Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Why is everyone raging at controlled access?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Why is everyone raging at controlled access?

Muskwacis
12.14.2011 , 09:49 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Maryld View Post
I'm irritated about it for 3 reasons.
1: When I saw something about early access starting on Tuesday morning, I got super excited and switched my days off at work with someone. I took Friday and Saturday off originally thinking that was going to be the first days of early access. I saw didn't see anything about them doing it in waves.
2: Now I'm not going to get an opportunity to play and all my friends getting SWtoR have already gotten their access, are going to be way ahead of me and I'm not going to get to play with them.
3: I've been looking forward to this game for over a year, and I pre-odered in August. I'm hearing people that pre-ordered yesterday have already gotten in.

So what you're telling us is you ran out into a street of oncoming traffic with out looking both ways and are upset with Bioware? If people looked at the forums they would have saw how they planned on going about this.
The Flames of War have consumed so much, and so many...

Yatzol
12.14.2011 , 09:52 AM | #22
lol saying its not like your $5. only paid for early access is like saying if you buy a candy bar with no sugar in it you didn't just pay $1 for the sugar. Early access was part of the purchase thats all that needs to be said. And Early access mind you for mmo vets and as an industry standard means from the first moment any one is allowed to play till release not any time until release. any one that got in lets say being genrous the first 2 days. Got early access any one after that time got pre-release access as the benifits that early access implies are lost by that point.

Aardapple
12.14.2011 , 09:53 AM | #23
when can i get in

Maryld
12.14.2011 , 09:55 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Muskwacis View Post
So what you're telling us is you ran out into a street of oncoming traffic with out looking both ways and are upset with Bioware? If people looked at the forums they would have saw how they planned on going about this.
I had no issues beta testing, I didn't think I'd have any issues with gaining early access that it would be necessary to check the forums. Maybe I don't play MMOs enough but I hadn't ever heard of staggering invites day by day. I guess I should have done more research but I'm going to continue to be butt hurt until I get in. People may whine about bugs, but that's the best way to fix them anyways. More productive then whining because they can't play and not being able to play along side with their friends that are already enjoying access.

fishboyy
12.14.2011 , 09:57 AM | #25
i wouldn't complain if it wasn't for the fact that they have admitted that they are holding back servers and invites and that they have the ability to let everyone in on day one and still have a smooth launch.

Jacen_Starsolo
12.14.2011 , 09:57 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Aardapple View Post
when can i get in
Looking at your join date of Dec 2011, probably the 19th at this point.

richardya
12.14.2011 , 10:00 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by MrCrisp View Post
If they did just open the gates then the same ppl crying about not getting in would be crying about too many ppl getting in and their quest hubs over run and cant lvl or what ever.
Just keep in mind that the majority of the whiners will be even whinier next week when they complain about grandma giving them a purple bike for christmas instead of a red one.
BW is doing a good job imo, I'd rather wait a few days and enter a stable game than one that keeps crashing from over populations and such.
It's the lack of information and "redeem" instead of "Purchase date" that is annoying. Controlled release is a great idea. Give people an idea where they stand on a list. Tier the list by dates.