Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

2012 Events Feedback

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Kaffis
01.11.2012 , 03:00 PM | #91
Just show up and give Dragon*Con some love.

JudiahSWTOR
01.11.2012 , 03:10 PM | #92
It would be awesome if we had Server vs Server Tournaments for pvp. Something like that would be great in-game or at a show. I like how the servers are kept to themselves for pvp and Flashpoints/Operations. It lets the players build a community.

TheRabbit
01.11.2012 , 03:10 PM | #93
Quote: Originally Posted by DavidBass View Post
  1. What would you want to see at a show this year? (Examples might include PvP tournaments, Q&As at the booth, photo opportunities)
  2. What topics would you like to see covered on panels? Specific areas of the game? General roundtables with the developer team? Voice actors?
  3. If a show is in your area, would you be likely to attend a Community Meet & Greet outside the show itself?
1) I want people dressed up in outfits from the game. Preferably female bounty hunters wearing the slave girl outfit. I would also settle for the dancer outfit.

2) What the future holds. How they feel about the current state of the game. General stuff here.

3) Only if the outside venue serves alcoholic beverages

Qishari
01.11.2012 , 03:38 PM | #94
Hello all,

We have removed several posts from this thread for being off-topic.

Suggesting things you would like to see added to be improved upon ingame is awesome, we always appreciate your suggestions. However, we are looking for your thoughts and feedback on what you would like to see at conventions and get togethers, specifically:

With that in mind, we want to hear your thoughts. To get you started, here are some questions wed love to get your feedback on.
  1. What would you want to see at a show this year? (Examples might include PvP tournaments, Q&As at the booth, photo opportunities)
  2. What topics would you like to see covered on panels? Specific areas of the game? General roundtables with the developer team? Voice actors?
  3. If a show is in your area, would you be likely to attend a Community Meet & Greet outside the show itself?

Thanks in advance for all your great feedback!
If you would like to share your suggestions on gameplay improvements of addition of features, please don't hesitate to read through and post in The Suggestion Compilation thread.

Thank you for your understanding and we appreciate your help in keeping this thread on-topic and constructive.

Aieny
01.11.2012 , 03:38 PM | #95
What topics would you like to see covered on panels? Specific areas of the game? General roundtables with the developer team? Voice actors?
Crew Skills! I'm absolutely loving the crew skill implementation; what I want to see is information on where crew skills are going from here. While crew skills are interesting and unique, sometimes I'd like to see something more engaging, something where either I'm actively involved in the crew skill, or something that requires multiple crew members to complete. What can we expect to see in future patches; what about in 2.0? What is the vision for crew skills going out from here?

These are the things I'd like to see at events

DavidBass
01.11.2012 , 03:46 PM | #96 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Quote: Originally Posted by engrey View Post
Forgot to add, please consider making the play time much shorter than it was at PAX East. Due to the number of people that wanted to play the game, those that did not get to the booth within the first three minutes of the floor opening could not play.
PAX East was an anomaly, and I mean that in a good way. The specific goal of that event was to show everyone that yes, we were in fact an MMO, and we did that by letting people see some of our favorite Flashpoint content. The crowds we got were something we were completely blown away by, and if you followed the other shows we visited in 2011, you'd see that we adjusted accordingly by having shorter demos, more machines, and getting as many people through the booth as possible. So compared to the 8-hour lines you saw at PAX East, every other show had lines that were no longer than an hour or two.

That being said, I'm curious to hear more opinions on this topic. In a situation where we had future content to show (which would not be most shows, remember), would you prefer a chance to play through the majority of the new content, knowing that it was less likely you'd actually get a chance to play it, or would you prefer a shorter content tease, with a much higher chance of getting to play at all?

Blueneko
01.11.2012 , 04:10 PM | #97
Voice actor appearances
Dev Q&A
Off site Meet & Greet
Cosplay contest
PvP matches
Dev panel on end-game PvP - Making Ilum the place to be!

Make sure to bring back, booth babe Curt from Hollywookiee!
Through victory, my chains are broken.
The Force shall free me.

www.throughvictory.com
RP/PvE - US East - Shien

Darth_Eclipses
01.11.2012 , 04:15 PM | #98
There are major things I do not like about the game.

I want to see them addressed in panels. On one of the panels last year that Ohlen was on, I actually got to ask a question about production quality and if that is the reason that, at that time, a newly released MMO was failing (DCUO).

Ohlen went on to talk about TOR's production quality.

It's pvp world design speaks against that. I want a panel on it.
It's gfx engine and lack of high res speaks against that. I want a panel on it.
It's massive list of bugs & ability delay speaks against that. I want a panel on it.

PlayLoud
01.11.2012 , 04:23 PM | #99
So compared to the 8-hour lines you saw at PAX East, every other show had lines that were no longer than an hour or two.
I was in the line at E3 for about 3.5 hours , and a couple days later, the line was much longer.

There wasn't much you could do. The total demo was only 30 minutes long (a 10 minute video by DD, and 20 minutes of gameplay. I enjoyed the time I had on the game, and it gave me a good sense of how the game "felt".

Now that the game is launched, I feel any future events would be better served with a larger focus on videos, discussions, etc. People want to know where the game is heading.
CPU: Intel i5 3570k @ 4.2GHz | Mobo: GA-Z77X-D3H | RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16 GB | SSD: Samsung EVO 1TB
Video: MSI GTX 970 GAMING 4G | PSU: Corsair AX850 | Case: Antec P182 | Cooler: Noctua NH-D14
Sound: Soundblaster X-Fi Titanium HD | Headset: Sennheiser PC 360 | OS: Win 10 64 | Monitor: Dell G2410 1080p

Cmdluke
01.11.2012 , 04:25 PM | #100
every other show had lines that were no longer than an hour or two.
I beg to differ. I was in the first group that got let in at E3 last year on the first day. Second day, i waited half an hour. Third day, I waited 3 hours to play, and the line doubled in size behind me within minutes of the show floor opening.
"The Force is a Balance between the Light and the Dark" - Qun'aris Sunnrider
Jedi Consular Balance Sage