Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Authors of Star Wars books

Zoline
12.14.2011 , 08:10 AM | #1
Who are the best authors for the Star Wars books? I have been wanting to read these for a long time but there are so many different authors now I don't know who to start with.

Silenceo
12.14.2011 , 08:47 AM | #2
Timothy Zhan with his Thrawn trilogy is pretty dang good. There are a few other good ones, but his are probably some of the best.
"What I unveil today will mark a new era for the Empire. We will be able to decimate the Rebels just as we did the Jedi Knights. At last the Emperor's war will be filled only with the glory and beauty of decisive victory."―Rom Mohc Never force a droid to think without numbers...

alexgoll
12.14.2011 , 08:58 AM | #3
Timothy Zhan
and
Charlene Newcomb stories about Alexandra "Alex" Winger

OzeebaWifa
12.14.2011 , 10:30 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Silenceo View Post
Timothy Zhan with his Thrawn trilogy is pretty dang good. There are a few other good ones, but his are probably some of the best.
Tim is a yutz...if I have to read "Sardonic" one more time, I swear, I will strangle him at the next convention.

(plus he tried to sell me his Sega master system for $150 when I was busy hangin' out with Hart Fisher. Although, Tim is a pretty funny guy, and he does know how to construct a plot, I don't care for his writing and over-use of some of his favorite words of the month).
---
There are two groups of people you can make fun off on the internet without fear of retribution; the illiterate and the Amish.

OzeebaWifa
12.14.2011 , 10:32 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Zoline View Post
Who are the best authors for the Star Wars books? I have been wanting to read these for a long time but there are so many different authors now I don't know who to start with.
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Star+Wars+Authors there ya go, Champ.

Stackpole has some good ones. James Lucerno, RA Salvatore, Aaron Allston and Troy Denning, to name a few. I've read few Star Wars books that were just bad...some of them were ho-hum...the X-Wing series had me bored by about book 5.

...and don't get me started on Joe Schrieber, that guy irritates me.
---
There are two groups of people you can make fun off on the internet without fear of retribution; the illiterate and the Amish.

asachar
12.14.2011 , 10:43 AM | #6
Timothy Zahn is my favourite author but really, it just depends! Every novel is more or less good, the Thrawn trilogy is my favourite set of books and quite liking the Old Republic series of books (I wonder why!!!)
No, I am your father

alexwilbury
12.14.2011 , 11:21 AM | #7
I recommend any book by Matthew Stover or Karen Traviss. They each have a very fresh and unique take on the SW universe. Stovers's Episode III novelization makes the film look like an adaptation itself, and Traviss' novelization of The Clone Wars movie makes the film actually feel essential to the saga as a whole.

Antares_Navaar
03.24.2012 , 06:56 AM | #8
James Luceno.
Neither dark nor light, but both all the same.
Neither hero nor villain, but both all the same.
Neither balanced nor chaotic, but both all the same.
Neither alive nor dead, but both all the same.

Rayla_Felana
03.24.2012 , 07:18 AM | #9
James Luceno and even though he wrote a game, not a book, Chris Avellone, whom wrote KotOR II and almost all the backstory on the Mandalorian Wars, etc..

TKMaster
03.24.2012 , 07:50 AM | #10
Anyone but Troy "i like lightsabers up my bum" Denning, all he does is worship jedi, he's to the Jedi what Traviss was to the Mandaorians ('Tatooine Ghost' the only exception).