Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

What if Star wars Galaxies would be reopened?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
What if Star wars Galaxies would be reopened?

Jadedfate
01.12.2012 , 02:35 PM | #21
Not if they paid me...well..ok...maybe if they paid me...depends how much. But the game was junk.

Lividcalm
01.12.2012 , 03:05 PM | #22
I loved SWG, but I probably would not return unless they updated the graphics engine and eliminated rubber-banding PvP.

I remember the game with such fond memories, I would not want to ruin it.

Went back to play X-Wing -vs- Tie Fighter about 10 years after it came out, and the poor graphics just killed some of the great memories I had of that game.

I do wish that BW had implemented some of the concepts in TOR though, like:
  • OW-PvP
  • Crafting
  • Entertainers
  • Space Combat
  • Player Housing/Cities
  • Player/Guild owned faction bases

Just to name a few.
Elryck - HAKD

Port Nowhere

Jeffor
01.12.2012 , 03:05 PM | #23
I would have a sub to both games probably. Many of the systems in SWG were unique and available no where else. These games are so different I am still surprised they closed SWG especially considering some of the godawful MMOs that are still alive.
LotRO: Jeffaman/Lilnooblet/Jeffrandir/Cephus-Brandywine Server
SWG: Cephus/Herodotus Tchuck'Tchuck'aachoo-Ahazi Server (At one with the force)
SWTOR: Cephus TchukTchukAchoo-Jedi Sentinel-The Swiftsure Server
Farewell SWG Gone but not forgotten S238

Jeffor
01.12.2012 , 03:09 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Redshirt_Trooper View Post
No. It had its time. And it passed. Nostalgia makes things look better than they actually were.
Not really. How is it "nostalgia" when the game hasn't been dead for a whole month yet? I'm pretty sure people can still remember the game as it was 3 weeks ago lol.

jarjarloves
01.12.2012 , 03:13 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Jeffor View Post
Not really. How is it "nostalgia" when the game hasn't been dead for a whole month yet? I'm pretty sure people can still remember the game as it was 3 weeks ago lol.
because people are remembering it before they did the NGE and CU which is a couple years ago.

BrandonSM
01.12.2012 , 06:04 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Jerig View Post
I'll give you that for the feelings about the people, the initial experience with an MMO, and discovering the sandbox - but the mechanics: Custom decorated housing, Non-linear progression, Percentage based crafting performance tied to purity of sample resources - those aren't wrapped into the nostalgia blanket. Those are GOOD mechanics and were implemented VERY well.
Everything else in SWG was bad. Crafting and social Abilities were the only 2 Pros.

Can the Dev's tell the people to stop with these SWG threads. Even if I am an SWG Hater, these threads are starting to get insane.
Hapan: "This creature has information that could lead us to a woman who has been kidnapped. We will get that information."
Luke: "This woman is a citizen of the New Republic, and if you do not take your hands off her, I will take your hands off you."

Swatter
01.12.2012 , 10:21 PM | #27
I played it when it came out for a few hours- it was bad. Anyway, my time was passing for hardcore MMORPGs. I had no interest in spending hundreds of hours doing mindless tasks over and over again in the interests of fun. EQ had its place for a time, but I wouldn't want to play it again.

The only thing to miss from those days was the community, not the game design. SWTOR is a much better game.

Jeffor
01.26.2012 , 09:09 AM | #28
Oops weird double post.

Jeffor
01.26.2012 , 09:13 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Jerig View Post
I'll give you that for the feelings about the people, the initial experience with an MMO, and discovering the sandbox - but the mechanics: Custom decorated housing, Non-linear progression, Percentage based crafting performance tied to purity of sample resources - those aren't wrapped into the nostalgia blanket. Those are GOOD mechanics and were implemented VERY well.
Exactly. If they released a game called SWG:Crafting I would play it. Gathering resources was a game unto itself. Finding a bountiful spawn of an epic resource was as fun as winning raid loot. SWG crafting will never be topped and I find it insane that no other game has tried to mimic it. Too many ADD kids gaming now I guess.

Jeffor
01.26.2012 , 09:18 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by BrandonSM View Post
Everything else in SWG was bad. Crafting and social Abilities were the only 2 Pros.

Can the Dev's tell the people to stop with these SWG threads. Even if I am an SWG Hater, these threads are starting to get insane.
This is the Star Wars discussion forum so this thread is right on topic.