Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Why do I have to wear such ugly gear?

Clowater
01.11.2012 , 02:21 AM | #1
I really like the custom items.

I went through a dozen Lightsabers until i found a hilt and sound that I liked.

I found an awesome looking set that really looks nice and plain, The Saber Marshal set.

Then I hit endgame.

I started picking up my Columi and Pvp gear.

The Champion and Columi gear have 56 Rating mods in them. The best I can make, or really obtain otherwise are 50.

So I simply take out those mods and slot them in. Sure it'll cost me like 20k-30k each, but thats the price of looking the way I want right?

Problem is. They are Missing the Item's Base mod. Armouring, and Hilts/Barrels

So the Armour is always going to be better, and so are a few base stats, as well as the damage on a weapon.

So i'm stuck. Not wearing the set gear is going to be a downside, regardless of how much money i'm willing to put in or what mods i have access to. I do not like the look of many of my set pieces. To me it doesn't look like something i'd see in the star wars universe. I have pieces I want to wear, but i'd be at a disadvantage for doing so.

Yeah maybe later i'll be able to get equivalent level Armouring or Hilts/Barrels. Even then still at a disadvantage. Why?

Set Bonuses.

Now what?

Welve
01.11.2012 , 02:30 AM | #2
I haven't found a single person that likes the way the Jedi Consular and Knight PVP gear and PVE gear looks...especially knight PVP and consular PVE gear . I know the devs said style is subjective, but man I think they should check out the person's closet that designed some of the armor!

Anyway, I thought a good way to do it might be to add a "customization" slot like the companions have that changes the way armor looks while retaining it's stats. I understand that the fear of doing something like this in PVP is that a lot of times people identify other characters by what they wear in PVP, consular robes, etc, but perhaps the way to circumvent that is to not change the style of the clothing, rather just the appearance.

My other recommendation is that the customized pieces be crafted with each craft having a specific look or set of looks, biochem, for example, might have formal diplomatic robes (since diplomacy is the paired stat) and cybertech a very advanced technical looking pair of robes or armor. Synthweave could have a broader selection and more options for jedi than the others...It would boost the usefulness and desire of several of the crafts and give people several new looks

eightohfive
01.11.2012 , 02:30 AM | #3
Bioware announced that they are making all purple gear fully moddable again, but that certain mods will be tied to certain armor pieces (ie a mod from an operation helm can only be put into another helm piece).

So now we will be able to use any orange/purple gear we want, and make it raid loot quality. You can even move over your armor set bonuses.

Here is the thread link with dev response
<Malum Factum>
ADULT PROGRESSION PVE + TEAM-PLAY PVP

visit our website | like us on facebook | learn more about us
Apply Now

zgiety
01.11.2012 , 02:33 AM | #4
http://www.darthhater.com/articles/s...-end-game-gear

You just have to wait for it to happen

XD Before i started writing the post I was supposed to be first. Sorry I said things others also said :P

Clowater
01.11.2012 , 02:53 AM | #5
You know, i'm really happy about this, and thanks to everyone for the quick and informative replies. I hope this is implemented very soon.

Kibaken
01.11.2012 , 03:07 AM | #6
Hopefully they remove stats from Color Crystals so everyone doesn't have the same color saber/blaster, too. I'm really tempted to just leave my red crystals in mine and take the DPS loss :\
Nylos Daeryo Jelrik Lyrax | Sanguiar Rapton Zegran Kemarov
The Aurion Legacy