with each Legacy level.
The xp required for each level increases the legacy xp needed but 1000 so from 2 to 3 it is 241,000xp and so on.