(This should be) BW's PvP New Year's Resolution

gluefoot

(Mods please make this a sticky)

Many people are having issues with PvP. I made this topic specifically for Republic players who wish to list their problems with PvP combat, warzones, balance, etc. Here are a few problems of my own and some I have heard people complain about on the forums (I will be adding as I go):

-Animation/damage delay

-Full Auto/Mortar Volley delay

-Accomplished Doctor/Accomplished Sawbones talent and Flash Bang/Flash Grenade CD (Fixed)

-Resolve supposedly "not working"

-Blade storm glitch

-Republic Ability Wind-Up

-Make Tanks viable in PvP

-Resolve doesn't satisfy

-Dirty Kick roots user in place

-Voidstar ties going to Empire

1. Animation/damage delay: There is a damage delay with Project as opposed to Lightning Strike: I cannot confirm, any links/posts appreciated

2. Full Auto/Mortar Volley delay, but none on Unload/Death from Above: This is a BIG issue for me, and is the main reason I don't use said abilities often in PvP. I can vouch for this myself, I play trooper. I have only heard about the fact that Unload and Death from Above are faster starting up.

3. Accomplished Doctor/Accomplished Sawbones talent, as well as 90 sec CD on Flash Bang vs. 60 sec CD on Flash Grenade: This is being fixed by BW.

Topic here: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=141767

4. Jarring Strike/K.O. opener: I see that this is specifically the problem with Concealment Operatives and Scrapper Scoundrels. It's the fact that they can sneak up behind you and get 3 abilities off (if you include HS or SF) without anything you can do. If you use your CC breaker, they just stun you again, then you're confirmed dead as opposed to having a 1/10 chance of living.

Also, another problem with this is that every time this is used on someone, another player comes to assist in the knife fest. It makes you an immediate target for everyone on the opposing team.

So don't nerf the damage, nerf the knockdown.

--------I am actually convinced this is not true anymore. If this were to be nerfed, Sages/Sorcerers would dominate PvP with no counter. So, BW, DO NOT nerf this.

5. Resolve supposedly "not working" I have yet to thoroughly test this. Again, any vids or screens are appreciated. Remember, Resolve does not break you out of stun, it just prevents it from being applied once it is active.

6. Blade Storm supposedly doesn't work, but Force Scream (mirror ability) does: Cannot confirm, any reply appreciated

7. In general, Republic abilities have a "Wind Up" before the Damage is applied, as where the Empire abilities mostly do not: As far as what I know, it's pretty bad with Trooper abilites. I'll be halfway through a Full Auto channel before it starts going. Sometimes it doesn't work at all!

8. Make Tanks viable in PvP: I heard Gabe Amantangello say at last year's pax that tanks would be fully viable in PvP. They would be able to guard people and have a lot of damage mitigation abilities that could apply. It appears that is not the case. Since all melee attacks except free ones aren't able to be shielded, tanks' primary source of damage mitigation has a very low chance of shielding an attack. Also, Defense and Accuracy don't seem to work as intended either. Here are two topics discussing the same thing, as well as how to fix it:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=155034

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=158112

9. "Fix Resolve!" (or, at least make it less useless): Here is a topic that suggests a way to make people more cautious about how they use their stuns:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=133183

Personally, I don't fully agree with this. I just think that they should make code to have different stuns build up more resolve, intead of the standard "two stuns caps resolve". But I do agree on making the Resolve last longer, though.

10. Dirty kick roots user in place, same with other repub abilities: Smuggler's can't be on the run while using Dirty Kick, yet Agents can use Debilitate on the run. I have seen this happen. This has been reported for other republic abilities yet not their Imp mirrors. Confirmation on other abilities yet to come in.

11. Voidstar Ties favoring Empire (even when they are not!): I have witnessed this myself. My team got the data with 50 seconds left on the clock, and they got the data with 39 seconds on the clock. Yet they still got the win! What the heck, Bioware?

Post back with a problem you want solved!

Edited by gluefoot

well, add some formating your post will be hard to read if it should work like a summary

anyway - here you go.. add

- CC imunities in game & resolve bar

- tanks shield not working and defensive gear stats doesnt make sense

well, add some formating your post will be hard to read if it should work like a summary

anyway - here you go.. add

- CC imunities in game & resolve bar

- tanks shield not working and defensive gear stats doesnt make sense

Added, thanks!

Smuggler dirty kick rooting smuggler in place for animation making 30% speed bonus talent significantly less useful. Agent can freely move while stabbing his stun knife.

That is NOT true. Shiv = Blaster whip and Debilitate = Dirty Kick. IA is rooted as well.

Most of this is just in your head.

You really need to keep current with the Dev's. They already announced they are working at fixing the ability lag, and in fact it is not lag at all. But it is not just 1 thing causing it. Therefor look for the fix in patch 1.2.

You really need to keep current with the Dev's. They already announced they are working at fixing the ability lag, and in fact it is not lag at all. But it is not just 1 thing causing it. Therefor look for the fix in patch 1.2.

It's not the ability lag, it's the difference between Republic and Empire ability delays.

I have heard accounts of people disappearing to dodge a project before it applies damage. So, not working as intended.

Also, Mortar Volley does not even start until halfway through the channel.

Edited by gluefoot

11. Voidstar Ties favoring Empire (even when they are not!): I have witnessed this myself. My team got the data with 50 seconds left on the clock, and they got the data with 39 seconds on the clock. Yet they still got the win! What the heck, Bioware?

If the initial attacking team reaches the core than the second team to attack will have a timer equal to whatever time it took the first to reach the core.

In this case if the 1st team made it with 50 seconds left and the 2nd made it with 39 seconds left than the 2nd team actually made it with 89 seconds of the ORIGINAL FULL clock time left as they had 50 seconds less to begin with.

In this case it would clearly be a victory for the 2nd attackers. In fact, if the first team reaches the core and the second team also does then it actually HAS to be a victory for the second team as they will have made it in less time.

Edited by Arellea

If the initial attacking team reaches the core than the second team to attack will have a timer equal to whatever time it took the first to reach the core.

In this case if the 1st team made it with 50 seconds left and the 2nd made it with 39 seconds left than the 2nd team actually made it with 89 seconds of the ORIGINAL FULL clock time left as they had 50 seconds less to begin with.

In this case it would clearly be a victory for the 2nd attackers. In fact, if the first team reaches the core and the second team also does then it actually HAS to be a victory for the second team as they will have made it in less time.

Your math seems to be off.

If they have to reach the core on a timer equal to the time it took the other faction to get it, then they should have lost ten seconds before the match ended.

I sense a bias in the force.

(Mods please make this a sticky)

2. Full Auto/Mortar Volley delay, but none on Unload/Death from Above:

Incorrect- it comes up over and over, and is wrong over and over- DfA does not start doing damage until the BH is up in the air AND the first missile has hit the target- it can be interrupted without any damage ticking, something that couldn't happen if there was no delay as people try to say all the time.

Also, Operative backstab takes about a second to go off (note-instant ability)- there's delays for some imperial abilities too, Republic isn't a special snowflake here.

4. Jarring Strike/K.O. opener: I see that this is specifically the problem with Concealment Operatives and Scrapper Scoundrels. It's the fact that they can sneak up behind you and get 3 abilities off (if you include HS or SF) without anything you can do. If you use your CC breaker, they just stun you again, then you're confirmed dead as opposed to having a 1/10 chance of living.

Also, another problem with this is that every time this is used on someone, another player comes to assist in the knife fest. It makes you an immediate target for everyone on the opposing team.

So don't nerf the damage, nerf the knockdown.

--------I am actually convinced this is not true anymore. If this were to be nerfed, Sages/Sorcerers would dominate PvP with no counter. So, BW, DO NOT nerf this.

A scoundrel can eat through a shield, and still kill someone in a stun- and this is what you don't want to be nerfed? OK there bub, half second delays on moderate damaging abilities is end of the world, but being able to kill someone in a single stun is just fine.

5. Resolve supposedly "not working" I have yet to thoroughly test this. Again, any vids or screens are appreciated. Remember, Resolve does not break you out of stun, it just prevents it from being applied once it is active.

I've heard this false rumour that electrocute goes through resolve- I play a sorc, I've never stunned someone with a white bar, so this is yet another fabrication by Republic players.

7. In general, Republic abilities have a "Wind Up" before the Damage is applied, as where the Empire abilities mostly do not: As far as what I know, it's pretty bad with Trooper abilites. I'll be halfway through a Full Auto channel before it starts going. Sometimes it doesn't work at all!

Sounds more like lag- most people don't have this problem, but I know if I get a bit of lag- this seems to happen on most abilities, especially channeled ones. Some abilities get lagged more than others- cover for example will lag even when nothing else will- it's possible that certain republic abilities are more prone to lag, and that might be what you are getting- but without real testing this is yet another unconfirmed thing that has only been supported by yuppies yapping on the forums.

8. Make Tanks viable in PvP: I heard Gabe Amantangello say at last year's pax that tanks would be fully viable in PvP. They would be able to guard people and have a lot of damage mitigation abilities that could apply. It appears that is not the case. Since all melee attacks except free ones aren't able to be shielded, tanks' primary source of damage mitigation has a very low chance of shielding an attack. Also, Defense and Accuracy don't seem to work as intended either. Here are two topics discussing the same thing, as well as how to fix it:

Tanks aren't the only ones- healers get a huge debuff too. Odd that the only ones not getting any debuff in pvp are the dps- guess BW wanted it to be a 3 second from stealth stun to deathfest game. Both healing and tanking need to be effective in game.

That said, tanks are tougher in pvp- much, much tougher. I've also seen the, again, false rumour going around that sorc damage ignores armour mitigation while sage damage doesn't. Sorcs get affliction which does internal- all their lightning and crushing deals energy/kinetic, which is all mitigated equally by armour. Madness sorcs get an extra dot and death field, which are internal (imagine sages do too, but haven't played that class), putting them at 3 abilities which bypass armour. To make it clear- lightning doesn't do more damage to tanks than rock flurries.

Umm, you do realize you get a timer at the start of your match, then the other team gets the same timer MINUS whatever was left on your timer- so as long as they get it before the timer hits 0, they have beaten you.

r

On my server, most ties go to the Republic when both sides get the same doors down but not the data- guess that proves this one's actually in the Republic's favour.

The reason this won't be stickied is because it's more Republic propaganda which is generally incorrect- I can't disprove it all because I haven't played every class- but I'd suggest before making such claims, to test it yourself- because none of the Republic players who you got your info from have tested it either.

There are abilities which favour the Republic too- sages have better heals, it's easier to find and interrupt BH/Sorcs using their main abilities. Grapple for BH often doesn't work even on characters without a full resolve bar, JK force push launches you considerably further- sent from the Voidstar bridge right to the wall last game. Sorc Overload takes a half second to proc- meaning if you get jostled in that time your overload will go off wherever you've been thrown to.

I'm sure there's countless more that others have noted- needless to say, they'd might as well forget about ability diversity, it creates too much of a whine fest- just get rid of imbalances- note, for both sides, not just the ones that favour Imperial, get rid of those that favour Republic too- and fix some of the bugs.

But you aren't really here for balance are you? Considering you support stunkill from stealth with no possible counter, perhaps I shouldn't waste time considering it'll be the same 'no BW hates Republic!!!!' response every time.

Smuggler dirty kick rooting smuggler in place for animation making 30% speed bonus talent significantly less useful. Agent can freely move while stabbing his stun knife.

Seems like animations / cool downs / movement are all coded to the advantage of the Imprial Classes.

I sense some inside conrruption here.