Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Cancelling my account and they want an explanation

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Cancelling my account and they want an explanation

Enochx
01.11.2012 , 04:01 PM | #21
WoW has pandas. Ergo it is inferior to every other MMO and inferior to basically any other game ever made including board games. I would rather play candyland than be a kung fu panda....even though Jack Black is awesome pandas are really not all that cool.

everytime I hear someone say this game will be free to play milk comes out of my nose. It might end up being free to play......in 2025.
Just remember what ol' Jack Burton does when the earth quakes, and the poison arrows fall from the sky, and the pillars of Heaven shake. Yeah, Jack Burton just looks that big ol' storm right square in the eye and he says, "Give me your best shot, pal. I can take it."

RoadtoArkham
01.11.2012 , 04:05 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Enochx View Post
WoW has pandas. Ergo it is inferior to every other MMO and inferior to basically any other game ever made including board games. I would rather play candyland than be a kung fu panda....even though Jack Black is awesome pandas are really not all that cool.

everytime I hear someone say this game will be free to play milk comes out of my nose. It might end up being free to play......in 2025.
To be fair, the pandas were in WoW Lore longgg before Kung-Fu Panda. Still...Jack Black has this way of sticking in your head
Hail to the King, baby.

Kyriosgundam
01.11.2012 , 04:08 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Lechonator View Post
This is 2012 , not 2004 . Sorry but this was a lousy launch . How can you actually release a game with no Flashpoint queue system , no pvp balance , faulty programming which makes Warzones lag , faction disbalanced issues and reward people that didnt slept for days so they get to kill in warzones with the good gear and win always almost by default ; which makes the farming for them super easy. Honestly this is a huge dissapointment .I advise you to look the other way , to successful MMO's like WoW before releasing a game like this . Either you keep up or dont get in the competition. All you going to get out of this is a few months and then its free 2 play! Game feels like its 2004...just saying
I am sorry but I think your being just plain stupid. ALL mmo's have problems at launch even when WoW launched it had Major bug issues that took several years too fix. So obviously you dont know as much about games, mmo's in perticular as well as you think you do. Also it will be YOU who will be disapointed not those of us planning to stick it out. Plus no mmo becomes free 2 play after just a few months it takes YEARS for an pay 2 play mmo to becoma a free 2 play. I mean it took over 3 years for LOTOR to become free 2 play and the parent company of WoW is only now considering WoW for free 2 play and its been over 5 years since it was launched! Besides as far as I know EVERY pay 2 play game asks you why you are cancelling your account. All this thread is is a rant with no real evidence to back it up I suggest you have better facts to back up a claim before shooting your mouth off.
"The Ability to speak does not make you intelligent"-Qui-Gon
"Much to learn you still have"-Yoda
"Impressive......Most Impressive"-Darth Vader
"Only a Sith deals in absolutes"-Obi-Wan

Lolargasm
01.11.2012 , 04:10 PM | #24
About the only thing I agree with the TS on is that there really should be a flash point que system. I really have absolutely no idea why there isn't, I mean even DCUO has a dungeon que system and that games blows.

RobHouse
01.11.2012 , 04:11 PM | #25
Success DOES NOT = Good game, sorry to break that to everyone.

Quote:
I advise you to look the other way , to successful MMO's like WoW before releasing a game like this
I think Mad men needs to take a que from american idol and add judges, casue clearly, because american idol has more viewers it must be better... right?

also i'd like to point out one more thing; those of you who think you are speaking with your money when you quit... you're not. believe it or not corperations are not rabid monsters trying to rake in as many subs as humanly possible, they usually aim for a market, and try to make that portion of the consumer base happy. bioware aimed at the portion at enjoys story driven game-play. if you dont like story driven game-play, u quitting isnt making a statmement to anyone and its about as likely to spur change as you threatening to not eat at tavern on the green unless they start serving Chicken nuggets like at mcdonalds.

xJACKTHERIPPERx
01.11.2012 , 04:12 PM | #26
doesnt every game ask you why ur quitting? seems like good business practice to me. they see that x number of people quit for this reason, and then they can see that and say 'oh, this is a problem, we should look at that'
then they say to you, who quit because of said reason "hey! remember when u quit because of this? its fixed now! come back!"
<Prophecy of the Five> Munda - 55 Sniper | Seever - 55 Juggernaut | Kasra - 55 Assassin | Vasius - 55 Mercenary | Innoss - 55 Sage | Sediya - 55 Vanguard | Yellow'Polka - 55 Sentinel | Vi'da - 55 Scoundrel

Aiocois
01.11.2012 , 04:37 PM | #27
Normally I just read posts instead of posting in them. I wanted to say though wow did not have a dungeon finder untill around wrath came out so 2009 ish time frame? It's reletively new still in terms of mmos. Also dungeon finder Dosent mean you'll get in a group any faster. Everquest 2 has a dungeon finder with xp bonus for using it but no one uses it. So its faster to chat that your lfg. Most mmos do not let you modify thier ui.

Miggymo
01.11.2012 , 04:39 PM | #28
Heres a good plan:Actually wait awhile before you buy the game, Wait for reviews, Dont just look at one trailer, Automatically get a raging ***** and think the game is going to be extremely awesome.

BenderBending
01.11.2012 , 04:40 PM | #29
A) Don't care

B) Why did you post this in the Star Wars section?

Chosenxeno
01.11.2012 , 06:41 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by RobHouse View Post
Success DOES NOT = Good game, sorry to break that to everyone.

I think Mad men needs to take a que from american idol and add judges, casue clearly, because american idol has more viewers it must be better... right?

also i'd like to point out one more thing; those of you who think you are speaking with your money when you quit... you're not. believe it or not corperations are not rabid monsters trying to rake in as many subs as humanly possible, they usually aim for a market, and try to make that portion of the consumer base happy. bioware aimed at the portion at enjoys story driven game-play. if you dont like story driven game-play, u quitting isnt making a statmement to anyone and its about as likely to spur change as you threatening to not eat at tavern on the green unless they start serving Chicken nuggets like at mcdonalds.
Nonsense.

Has created quite few stars and has quite a few clones. Reeks of Success.

Here's one for you. Your Not liking something doesn't = Something is bad.

P.S. I am not a fan of American Idol or any Reality shows in general. It's lazy T.V.