Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Would you like to use Techblades?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Would you like to use Techblades?

Black_Rabbit
01.11.2012 , 10:31 AM | #1
As far as I am aware, there is no playable class that uses Techblades right? The only one I personally know that uses this so far is Qyzen, but please do correct me if I am wrong.

I was thinking that Techblades have the most potential when it comes to show good sword design, uniqueness and style, (Like in fantasy games) unlike the lightsabers which have to be all the same due to the actual lore.

So personally I would like to see large (even2 handed) tachblades because you can end up having a weapon that looks as cool and stylish to others as the troopers rifles or the smuggler's guns.

JayceJa
01.11.2012 , 10:37 AM | #2
id like a tech/vibro-blade and electro/tech-staff oriented non-force wielding melee class

its a shame that jedi can use electrostaves and vibroblades, but it locks you out of a bunch of your abilities that require sabres, since they do look so cool and itd be nice to have a variety of some sort

Androvis
01.11.2012 , 10:40 AM | #3
Greetings-

There are a variety of companions that use them. Bounty Hunters have Torian and Skadge that use tech staves and tech blades, respectively.

Regards,
Androvis
1) Level Slicing to 400
2) ???
3) No more Profit!

Black_Rabbit
01.11.2012 , 10:41 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by JayceJa View Post
id like a tech/vibro-blade and electro/tech-staff oriented non-force wielding melee class

its a shame that jedi can use electrostaves and vibroblades, but it locks you out of a bunch of your abilities that require sabres, since they do look so cool and itd be nice to have a variety of some sort
The movies shows troops wearing glowing electroshields, so it could be a pretty nice (visually speaking) to have a class that either uses heavy Techblades, or small techblades+ shields.

Quote: Originally Posted by Androvis View Post
Greetings-

There are a variety of companions that use them. Bounty Hunters have Torian and Skadge that use tech staves and tech blades, respectively.

Regards,
Androvis
As I said, I know companions do, I was specifying that I would love to play a character that can visually have those weapons though.

Limecake
01.11.2012 , 10:43 AM | #5
Maybe not techblades but vibroblades are a major part of the Operative class..

I guess most people got tunnel vision when they saw jedi/sith

Zorpen
01.11.2012 , 10:50 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Limecake View Post
Maybe not techblades but vibroblades are a major part of the Operative class..
Not vibroblades but vibroknifes, they are not the same thing.
Debugging is twice as hard as writing the code in the first place. Therefore, if you write the code as cleverly as possible, you are, by definition, not smart enough to debug it.

Black_Rabbit
01.11.2012 , 11:06 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Zorpen View Post
Not vibroblades but vibroknifes, they are not the same thing.
Haven't even seen a Vibroknife yet, which is weird, been playing it quite a long time now...