mercenary bodyguard PvP spec.

nvmvoidrays

topic.

pretty much as it says on the tin.

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#300bfRMRzfdkqZMckZb.1

that, to me, seems like the best PvP spec i could come up with. i'm not sure how well 4% alacrity translates, but i could switch it for the 4% reduced damage if it doesn't pan out well. or, i could get integrated systems instead.

the best thing is probably the fact that the PvP spec works just as well for PvE as it does for PvP.

i suppose this should be titled: system calibrations vs integrated systems/powered insulators, rofl. custom enviro suit is also an option, but, ehh... it doesn't seem that great.

i do like muzzle fluting, though. 9 heat reduction on power shot makes it cost no heat with supercharged gas up.

Edited by nvmvoidrays

No custom enviro suit?

I would go with something like this: http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#300rfR0RdcdkqZRcoM.1

Alacricy isn't needed from talents, as a bodyguard in pvp i myself found our insta heal(s) and increased healing recieved and done and 4% reduced damage far more important then a .15 sec of my heals. The energy shield uninterupt is however very nice, the increased healing talent for this not that much.

Also for stats priorities, surge is by far the best stat, with crit/power close behind. Alacricy is nice, but don't stack it much, its not needed.

I'm at 85% surge and 40% crit atm (100% surge if you count the healing talent), its so nice to insta rapid heal crit for 6k on the run, followed by an emergency heal crit. going back to full 16k hp in 1.5seconds (this happends alot ;)).

Glad to see more BH's going heal in pvp, i think our class is 1 of the better pvp healers tbh. Our burst heal and heavy armor make us so tanky and can get out of a bad situation better then other healers.

<3

Personally I use...

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#300rrRokdZrfkrRbzko.1

Decent heals and DPS.

Side note, there are only 3 healers. So of course BH's are "one of the best" there aren't many to choose from :p)

I also play an Agent healer, sooooo much fun.

Sorcerer seems boring to me though.

Edited by Spade_PK-XLVII

I was so happy to get muzzle fluting. 9 reduced cost to Power Shot is surprisingly useful for a healer. Solo, pvp, even throwing in an extra dps hit or 2 on a pve boss when people are topped off can make or break a fight in a hard mode flashpoint if the enrage timer is an issue.

snip.

well, i need to get to 50 first before i start to seriously pvp, rofl.

as for custom enviro suit, does the 2% endurance and extra healing received help that much? 2% endurance isn't... that great, i suppose. how much extra health is it, anyway? and, the 6% more healing... idk. it doesn't seem that significant.

no afterburner?

you need to set up more tracer without light em up.

i would switch with reactive armor and integrated system

Nope, i have tried afterburner, but the knock back kind of sucks. If it knocked them down or stunned or something it would be worth it, but it really doesn't do much. Might consider switching it with Integrated systems though for the extra jet boost distance, not sure yet.

As for light em up, since I'm focused mainly on heals and not going far enough into Arsenal to get tracer lock, there is not much point. It would be nice, but not worth the survivability i would sacrifice to get it.

nothing beats kolto missiles + kolto residue on the run aim the targetting thingy a few meters in front of you fire it off and you run right through it getting the heal you can basically spam the missile in front of you as you keep running. combine that with kolto shell. healing sweetness.