Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

World Ranking?


Artacks's Avatar


Artacks
01.11.2012 , 06:28 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Dermann View Post
Did I say we weren't a part of it? I've been saying the entire time that we are all ******es to each other. But we let our thread die because it wasn't doing anyone any good, and just causing arguments.
Quote: Originally Posted by Artacks View Post
I'd hate to see this amazing game die because we are all ******es to each other.

If you are looking to stir up drama, you are barking up the wrong tree kiddo. We aren't a part of this shin dig.

Pintaphilly's Avatar


Pintaphilly
01.11.2012 , 06:40 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Jurugar View Post
IMO you dont get to complain about the content being "a joke" until you clear it all yourself (on 16 man).

Also, please keep in mind that WoW has had over 7 years to produce memorable boss fights, while this is SWTOR's first; for every "good" boss WoW had it had at least 3-4 crappy ones.

Everyone remembers Archimonde as a good fight, but who thinks back with fondness about Rage Winterchill, Kazrogal, Antheron, or Azgalor (aka the entire rest of the instance minus Arch)? Everyone liked Kael'thas, but who could honestly say they found Void Reaver or Solarian to be challenging fights? You remember the good ones and toss out the bad ones - it's called "80's syndrome" (or at least it should be called that).



It's actually 3 and 5, but still in the same space and with more people, so yeah. Theyre nerfing in it the patch, probably to 3 and 4 or 3 and 3 or something.

I dont necessarily disagree with you, but you do have to take into account that the majority of the "ranked" 8 man kills were achieved by the same guilds that are now pushing the 16 mans - they/we just did it in lieu of 16 mans before we had a full 16 max levels. That will likely not be the case in the next content patch, though.
That's the thing, we've already cleared it. Progression done. It wasn't even worth parading about it on the forums cause it wasn't even a challenge. And this is considering the very relaxed schedule that we have, as we aren't even interested in raiding on a hardcore schedule. I am a former Premonition raider, and as much as I enjoyed those days, I am not willing to do so again. None of my guildies are, we just log, play and enjoy our time, not interested in anything else. We are all veterans looking for a break.

Your argument is flawed, some bosses are meant to be easier than others, but for progression sake, make the damn end boss challenging and memorable. And at least make the ones before SOMEWHAT challenging. EV failed, there really is only 1 true boss, SOA, and his mechanics are a joke.

Of course WoW has had plenty of years, everyone knows that. But from the POV of a GOOD designer, is that he looks into what has been done, and see what works and what doesn't. I give credit to Bioware for trying something different with mechanics, unfortunately their all very simple.

Granted, Bioware never claimed they would focus on "hardcore" content, even in terms of difficulty. Loot is easily attainable, and mechanics are very simple, the only thing that is holding a lot of people back are bugs or horrible tuning (I'm looking at you Nightmare SOA).

I came into this game expecting a casual raiding environment, because that's what they told us they would do. It's fine if you want to claim world firsts, seconds, whatever. Just don't make it seem as if it's such a huge achievement at this stage of the game, because it isn't. Unless Bioware starts to cater hardcore raiding, the PROPER way, then let the e-peen begin.

Jurugar's Avatar


Jurugar
01.11.2012 , 06:58 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Pintaphilly View Post
That's the thing, we've already cleared it. Progression done. It wasn't even worth parading about it on the forums cause it wasn't even a challenge. And this is considering the very relaxed schedule that we have, as we aren't even interested in raiding on a hardcore schedule. I am a former Premonition raider, and as much as I enjoyed those days, I am not willing to do so again. None of my guildies are, we just log, play and enjoy our time, not interested in anything else. We are all veterans looking for a break.
Sorry, I should have clarified - done it on 16 man hard and up. Because of the ~4-5 guilds in the world that have killed Soa 16 man hard so far, I doubt any would say it was a joke.

It's true that the difficulty curve spikes at Soa - the rest of the instance is relatively lackluster, minus annihilator 16m nightmare. The middle 3 bosses are pretty much one giant loot pinata (assuming pylons wants to cooperate). But it's hardly cake as a whole - no one has killed 16m nightmare Soa yet, or bonethrasher.

Artacks's Avatar


Artacks
01.11.2012 , 08:02 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Jurugar View Post
Sorry, I should have clarified - done it on 16 man hard and up. Because of the ~4-5 guilds in the world that have killed Soa 16 man hard so far, I doubt any would say it was a joke.

It's true that the difficulty curve spikes at Soa - the rest of the instance is relatively lackluster, minus annihilator 16m nightmare. The middle 3 bosses are pretty much one giant loot pinata (assuming pylons wants to cooperate). But it's hardly cake as a whole - no one has killed 16m nightmare Soa yet, or bonethrasher.
Can you explain whats hard about soa? You dodge lightning balls and DPS mind traps. There is absolutely nothing difficult or new about that content if you have a competent group of players.

You need to spend more time in the community instead of just in the Flashpoint forums, because there are at least 30 other guilds with HM soa on their front page. (in fact, had you been paying attention to other threads, bioware had an e-mail meeting with some of the guilds about the content)


Just because the previous bosses are EASIER doesn't make Soa hard. After a few attempts of people not even seeing the fight, they figure it out completely.

Also, NM bonethrasher has been cleared by an EU guild. NM soa is still up for grabs.

Cepheid's Avatar


Cepheid
01.11.2012 , 08:26 PM | #25
If any of you had any idea what posting was about then you'd understand it's about setting a foundation for a new game and guild recruitment. As you don't and both of you have claimed you've cleared content you haven't then I'll assume you're trolling. If anything trolling threads who's sole purpose is to diminish the work and time put into clearing content are the ones looking for the epeen raise. That being said good luck on the easy content OPW has been unable to clear and if you've cleared all the content that nobody else has then by all means disappear back into the woodwork.

Enjoy reminiscing of the good old days and dropping your old guild tags around and happy hunting.
"I am somehow less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops." - Stephen Jay Gould

Artacks's Avatar


Artacks
01.11.2012 , 08:31 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Cepheid View Post
As you don't and both of you have claimed you've cleared content you haven't then I'll assume you're trolling.
Kinda like how you took a picture of NM annihilation droid with the health of normal (bugged, ironic ) and no loot to prove it..... Oh, or the time you said you killed HM soa, but clearly have people from another guild in your raid.....

You have no idea what we've cleared, because unlike you, the "Actual professional guilds" in this game don't run around gloating every time we kill something (or kill it in normal and pretend its nightmare).

Had you any idea how progression raiding actually worked, you wouldn't have gotten kicked from my guild and then spent your TOR career trying to trick people into thinking you cleared content when you didn't.

I guess the moral of the story is, real progression guilds know how to screenshot.

I suggest trying to troll someone who can't see through your BS and 8 month grudge you have against us because you didn't make the cut. I've tried to be civil but you and your guild do nothing but attempt to bait us into your silly forums games.

Hopefully you guys pull your heads out of your rear ends and start helping the community instead of lying to it.

Cepheid's Avatar


Cepheid
01.11.2012 , 08:33 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Artacks View Post
Kinda like how you took a picture of NM annihilation droid with the health of normal (bugged, ironic ) and no loot to prove it.....

You have no idea what we've cleared, because unlike you, and like some of the other "Actual professional guilds" in this game, we don't run around gloating every time we kill something (or kill it in normal and pretend its nightmare).

Had you any idea how progression raiding actually worked, you wouldn't have gotten kicked from my guild and then spent your TOR career trying to trick people into thinking you cleared content when you didn't.

I guess the moral of the story is, real progression guilds know how to screenshot.

I suggest trying to troll someone who can't see through your BS and 8 month grudge you have against us because you didn't make the cut. I've tried to be civil but you and your guild do nothing but attempt to bait us into your silly forums games.

Hopefully you guys pull your heads out of your rear ends and start helping the community instead of lying to it.
Can't tell if trolling or just.....


Maybe you should have just watched the live stream of the kill.
"I am somehow less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops." - Stephen Jay Gould

Artacks's Avatar


Artacks
01.11.2012 , 08:34 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Cepheid View Post
Maybe you should have just watched the live stream of the kill.
Unfortunately, we don't really pay attention to you as much as you do to us apparently. Not quite sure what you are getting at or what you are fishing for, but as acting GM of your guild, you would think you would care more about your own guild than others. But that's just me.

Every time I post you take it personal. I was simply asking what made SOA so hard. After dodging my question, one can only assume that you agree with me, and have lashed out in an attempt to draw eyes away from that fact and try to bash our guild.

Like I've said in other threads, I could care less what you do or don't do. There's no sponsors, no REAL progression site, and no real community yet, so its all heresay. All people are saying is to check around to see who has actually cleared things before declaring yourselves the victor based off of 5 guilds posting in these forums.

I've honestly blocked most of the memories and bad gameplay you showed me from my mind, and have moved on. Hopefully you do the same.


@OP
A bunch of the raiding guilds are getting together to talk about some of this stuff, I'll keep you posted on the info. We are going to be talking about the bugs, character classes, and random stuff we'd like to see. It will then be compiled into a giant e-mail and sent to BioWare.

Hopefully this helps somewhat, and make the next wave of content more competitive, and less buggy.

Cepheid's Avatar


Cepheid
01.11.2012 , 08:50 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Artacks View Post
Kinda like how you took a picture of NM annihilation droid with the health of normal (bugged, ironic ) and no loot to prove it..... Oh, or the time you said you killed HM soa, but clearly have people from another guild in your raid.....

You have no idea what we've cleared, because unlike you, the "Actual professional guilds" in this game don't run around gloating every time we kill something (or kill it in normal and pretend its nightmare).

Had you any idea how progression raiding actually worked, you wouldn't have gotten kicked from my guild and then spent your TOR career trying to trick people into thinking you cleared content when you didn't.

I guess the moral of the story is, real progression guilds know how to screenshot.

I suggest trying to troll someone who can't see through your BS and 8 month grudge you have against us because you didn't make the cut. I've tried to be civil but you and your guild do nothing but attempt to bait us into your silly forums games.

Hopefully you guys pull your heads out of your rear ends and start helping the community instead of lying to it.
http://img205.imageshack.us/img205/7330/annihi.png


Just for you taken from the fraps.
"I am somehow less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops." - Stephen Jay Gould

Artacks's Avatar


Artacks
01.11.2012 , 08:52 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Cepheid View Post
http://img205.imageshack.us/img205/7330/annihi.png


Just for you taken from the fraps.
Was that so hard? Now everyone can see you actually killed the boss.

Glad I could pass on some of the things I've learned over my years of top end raiding, and congratulations on NM Anni. You should add it to your progression thread now.