Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Subscription plan (the lack of Direct Debit)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Subscription plan (the lack of Direct Debit)

Brainstormz
12.14.2011 , 07:45 AM | #1
I just check how to pay the monthly fee. Now there is a credit card option, a paypal (dont want it) and a Game Time Code.

Now where is the option for direct debit? the EU type of paying? We in europe are not used to have a credit card and I don't want one.

So how do we have to pay? Every big MMO has ideal / Direct debit.
/me Laughs @ "VIP CE" sig users you are not special

Zeppelin
12.14.2011 , 07:46 AM | #2
Your debit card is a credit card if it has like a Visa or whatever logo on it. That's how it works in the US at least. It'll probably take your normal debit card even without.
Size matters not!

The first rule about Jar Jar is we don't talk about Jar Jar.

Brainstormz
12.14.2011 , 07:50 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Zeppelin View Post
Your debit card is a credit card if it has like a Visa or whatever logo on it. That's how it works in the US at least. It'll probably take your normal debit card even without.
Most of us in the netherland have a http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maestro_(debit_card)

DJOllieVee
12.14.2011 , 07:51 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Zeppelin View Post
This.

If it says Credit Card, it will mean your Debit Card will work too, aslong as it says something along the lines of 'Accepts Visa Debit, Visa, Mastercard, Visa Maestro etc'.
Recruitment Officer for the Tatooine People's Front NOT the People's Front of Tatooine
SPLITTERS!
RIP . Gone but not forgotten.

Brainstormz
12.14.2011 , 07:54 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by DJOllieVee View Post
This.

If it says Credit Card, it will mean your Debit Card will work too, aslong as it says something along the lines of 'Accepts Visa Debit, Visa, Mastercard, Visa Maestro etc'.
Well we in europe have a Maestro card. That would not be a credit card.

The payment option atm 4 the card in swtor are
Code:
VISA
MASTERCARD
JCB
AMERICAN EXPRESS
VISA ELECTRON
VISA DELTA

ShardTosk
12.14.2011 , 07:56 AM | #6
Your Debit Card being synonymous with a credit card is pretty much an American thing. For the rest of us it's tied to our bank account and ONLY our bank account. Does Interac and nothing else.
()≡ǁ/////ǁ(₪)ǁǁ[██████████████████████████████)

Vowe
12.14.2011 , 07:57 AM | #7
From other things I've seen, Maestro is usually the same as Mastercard. Maestro is owned by Mastercard.

Vowe
12.14.2011 , 07:58 AM | #8
I found this on Wikipedia for Maestro.

Within the EU and certain other countries, Maestro is MasterCard's main debit brand and is the equivalent of signature debit card which does not require electronic authorisation, similar to the Visa Debit card. In most other countries, Maestro is equivalent to a Visa Electron and is MasterCard's tertiary card.

So, I'd try Mastercard. If that doesn't work, try Visa Electron. If that doesn't work - call up and gripe.

DJOllieVee
12.14.2011 , 07:59 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Brainstormz View Post
Well we in europe have a Maestro card. That would not be a credit card.

The payment option atm 4 the card in swtor are
Code:
VISA
MASTERCARD
JCB
AMERICAN EXPRESS
VISA ELECTRON
VISA DELTA
It might be worth while calling or emailing the Customer Support and double checking. I'm from Europe (London) and have a Visa Debit card and it is counted as a credit card (even though it's called a Debit Card) when paying for items online, for example Steam says it needs Credit Card details but Debit Cards work as they have the same function except that you can only use the funds that are in your account.

Maestro is a debit card (i used to have one) and it should work but as it is a specific type of Mastercard card, like i said, i would double check.
Recruitment Officer for the Tatooine People's Front NOT the People's Front of Tatooine
SPLITTERS!
RIP . Gone but not forgotten.

Brainstormz
12.14.2011 , 07:59 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Vowe View Post
From other things I've seen, Maestro is usually the same as Mastercard. Maestro is owned by Mastercard.
I checked the FAQ @ Maestro and they say there is a different between a credit card and a "Pin card "