Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Which class has the best romance for a female character?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Which class has the best romance for a female character?

teambff's Avatar


teambff
04.27.2012 , 12:11 AM | #81
this thread is kind of pathetic lol.

at least i now know that some girls out there are as almost pathetic as i am.
(the difference being they probably actually have partners as to where i'm alone)

i feel for you girls though, you don't get alot of good options.
most of the male companions seem kinda blah.
JOSS WHEDON is god!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D7vS4z6ngQo
"the scoobygang legacy" on server mind trick, and in all other games, and things, and in life.

Darcor's Avatar


Darcor
04.27.2012 , 12:15 AM | #82
Quote: Originally Posted by Toogeloo View Post
ugh... Quinn is awful. If you could romance Pierce, I would totally agree. The romance gets awkward, for more than just the way he romances you as well (not to give anything away).
My GF is of the same opinion, and quite frankly, after playing SW and watching her play I fully agree. How they could ever pick Quinn as a romance is beyond me when Pierce is available and in my opinion far more suited for a strong female SW.

Crezelle's Avatar


Crezelle
04.27.2012 , 12:19 AM | #83
Quote: Originally Posted by teambff View Post
this thread is kind of pathetic lol.

at least i now know that some girls out there are as almost pathetic as i am.
(the difference being they probably actually have partners as to where i'm alone)

i feel for you girls though, you don't get alot of good options.
most of the male companions seem kinda blah.
rofl..it's prolly cause my bf is a caveman as far as romance goes XD
aka only time he acts sweet, is when he's in deep troubble
Crezelle De'Chimera, of the Shadowlands
" Secret Agent Blue Booty, at your service. You Lead the way; I bring the kolto. "

Azbeth's Avatar


Azbeth
04.27.2012 , 04:31 AM | #84
As for now I managed to level around 3 classes to 50 and trying Sith Inq now.. Smuggler, BH and Imperial Agent. And I must say Imperial Agent had the worst romance so far. Vector is kinda.. well.. arms rubbing song singer. Wont be trying Sith Warrior as Quinn (or w/e you spell it like) seems to be too much feminime :P and Jedi Consular one seems to be just creepy (I mean the female character herself, not the romance option xD).

I will go with Andronikos and Corso (Leave the farmboy alone, he's hilarious when jealous <3) >D

bright_ephemera's Avatar


bright_ephemera
04.27.2012 , 05:06 AM | #85
Guess I'll weigh in...

Personally? Quinn >> guess I haven't finished anybody else's plotline yet > having my eyes plucked out with hot pincers while somebody plays Nickelback loudly into my ear > Corso.

Differ'nt strokes. Quinn gets a lot of flak, but I liked the slow uncertainty and the several points at which I was convinced he didn't have a romance line. It's an unusual power dynamic - SW had every advantage - but it was oddly therapeutic to be the one in charge for once and to be able to say "Hey, if you're not sure about this, I respect the hell out of that." Can't say I've ever been on the powerful side of that situation before.

Corso is incredibly sweet, an old-fashioned gallant. Kind, generous, endearingly bumbling at times, prone to putting you on a pedestal. Outright psychotic if you try to leave him. He knows what's best for you, you see, and he'll be there when all those other guys are gone. Whether you like it or not.

Haven't gotten far with Andronikos, but he shoots straight and his ex speaks well of him ("he's good people"), and that's a solid start.

Vector's fascinating and grown-up and I (playing a male Agent) had to look up his line out of curiosity. If you don't mind the heavy sci-fi bug alien wacked-out brain, he's incredible - amazing person, amazing partner, and a certain choice in his bedroom scene allows you to choose between two very different vibes. I thought that was awesome.

Doc is hilarious and I wouldn't touch him with a ten-meter pole.
the Short Fic Weekly Challenge - 70+ authors to date. 1900+ stories. New prompts weekly!
Bright's Fanfic Threads
Forever Shenanigans!
Ceterum autem censeo, Malavai esse delendam.

grania's Avatar


grania
04.27.2012 , 05:55 AM | #86
I've completed Quinn's and Torian's romance, and am in the midst of the Corso and Vector romances. I skipped Andronikos (sorry, his voice feels like sand paper on my eardrums. I'm kind of sensitive to sounds.)

The relationship with Quinn was very tumultuous and memorable, and I enjoyed it. It was my favorite for a long time. When I romanced Torian I just felt like I was going through the motions and I don't remember much about it. Nothing against Torian, I just wasn't very drawn in.

I've done several of Corso's conversations and I kind of like him; I was initially turned off by his character model, for various reasons, but his personality was very natural and relate-able. I thought it was funny and cute when he would drunkenly hit on my smuggler, and how completely unbothered she was by it. (:

I haven't finished Vector's romance yet either but in my opinion he has the sexiest voice, maybe in the whole game. It's very lilting and serene. Plus he is very easy for my character to get along with, and his character model is hot. Yay eye-candy! As far as the joiner stuff I could take it or leave it - just keep talking, Vector. *swoon*

Quote:
Jedi Consular one seems to be just creepy (I mean the female character herself, not the romance option xD)
ROFL now that you mention it, yeah my consular is creepy as hell, doesn't help she's extremely polite but dark sided. I wouldn't want to know her in real life
--,-'-{## ##}-'-,--
"Mama, I dies your character, sorree!"

Mirandel's Avatar


Mirandel
04.27.2012 , 08:19 AM | #87
Looks like we have to discuss separately 2 categories of romance: one is where your character initiate it and keeps hitting on a guy until he surrender (your girl plays traditional man's role) and another, where guy will at least let you know he is ok with your flirting. Vector and Quinn is from the first one, Andronikos - second. Torian honestly answered for direct question "why did you come with me" - "you are much prettier then Commander", so, I guess from second category too.

Morlaak's Avatar


Morlaak
04.27.2012 , 01:25 PM | #88
Quote: Originally Posted by Achraya View Post
Also Gault is clearly homosexual. Which is whatever, when SGR shows up I'd happily roll a male BH to tap that delightful conman, but if he was to be a believable romance option for my Fem!BH I'd have to delete/forgo romance. I wouldn't be able to believe it.
This comment just made the thread worthy for me.

Earthmama's Avatar


Earthmama
04.27.2012 , 02:00 PM | #89
Please, please please OP, Give Vector a chance! Despite him being a joiner he is one of the sweetest romances I've experienced yet on TOR! Love him to bits and can't wait for an ex-pac with more kiliky conversations with him.

I'm working on my 4th 50 (Stay at home mom, to kids who still nap, I have spare time, don't judge me!)

IA, Consular, SW and have a lvl 47 Gunslinger.

So far, Vector>Corso>Quinn>Iresso

Iresso is sweet, he's just kinda blah, which actually works very well for the Consular, only because she's such a high ranking Jedi, a normal easy relationship with no drama is just what she needs....just makes for a boring play through.

Quinn, is cute! cute cute cute, and I had a ball making him uncomfortable and awkward until he finally gave in to his emotions and let himself love my SW. That being said, had Pierce been a fully romancable option, That's where I would be...but alas, we'll always have that one night.

Corso, I'm just smitten with him, I like the chivalry and how flipping jealous he gets when you flirt with other NPCs, it's really sweet.

And well I already told you about Vector. He's awesome!

I'm thinking After I wrap up my Smuggler, I'll roll a BH, the story intrigues me, and Torian seems pretty interesting.

Celacia's Avatar


Celacia
04.27.2012 , 03:03 PM | #90
Quote: Originally Posted by bright_ephemera View Post
Vector's fascinating and grown-up and I (playing a male Agent) had to look up his line out of curiosity. If you don't mind the heavy sci-fi bug alien wacked-out brain, he's incredible - amazing person, amazing partner, and a certain choice in his bedroom scene allows you to choose between two very different vibes. I thought that was awesome.
I am absolutely convinced that the bit in his codex about his being only 26 is total bs. There is no way he is that young, despite how defenseless (and young) he looks in a certain scene.
Quote: Originally Posted by grania View Post
I skipped Andronikos (sorry, his voice feels like sand paper on my eardrums. I'm kind of sensitive to sounds.)
That is a shame. His voice sounds like pure sex to me. You didn't miss a lot, romance-wise though I think. He likes his space, but you know, he ends up liking you more, basically.
Quote:
The relationship with Quinn was very tumultuous and memorable, and I enjoyed it. It was my favorite for a long time. When I romanced Torian I just felt like I was going through the motions and I don't remember much about it. Nothing against Torian, I just wasn't very drawn in.
He isn't very deep, but he has that 'I am a very young man who is so very serious about the things that are important to me (and that includes you, of whom I am kind of in awe)' thing going on, and also he is pretty, and I am a sucker for both of those things. (As my younger, pretty husband could attest.)
Quote:
I haven't finished Vector's romance yet either but in my opinion he has the sexiest voice, maybe in the whole game. It's very lilting and serene. Plus he is very easy for my character to get along with, and his character model is hot. Yay eye-candy! As far as the joiner stuff I could take it or leave it - just keep talking, Vector. *swoon*
Mmmm, Vector. <3