Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Bug!? Wiping in FP results in no loot!

strikinglyfresh
01.11.2012 , 02:28 PM | #1
I'm here to get an idea on whether or not this was an intentional game mechanic; however I am going to assume it is a bug.

Many of you have probably noticed that if your group wipes/the boss resets in any Flashpoint(that I've done anyway) his loot chest will remain locked after he is defeated. You will receive no reward for sticking with a less than optimal group or perhaps trying a less than optimal strategy.

Perhaps this is just me but I feel this eliminates the viability of PUG Flashpoint groups altogether and is very detrimental to the game as a whole especially if you have chosen to be a utility class(heals/tank). Yet several patches have gone by without this next-to-game-breaking bug being addressed whatsoever.

Does nobody else feel this way? It seems like this forum should be blowing up with people complaining about this if it indeed is a bug.

Some opinions here would be appreciated, thanks!

Ravaran
01.11.2012 , 02:36 PM | #2
Yes I'm sure it is game-breaking for a lot of people. But unforutately even without the loot from the chests you are better off gearing up through pvp first. You hardly get any commendations from the heroics and the dropped gear rarely has the stats you want. As a tank all I seem to see is tank gear with half dps stats on them.

PvP is not without its issues either, with most of my wins not counting for my daily, requiring me to spend 1-2 extra hours per night trying to get 3 wins.

Despite these serious flaws, it is still a great game.. one that I will continue playing for some time.

strikinglyfresh
01.11.2012 , 02:47 PM | #3
Despite my crying I concur with you that I will be on this game for a period of time to come.

Which is why I feel having these bugs addressed(the one you mentioned as well) with haste is so important. Is this not at least half the reason you pay 15$ or so a month?

Moreover, what you say may indeed be true regarding gearing through PvP but where is the sense in allowing issues that eliminate the viability of grouping(social points) to continue existing? I strongly feel these should be at the very top of the to-do list over with the BW Dev team.

Again 1.02a-d notes have absolutely no mention of a fix or even a problem in them which was truly the spark for my post today.

Ravaran
01.11.2012 , 03:10 PM | #4
It absolutely should be fixed immediately...as in no one at their office should have been allowed to go home after becoming aware of this issue until it was fixed.

Its just that this chest issue combined with the ridiculously high cost of PvE tier gear makes me not want to run heroics at all.

I still am however, pretty much only because I need the biometric crystal alloys.

Lalithrian
01.11.2012 , 03:47 PM | #5
If you look at the 1.1 patch notes that are currently on the test server you will see they are trying to address this.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=1276185

Quote:
Fixed an issue preventing some players from opening a chest after a boss fight if the group was previously defeated by the boss.
Lalithrian
Bounty Hunter
"Honey, I never shoot faster than I can see. Besides that, it's all in the reflexes..."

icroyal
01.11.2012 , 11:13 PM | #6
A similar thing happened to me but instead of it being a chest, a boss was grey to me after him dying even though i tanked the entire battle without dying. We did previously wipe. Everyone else was able to loot. I was like ***?

Lestain
01.12.2012 , 12:12 AM | #7
The fun thing is: This isnt new, its at least around for 4 months