Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Why is there a copy protection system in the graphics, and is it crippling the game?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Why is there a copy protection system in the graphics, and is it crippling the game?

they
01.11.2012 , 04:10 PM | #671
Quote: Originally Posted by Kiwimeister View Post
Go read the other 66 pages They
I mean, I've read most of it, but I'm trying to figure out where it actually started, originally. All I can figure is it was "someone said, he said, she said, they think" sorta deal.

-shrug-

shananigan
01.11.2012 , 04:11 PM | #672
Quote: Originally Posted by they View Post
I mean, I've read most of it, but I'm trying to figure out where it actually started, originally. All I can figure is it was "someone said, he said, she said, they think" sorta deal.

-shrug-
First page explains it all.
If anything, people should read at least the first page of a thread.
Do or do not, there is no try.

Kiwimeister
01.11.2012 , 04:15 PM | #673

-shrug-

Speculation My Dear Watson.....Main Idea Generated from the existence of a second swtor.exe process running when game client is up...(if i read right myself)
No one said for sure that it is Remote Rendering thats going on...it was merely an idea dished out in hopes to generate some response or Action from Bioware in regards to many people that are experiencing performance issues with the game. We all have our ideas as to what it could be....
Everything Eventually comes to an end....Not even the Dragon Balls can last forever!

Gorgewall
01.11.2012 , 04:15 PM | #674
The thread title and first post raise the question, "Is this thing causing performance drops?"

No one knows, but these forums will (and have already, apparently) assume "yes".

When did the SWTOR forums become FOX News?

Kiwimeister
01.11.2012 , 04:16 PM | #675
Quote: Originally Posted by shananigan View Post
First page explains it all.
If anything, people should read at least the first page of a thread.

well im not sure anymore lol....been following this post all day lol...i bearly remember what the first page says lol
Everything Eventually comes to an end....Not even the Dragon Balls can last forever!

Kiwimeister
01.11.2012 , 04:17 PM | #676
Quote: Originally Posted by Gorgewall View Post
The thread title and first post raise the question, "Is this thing causing performance drops?"

No one knows, but these forums will (and have already, apparently) assume "yes".

LOL....CNN my fren!!!

Tiron_Raptor
01.11.2012 , 04:18 PM | #677

-shrug-
Someone in the 'High Res Textures' thread dissected one of the DLLs in question and found it apparently halving texture size. It became the topic of discussion for a bit, and eventually someone put out that it was a copy protection thing, 'according to the documentation', with a blurb almost identical to the one at the start of the paper.

Then about six different things all went click in my brain at once, and it turned into one of those 'oh god' moments of pure horror.

To be frank, I'm hoping that it won't be long before I can pretty much spoiler-out the entire first post as wrong, with the corrections and explanations of what's actually going on edited in. Basically turn it into an info post.

"cause I really, truely, want not one bit of it to be true. But it in some ways it seemed to fit almost perfectly... much less so now, but it's not completely dead yet.

Quote: Originally Posted by Gorgewall View Post

which is why there's large, red text at the top that basically translates to: 'don't panic'.
One day my body will be able to take my brain out in public without it embarrassing us.

shananigan
01.11.2012 , 04:18 PM | #678
Quote: Originally Posted by Kiwimeister View Post
well im not sure anymore lol....been following this post all day lol...i bearly remember what the first page says lol
Go back and read it then, silly, tiron edited it alot, it also explains where the term came from and who found the DLL's that lead to the speculations.
Do or do not, there is no try.

SWGoriginal
01.11.2012 , 04:20 PM | #679
Is this to stop happening what happened to SWG and emulators being set up where they have no control?

Comar
01.11.2012 , 04:20 PM | #680
So we cant have the high res textures for our characters regarding Stephens post...just great...

I understand why the use the low res textures on other characters out there, but if i loot a nice looking armor piece i want to see it on my character in full detail. Give us at least the option to show the high res textures on our own characters please!
Darth Sious - Synthweaver/Slicer on "The Red Eclipse"

In Beta known as:Parsec, Dredale, Sabero, Drem, Kaast, Kia'a