Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Why did you go assassin?

razorseal
12.14.2011 , 08:07 AM | #1
So what made you wanna go assassin?

I'll start

In beta I tried warrior juggernaut and it was nice, but it lacked some kind of ranged or good snare or root (at least to lvl 16)

So I figured I try assassin since it still had dps capabilities and few ranged and root snare...

I finally tried BH and loved it. I guess I'm a range kind o of guy.

But in the long run I've been wanting a jedi since I heard a out the game and to continue my jedi from swg... So I went with that

I think the warrior is a good balance between ranged and melee with avg dps. It's like a best of both worlds. You gotta be more on your toes when you're fighting other ranged enemies like bh, commando etc though...

Coiffio
12.14.2011 , 08:30 AM | #2
Always liked stealth classes for the ability to open a fight generally on your own terms. In open world pvp especially when you can sort of scout your targets, pick your spots, or usually have the ability to high tail it when things get rough.
"Hi, we ask that your posts be devoid of any original thoughts, or opinions, and that you only praise this game blindly. Thank you for your cooperation!"

Jarjarsgenius
12.14.2011 , 08:44 AM | #3
Originally I was going to rolls Sorcerer, but I really wanted the double-bladed lightsaber. Then I saw a Torhead build which was Madness Assassin, and it allowed some modicum of ranged lightning attacks with the doublesaber. Not perfect, but I'll take it!
"The Ability to Speak Does Not Make You Intelligent" - Qui-Gon Jinn

Jaris
12.14.2011 , 09:03 AM | #4
Originally I intended to play Sith Sorcerer on the Empire side, but I'm just somewhat done with the bodyless approach and in addition I'm not such a big fan of Khem Val or Xalek. Thus I go with the alternative, which allows me to give other companions more spotlight.
Jedi Shadow

Scelerant
12.14.2011 , 09:28 AM | #5
The fact that the toolbox given to the class is gigantic.
FYI, it’s not “elitist” to expect people to be competent at a task to which they have dedicated hundreds of hours.
Everything currently wrong with the Sith Warrior/JK design.
Sith Assassin Rotation Calculator progress.

Jaris
12.14.2011 , 10:23 AM | #6
Originally I intended to play Sith Sorcerer on the Empire side, but I'm just somewhat done with the bodyless approach and in addition I'm not such a big fan of Khem Val or Xalek. Thus I go with the alternative, which allows me to give other companions more spotlight.
Jedi Shadow

Khazrak
12.14.2011 , 10:40 AM | #7
Being a god in Warfronts.

Qlarity
12.14.2011 , 11:00 AM | #8
Because I want to be cool and kill all noob republic while they fight mobs!
Then I /spit on them until they release.
Also I like to play a class that almost everyone plays because I like to be on the bandwagon.

Cinc
12.14.2011 , 11:29 AM | #9
I wanted to play melee dps and my friend was going warrior so it was either assassin or operative. Played both to 15 and found the mix of cover and melee abilities not quite what i was looking for. Plus i wanted to roll a healer alt and im not big on the bh or sorc. So my alt will be a heal specced op.

Darth-Vanquish
12.14.2011 , 11:45 AM | #10
I'm choosing an assassin because I'd like to have a mix of lightsaber and damaging force powers. Sure, I might be only half good at each, but it's the game play and look that I want to enjoy.