Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Social Points are too difficult to get


Reeny's Avatar


Reeny
01.11.2012 , 10:15 AM | #1
Ran all flashpoints to 50 and did heroic quests but social is still less than half Social Rank 1...

Some items require Social 3 or 5??

Social ranks are really too hard to achieve...
Have to continually run flashpoints??

Schneidend's Avatar


Schneidend
01.11.2012 , 10:16 AM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Reeny View Post
Ran all flashpoints to 50 and did heroic quests but social is still less than half Social Rank 1...

Some items require Social 3 or 5??

Social ranks are really too hard to achieve...
Have to continually run flashpoints??
Group for regular quest content with a friend. It's easy.

Zakaan's Avatar


Zakaan
01.11.2012 , 10:17 AM | #3
Social points are a half-baked idea to begin with. They're awarded solely from conversation rolls, and there are only so many unless you spam run esseles.
Quote: Originally Posted by Schneidend View Post
Group for regular quest content with a friend. It's easy.
I ran half of Belsavis, most of Voss, and several miscellaneous quests with a partner. I ran every Flashpoint at least twice up to 50, and I've done about 5 esseles hard mode runs.

I'm not even rank 2. These points need to be gained in other fashions than convo rolls.

Valcomm's Avatar


Valcomm
01.11.2012 , 10:22 AM | #4
You ran FPs all the way to 50 and only halfway Social 1??

I ran 15 BTs and by lvl 20 I was Social 2 halfway to 3.

Tomidius's Avatar


Tomidius
01.11.2012 , 10:24 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Valcomm View Post
You ran FPs all the way to 50 and only halfway Social 1??

I ran 15 BTs and by lvl 20 I was Social 2 halfway to 3.


I call BS

Zakaan's Avatar


Zakaan
01.11.2012 , 10:27 AM | #6
BT/Esseles is the only FP before the 50ish ones that give even a slightly noticeable amount of social points. The rest are corridor infested loot pinatas with about 3 dialogue sequences and a generic "kill the innocent worker/engineer/scientist" morality choice thrown in somewhere.

Quote: Originally Posted by Tomidius View Post
I call BS
Nope. Esseles nets around 100 social points per run in a 2-man runthrough.

Jtbaker's Avatar


Jtbaker
01.11.2012 , 10:32 AM | #7
It is a possibility that your social points are bugged. Its a known issue with some players, including myself. I'm level 50, still social rank 1 and have been stuck at 480 points for a very long time. However, somehow I gained 7 points the other day in an fp. I run about 2 hard modes a day, my social points never move. You may want to see if youre in the same boat.

Zakaan's Avatar


Zakaan
01.11.2012 , 10:33 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Jtbaker View Post
It is a possibility that your social points are bugged. Its a known issue with some players, including myself. I'm level 50, still social rank 1 and have been stuck at 480 points for a very long time. However, somehow I gained 7 points the other day in an fp. I run about 2 hard modes a day, my social points never move. You may want to see if youre in the same boat.
I was told that hard modes don't give social points when I brought it up to a guildie. Haven't actually checked up on that.

Jtbaker's Avatar


Jtbaker
01.11.2012 , 10:40 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Zakaan View Post
I was told that hard modes don't give social points when I brought it up to a guildie. Haven't actually checked up on that.
If that's so, then why does it show you achieving 4-8 social points every time you choose a response?

Naters's Avatar


Naters
01.11.2012 , 10:43 AM | #10
Currently hard modes give NO alignment or social points. They pop up on the screen like normal, but you never get them. Annoying as hell since at this point my alt will have more social points than my main when I'm running at least 3 hard mode dungeons a day.