Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Vanguard Tank Build

Gadgetron
12.14.2011 , 08:18 AM | #1
Hello,
I wanted to ask if anyone has any good Vanguard Trooper builds out there. I have had a look at the skill trees however I am having a hard time seeing how the shield tree is the dedicated tanking tree.

Thank you.

Xfraze
12.14.2011 , 08:39 AM | #2
I haven't come up with any builds for tanking, but I didn't think the tree made any sense at all until I got the Ion Cell ability. It all made sense then.

canobeansPL
12.14.2011 , 08:42 AM | #3
100% cookie-cutter.
Obvious, yes?

Olarid
12.14.2011 , 08:45 AM | #4
Pick any talent that doesn't give you a snare, root, run speed buff, pvpish ability, etc., until you have no more points. Win!

Honestly, there are maybe two decent tanking specs for Vanguard, not a lot of wiggle room really, I'm sure you can figure it out

Gadgetron
12.14.2011 , 09:19 AM | #5
Than you all for the information.

Devilinbp
12.14.2011 , 12:21 PM | #6
I'll bee keeping my eye out for some different builds posted here as well. Let's get some ideas rolling Troopers.

Occams_Razor
12.18.2011 , 10:01 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by canobeansPL View Post
100% cookie-cutter.
Obvious, yes?
Granted, I haven't started playing my vanguard yet (one of my first alts, though, to be sure!), but I feel like the synergy between Focused Impact and Brutal Impact makes skipping Brutal Impact, as you have, somewhat detrimental. Additionally, and this may be moot, since I haven't seen much of group play in the 30-50 range, but skipping a skill that gives +3% Endurance seems like a poor choice for higher levels.

Again, perhaps this makes a ton more sense for people who are already playing this class and getting into the higher level content, but would you mind going into some of the reasons for those choices? Many thanks!

GarikKatarn
12.18.2011 , 10:25 AM | #8
The cookie cutter sans stockstrike. put those talents and blaster augs in soldier's endurance. Gives you a nice health boost.

SpamAassassin
12.18.2011 , 06:38 PM | #9
Have any tanks tried skipping Energy Blast and going for Gut instead?

Dusktraveler
12.18.2011 , 09:11 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by SpamAassassin View Post
Have any tanks tried skipping Energy Blast and going for Gut instead?
I am not lvl 50 yet but I have been thinking about doing that... Also I have to wait and see but I am wondering if the skill "Nueral Overload" may be viable for some tanking situations. For instance if end game mobs/bosses are kitable.

Just have to wait and see but if you go gut you need to put extra points into inc dmg for aggro purposes