Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Old Republic toys from Kenner?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Old Republic toys from Kenner?

Nyaralath
01.11.2012 , 12:16 PM | #1
Are there any toylines planned to coincide with the game? I think there are a ton of opportunities for Kenner to bank on this, but haven't heard or read any news about any potential toy tie in. I would buy them up like candy coated crack.

Anybody got a scoop?

TekaruPrime
01.11.2012 , 06:08 PM | #2
I only hope they don't because I used to have a terrible Star Wars toy addiction.

but I would love a few TOR toys, really.

xeviltoasterx
01.11.2012 , 09:35 PM | #3
If you're talking about TOR itself, nothing as of yet I don't think. But if you're talking about the Old Republic timeline in general, there's several action figures from KOTOR like Revan, Malak, and Bastila. Unfortunately I think they tend to run pretty pricey =/. As time goes on they might totally make TOR figures. A Malgus figure would be epic!

jarjarloves
01.11.2012 , 09:43 PM | #4
I want ALL of the bounty hunters companions

Argolisk
01.11.2012 , 09:47 PM | #5
Satele action figure...giggity.
"Your father was seduced by the PvP dominance of the Empire. He ceased to be Anakin Skywalker and rerolled as Darth Vader. When that happened, the good man who was your father was deleted. So what I told you was true... from a certain point of view."

Darth_Beans
01.14.2012 , 04:13 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Argolisk View Post
Satele action figure...giggity.
Giggity indeed.

MacksAdrenalin
03.12.2012 , 11:21 AM | #7
It is true there is Old Republic "Timeline" toys such as Darth Revan and Darth Malak and even Bastilla Shan. There is also Pre-Cyborg Grievous etc... As well as a few others.

I have all of the above due to the fact I was playing KOTOR when they came out and I had to have them when I saw the, in Toys-r-Us. They are Pricey like mentioned above now-a-days. There is few out there now.

To be honest the cheapest way to go now-a-days is to make on yourself. For example ( PLEASE SWTOR Forum Moderators etc..., do not take this as me trying to drum up business or sell toys on your site to take from your enterprise, it isn't amd wasn't my intention only to add another avenue to get the toys they so desire)

Now with that said I am what "We" call a "Customizer" in our Toy World. You can find many places online to see such work like Fwoosh, Imperial shipyards etc...

Here is an example. I made my Mercenary Bounty Hinter from SWTOR. He is a Zabrak like Maul different face tattoos but same color/ design as I love black and red together.

http://www.imperialshipyards.net/SMF...?topic=3284.60
http://www.imperialshipyards.net/SMF...?topic=3284.45

Don't have pics saved on this PC so look on the left for my name Darth Creatine and you will Need to scroll down to the pics. You CAN'T miss it. Looks like Maul in Mando gear.

That's one of the few I have made. If you look on that site back on page 1 one of the first posts I made a Darth Malgus like Sith Lord also but he is Red Caped and Red Breateher make dinstead of Black. He was also made years ago well before the "Deception" trailer sole axe don't think I copied him. Just posted the pic so you can see whT the Old Republic toys look like.

MacksAdrenalin
31 Year old Retired/Disabled Terrorist Hunter (USN)
Married 2 Kids (Both Girls)
Huge fan of Star Wars, SWTOR & KOTOR!

Bobsy
03.12.2012 , 11:26 AM | #8
Since Lego are releasing the Sith Fury and Republic Talon Fighter, I'd be more surprised if they're not releasing TOR toys.
"Canon" is your story. Accept nothing less.

Rabid-Wookiee
03.12.2012 , 11:50 AM | #9
Up until about a year ago, there was a game called 'Star Wars Miniatures' that was made by Wizards of the Coast. It was a tactical, squad-based strategy game that used collectible plastic miniatures. These miniatures were divided into factions and included a huge number of old republic-era figures. In particular, a large number of characters from the KOTOR 1 and KOTOR 2 video game series were represented--as well as a few characters from the Old Republic comic (e.g. Zayne Carrick, Lucien Draay, and Jarael). You can still buy singles of these miniatures from online retailers or on Ebay. Some you can get cheap. Others, like Revan, may still be a bit pricey.
Bearers of Pall
Bearers of Ajunta Pall. Reapers of all.

Ceradus
03.12.2012 , 12:36 PM | #10
Hasbro have a line coming out sometime this year for SW:TOR

http://www.superherohype.com/gallery...ar-wars-hasbro

http://www.superherohype.com/gallery...ar-wars-hasbro

Need to take some pics of mine. Mostly Sith Lords in my set and various different Clone Troopers