Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

World Ranking?


Yummymango's Avatar


Yummymango
01.11.2012 , 01:04 PM | #11
Please dont bring "wow had 7 years". Who cares man. So did Bioware.
BW had so many diff games to look at and compare and make great boss fights. I know this is entry level content but seriously Pylons, council. Is this really a raid.

I will infact put BW at a better & advantageous position because it had all the time and resources to work on the things. According to you every new mmo that comes out should take atleast 4 years to perfect and polish because WOW took 7 years. You are kidding right!

It is sad but WOW has set a lot of high standards. No matter what you say but it is way more polished game with so much content (quality) in it that it is hard for other developers to match it in little time.
That being said developers can do either of the two things -
- Accept it as a challenge make make better end game content which is super polished and flawless when it comes out
or
- makes excuses that it took 7 years for wow to get their game together so we will keep on releasing more content which will be buggy and quality is that anyone can put together a random pug the day they hit 50 and clear it.

ViperI's Avatar


ViperI
01.11.2012 , 01:11 PM | #12
Perhaps we need someone to setup a 3rd party community website dedicated to tracking these things with a defined criteria for claim submission.
Viper 1
Frozen In Carbonite

Yummymango's Avatar


Yummymango
01.11.2012 , 01:13 PM | #13
@Viper

yeah I agree. That will be really nice. Or they should also atleast have achievements in game like server first or world's first. this will be very nice for community.

I am sure they will do it in future but cant say when.

Jurugar's Avatar


Jurugar
01.11.2012 , 01:16 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Yummymango View Post
Please dont bring "wow had 7 years". Who cares man. So did Bioware.
BW had so many diff games to look at and compare and make great boss fights. I know this is entry level content but seriously Pylons, council. Is this really a raid.

I will infact put BW at a better & advantageous position because it had all the time and resources to work on the things. According to you every new mmo that comes out should take atleast 4 years to perfect and polish because WOW took 7 years. You are kidding right!
No, I was simply saying that you had a full 7 years worth of Wow raids and bosses (literally hundreds of them) to pick and choose the fights that were truly great from the ones that were mediocre and forgettable, and put those select few fights on a pedestal and say "look how good WoW was, why cant every other MMO be like that?" while completely ignoring the much larger pool of fights that were average at best.

It's not about time for development, but rather time to build up a large sample size.

Yummymango's Avatar


Yummymango
01.11.2012 , 01:33 PM | #15
I agree with you brother that content can come out with time and of course there were some very lame fights also in wow but the least we can expect is that they should have released the raid content after little polishing.
Did they expect that people will take many weeks to level to 50? maybe
But At the same point I think making just 1 raid bugfree wasnt a lot to ask from BW at the launch.

Jurugar's Avatar


Jurugar
01.11.2012 , 01:38 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Yummymango View Post
I agree with you brother that content can come out with time and of course there were some very lame fights also in wow but the least we can expect is that they should have released the raid content after little polishing.
Did they expect that people will take many weeks to level to 50? maybe
But At the same point I think making just 1 raid bugfree wasnt a lot to ask from BW at the launch.
I agree, but there's a difference between the fights being bad and the fights being buggy.

Yummymango's Avatar


Yummymango
01.11.2012 , 02:13 PM | #17
4/5 fights are bad so I will say its more bad with bugs as well.

Artacks's Avatar


Artacks
01.11.2012 , 03:04 PM | #18
There are a handful of guilds who aren't posting anything to flex e-peens, instead we have been e-mailing with the development team back and forth to explain classes, bugs, and content fixes we think should be implemented.

There are a bunch of people who stream every night who have cleared all content (if those pay attention to it)

Unfortunately, a lot of guild "claiming" these kills are the ones who feel they have something to prove. Notice guilds like Ensidia don't come spamming forum threads with world kills. Its because they have been in that position before, and know how to respect a community.


In time there will be something linking the kills to a major website, until then you are just going to have to deal with all the e-peen flexing and forum spam.

Cyphen's Avatar


Cyphen
01.11.2012 , 03:11 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Yummymango View Post
Please dont bring "wow had 7 years". Who cares man. So did Bioware.
.
Actually they had 9/10 years of full development.
Your Blood shall become the Mantle to my Victory!

Dermann's Avatar


Dermann
01.11.2012 , 04:46 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Artacks View Post
Unfortunately, a lot of guild "claiming" these kills are the ones who feel they have something to prove. Notice guilds like Ensidia don't come spamming forum threads with world kills. Its because they have been in that position before, and know how to respect a community.
http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=108077