Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

2012 Events Feedback

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

DavidBass
01.11.2012 , 09:42 AM | #1 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hi everyone!

With 2012 finally here (and the launch of the game behind us), its now time for us to start planning events this year. While weve begun putting together plans for things wed like to do at conventions and shows around the world, we wanted to reach out to you, the members of our community, to get your thoughts about what youd want to see at these events.

Now bear in mind, we know many of you will want to see new content and game features showcased at events and in some cases, you will. However, you dont need to ask us for that as we already know its desired and exactly what does and doesnt get shown will be in the hands of the development team (and subject to the development schedule!).

While we havent announced the events were attending yet, well be present at many of the shows we were at in 2011. Were also planning on attending a bunch of additional events. What we do at these events will be varied, from having a full booth to doing Community meet-ups and panels, but our goal is to bring The Old Republic to a lot more people and meet as many of our community as possible throughout the year!

With that in mind, we want to hear your thoughts. To get you started, here are some questions wed love to get your feedback on.
  1. What would you want to see at a show this year? (Examples might include PvP tournaments, Q&As at the booth, photo opportunities)
  2. What topics would you like to see covered on panels? Specific areas of the game? General roundtables with the developer team? Voice actors?
  3. If a show is in your area, would you be likely to attend a Community Meet & Greet outside the show itself?

Thanks in advance for all your great feedback!

Xesha
01.11.2012 , 09:48 AM | #2
1) Free Q&A and panels live stream.
2) Future plans & ideas for PvP and competitive PvP.
3) I would absolutely check it out.
"Hey, I know! I'll use my trusty frying pan... as a drying pan!" - Brock

doodirock
01.11.2012 , 09:49 AM | #3
Panels about class balance, design choices, and Raid encounters! You need that feedback to build a better game!
=Bad Idea=
Website | Recruitment

Dragonexadon
01.11.2012 , 09:50 AM | #4
I want a full blown Bioware con hosted at the Baltimore Convention Center.

What would you want to see at a show this year? (Examples might include PvP tournaments, Q&As at the booth, photo opportunities)

Costume contest, chance to have our voice recorded into a random NPC of the game

What topics would you like to see covered on panels? Specific areas of the game? General roundtables with the developer team? Voice actors?

Game balance, future plans for expansions

If a show is in your area, would you be likely to attend a Community Meet & Greet outside the show itself?

Yes I would
FORCE EFFECT
|US-East || PVP Server || Casual Guild || End Game Operations & PVP
http://www.force-effect.net/

DarrkLore
01.11.2012 , 09:51 AM | #5
What about IN-GAME events? Like holidays and such? Will we ever see anything along those lines? Because that was always something fun that I looked forward to in MMOs.
ε╬╣!!!!╠▀▀{}▀(████████████████████████████████████████)

gloryhunterprime
01.11.2012 , 09:51 AM | #6
I would love to see a system for organized Huttball. I think that organized teams of Huttball with significant cosmetic rewards for winning would be really cool. An example would be each team must have a minimum of 8 people on the roster with a max of 20. Each team would be assigned another team to play, the captains would then select a time they will faceoff before Tuesday of the next week.

No expertise allowed. No team composition rules.

flumpet
01.11.2012 , 09:53 AM | #7
1 & 2.) Since story is such a big part of this game, I'd love to see a Q&A/Discussions with the writers. It's a unique strength of Old Republic, and I'd love to hear the thoughts of those writing the stories. Along that same line, events with the voice actors would be awesome.

3.) If an event were in my area, I'd definitely attend a Meet & Greet. That would be awesome.

carai
01.11.2012 , 09:53 AM | #8
1. What would you want to see at a show this year? (Examples might include PvP tournaments, Q&As at the booth, photo opportunities)

A: Tournaments would be fun. It would also be cool to one day have ranked PvP matches world wide meet up at like the MLG and such.

2. What topics would you like to see covered on panels? Specific areas of the game? General roundtables with the developer team? Voice actors?

A: I would love to have Voice actors covered at the panel as I am aspiring to be a voice actor and like to get more information on what I can do to reach that.

3. If a show is in your area, would you be likely to attend a Community Meet & Greet outside the show itself?

A: Definately. Hopefully there would be a way to seperate by servers as well to meet people on our same server.

Avanties
01.11.2012 , 09:54 AM | #9
1. What would you want to see at a show this year? (Examples might include PvP tournaments, Q&As at the booth, photo opportunities) PVP tournaments and Q&A panels with dev's

2. What topics would you like to see covered on panels? Specific areas of the game? General roundtables with the developer team? Voice actors? Roundtables and maybe lore panels.

3. If a show is in your area, would you be likely to attend a Community Meet & Greet outside the show itself? This year, Dragon*Con will be held Labor Day weekend (August 31 - September 3, 2012) in Atlanta, GA. Usually 40k + people show up and panels usually fill up, would be great to see BioWare there and a meet and greet outside of the con the Thursday or Tuesday before or after the Con would be awesome too!

Jasuk
01.11.2012 , 09:54 AM | #10

Definitely Q&As.

General roundtables for sure. Specifically, it would be nice to have some of those burning questions answered that we can't seem to get answers for on the forums. Voice actors would be nice, but if you do include them, please let them have their own section/time slot/etc. When the VAs were introduced at Comic-Con 2011, it seemed a bit awkward because you had some great talent just sitting there while questions were being asked about the game mechanics and the like. If they were kept separate in the future, I think it would be a lot more effective.

Most definitely.
50 Scoundrel - 38 Guardian - 33 Commando - 19 Shadow
50 Powertech - 42 Sorcerer - 20 Sniper - 1 Marauder
RIP - 50 Scoundrel - 50 Juggernaut - Beta Wiped