Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Why the Prequel Trilogy was TERRIBLE, right here!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Why the Prequel Trilogy was TERRIBLE, right here!

SammyRath
01.11.2012 , 02:55 PM | #31
I'm going to try and get through this review, again. But honestly I'm 42 seconds in, and I feel like blowing my face off. Why does he sound so friggin' depressing? Christ alive, If I talked like that about everything of course people are going to see the negative stuff In everything.

EDIT: I failed, I cannot stand that guy. Yes he makes some valid points, he also makes some less valid points. But why on earth do we need so many links to those blasted reviews?
And why does this thread need such an aggressive title? For crying out loud If some people enjoy the prequel trilogy why make a thread that absolutely claims the entire prequel trilogy suck, based on someone elses opinion?
Why not just let some people hate them, and some people enjoy them?

Kreshnek
01.11.2012 , 03:43 PM | #32
Quote: Originally Posted by jarjarloves View Post
btw you didn't explain to me who the Protagonist and the Antagonist are in TPM.
Qui-Gon is the protagonist and Sidious is the antagonist. A ten year old could tell you this.

Dave_Bodom
01.11.2012 , 03:45 PM | #33
He has valid points, they make sense, but i like to have my opinion on movies, the prequels arent great, but theyre watchable, somethings dont add up to those who overanalyse and need every point to add up but its still watchable, fan, diehard fan, whatever.

Hell, half the major complaints of the original trilogy i didnt even know existed as complaints until i experienced the hardcore fans of the EU and such, just like any other movie series, game series, whatever, call them hardcore fans, true fans, whatever, they dislike somehing and assume casual movie watchers also give a ****
Why do they call you Bodom? Is it like the drum beat, Bodom-Chh?

Paynie
01.11.2012 , 04:27 PM | #34
Quote: Originally Posted by Kreshnek View Post
Qui-Gon is the protagonist and Sidious is the antagonist. A ten year old could tell you this.

If the main plot is the invasion of Naboo shouldn't the Trade Fedration leaders be the antagonist? Not some mystery hologram who says a couple of words every now and then?

How is Qui-Gon the pro..ro.protagonist? He has no character development whatsoever and DIES.

Kharnis
01.11.2012 , 04:35 PM | #35
Quote: Originally Posted by Paynie View Post
If the main plot is the invasion of Naboo shouldn't the Trade Fedration leaders be the antagonist? Not some mystery hologram who says a couple of words every now and then?

How is Qui-Gon the pro..ro.protagonist? He has no character development whatsoever and DIES.
Really. You are seriously trying to tell us that the guy pulling all the strings behind the scenes isn't the antagonist, and that the guy making all the decisions while fighting the Trade Federation isn't the protagonist?

I think you need to go and look up what those words mean again.
Proud member of "The Loose Canons" Cartel.
Fan Fics
Completed:
Ongoing:

Paynie
01.11.2012 , 04:41 PM | #36
" around whom the events of the narrative's plot revolve and with whom the audience is intended to most identify. "

???????? Qui-Gon?

Kharnis
01.11.2012 , 04:44 PM | #37
Quote: Originally Posted by Paynie View Post
" around whom the events of the narrative's plot revolve and with whom the audience is intended to most identify. "

???????? Qui-Gon?
The bolded is the definition of a protagonist. The latter? Not even close. Audience identification has nothing to do with whether someone is the protagonist or not.

So, yes.

!!!!!!!! Qui-Gon!
Proud member of "The Loose Canons" Cartel.
Fan Fics
Completed:
Ongoing:

KaL_InvictuS
01.11.2012 , 04:49 PM | #38
I laughed oh so hard at the videos the OP provided. Cheers and thanks for the awesome links.

Gun_Slinger
01.12.2012 , 01:31 PM | #39
Quote: Originally Posted by KaL_InvictuS View Post
I laughed oh so hard at the videos the OP provided. Cheers and thanks for the awesome links.
The Shatnerians approve!
"It's a trap!" "Your tastebuds can't repel firepower of this magnitude!"

Gun_Slinger
01.12.2012 , 01:37 PM | #40
Quote: Originally Posted by Mechavomit View Post
Oh my god, YES! The OT didn't have enough Jedis. Like, no Jedis at all. And all those comics and novels how the rest of them are being destroyed in horrble ways make me a sad panda beause I really like Jedis... I like the Clone Wars too (don't judge me D: )

Also a good reason for me to hate the Yuuzhan Vong times. Why would someone create an ugly race that just comes and destroys the galaxy we loved so much? Why?
But again, just my opinion.
I think the reason you two LIKE them is the reason a lot of others HATE them. Jedis...Jedis...Jedis...BOOOOORING! Sorry but to me a universe full of Jedi wandering around using the force to do everything with ease and hand waiving their way through security checkpoints takes all the fun out of it. Not to mention part of the GREATNESS of Luke's storyline in the OT was the whole "last of the jedi" thing. People weren't ready for it when you lit up a lightsaber in a cantina, it was like, holy ****! what the hell is THAT! Whereas in the prequels it's more like, ohhhhhh....a jedi......wonder who effed with the Senate today.....

And in response to the Vong era question...to add...you know...some texture and drama to the star wars universe. I personally thought that series added a lot of depth, wish it hand't been retconned so much.

Just my Opinion on both points, and people, don't take the title of the thread the wrong way, Its just designed to bring people in...I think they were TERRIBLE...and I think they were objectively terrible, but its my opinion that I think they were objectively terrible...I won't judge you for liking them. Okay I might. A little....
"It's a trap!" "Your tastebuds can't repel firepower of this magnitude!"