Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Need -> Companion -> Greed / Disassemble > Pass

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
Need -> Companion -> Greed / Disassemble > Pass

Cajbo
01.11.2012 , 11:25 PM | #11
I thought something like this would be suggested. It's dumb. There's no reason for companions to have uber gear. This is a non-issue. Companions are used for soloing, not for raiding or most flashpoints (unless you can solo some stuff). There's plenty of quests that give out companion gear. There's even lvl 50 heroic quests that gives out orange weapons for everyone of your companions and it's repeatable. No companion roll option needed. There's also plenty of stuff available for purchase through credits/commendations.

Salmissra
01.11.2012 , 11:34 PM | #12
If by "stuff" you mean absolutely sub-par gear compared to all the things from hardmodes you could be laying on them? Yeah, no thanks. I'd prefer my mako to have a weapon doing 300 more damage than some ****** quest green.

Salmissra
01.11.2012 , 11:48 PM | #13
But of course, try to post something to fill a void and some people immediately leap upon it as if it would personally destroy the game. So whatever.

Unaki
01.12.2012 , 12:00 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Salmissra View Post
But of course, try to post something to fill a void and some people immediately leap upon it as if it would personally destroy the game. So whatever.
Considering companions do plenty of damage themselves and are not used at all in post-30 group content except for the special snowflake cases, you don't NEED to gear them up as bad as you think. If its that bad, use commendations or you know, ASK YOUR DAMNED GROUP FIRST.
JAWA PUNTERS
Corellian Run <Republic> Raiding Guild
Official Site - Recruitment

Cajbo
01.14.2012 , 10:23 PM | #15
The priority of companions will always be on the level of greed. It's for your own purposes, it's not helping any group at all. Need is based on your class, the level of content, and your spec. Considering that companions are not used in any operations or flashpoints (unless you get a kick out of doing stuff with less actual people in content made for a full group, ie your personal kicks) it would still be on the greed priority level. Unless anyone who actually needs it for their character already has it or better. Which could then be discussed in as much time as offspec rolls do as they arrive.

I realize that this may be some people's first MMO, and as such might be new to the different ways things are handled due to group-based content. The companions do make for an interesting solo distraction (and even help), but that doesn't mean companions should be geared up with more priority than a selfish reason. It isn't needy. It's greedy.

KaiHeilos
01.15.2012 , 05:20 AM | #16
If they were to add this then they'd need to fix companion comparative tooltips to show all your companiosn with that stat, not just your active companion. It would be a nice addition to the game and the people against it are just whinging for the sake of whinging or simply because it's a change and obiously change = bad. But don't expect it any time soon, if at all.

Moolah
01.15.2012 , 06:07 AM | #17
The use of an option to roll for companions would helpful in the situations the original poster described. I do not understand how this option can be abused as most offenders are suggesting. Companion rolling is not the same as greed rolling, figuring not all gear is useful for every class.

To clarify; willpower gear is only useful to sell it on my smuggler, therefore I roll greed. Certain classes can make greater use of it by gearing up their companions. They are, however, forced to greed-roll with me.

Talking it out is not an option as there is a loot-timer and discussing every piece of loot beforehand is just too mind-numbing. Passing on the roll would not be an option as I wouldnt want to miss out on the credits if nobody needs it for themselves or their companions.

This is, ofcourse, based on the notion that companion gear is more important than credits/disassemble and there is no difference between your main companion and other companions.

Cajbo
01.15.2012 , 12:26 PM | #18
I'm not adverse to change. I'm adverse to dumb change. There's no need for another option. Is there an offspec button? No. Why should there be a companion button? It's the same logic to be asking for an offspec button as it is asking for a companion button. But there's really no need for it. Fundamentally, all rolls are either for need or greed/disassemble purposes. I've been in situations where offspec rolls have been rolled need, and no one has complained, I doubt people will be up in arms for companions being /rollneeded (at least in the instance of everyone's toons being geared or has the item in question). Over time this will be a non-issue.

This isn't anything new if you see the lack of a offspec button being a non-issue too.

Evgen
01.16.2012 , 11:01 PM | #19
If talking is such a good option why is there any option? Just talk it ALL out.
The simple idea is that someone can use it for a companion, it's better than the minuscule sale value. True it is not more important than RE, so make it on an even level. Companion rolls just don't break the item down.

Vertibirdo
01.16.2012 , 11:13 PM | #20
Um... when equipping companions was even a little bit tough? If you want a specific item though, why don't you roll with friends or something?
Trask Ulgo- Praxedes, Bodyguard.