Same Sex Relationship? Where is it?

Auralias

What happen to the promise of same sex relationship?

Will we in the future be able to pick and choose our companions kinda like GuildWars?

It's not a high priority. There's other things they need to focus on right now.

To the haters in the thread:

Nothing wrong with it... just because you're not into it doesn't make it wrong/gross.

To OP:

Bioware stated future companions will have the option for same sex romance.

Edited by Nedax

What happen to the promise of same sex relationship?

Will we in the future be able to pick and choose our companions kinda like GuildWars?

Do you honestly believe this game will ever have same sex relationships? I am not talking about now, or six months, this game will NEVER have same sex relationships.

Kids play this game too you know. How have you not realized how innapropriate this would be with a game that so many people 15 or younger can easily get a hold of?

This is so innapropriate it is not even funny.

I'm so glad I'm quitting this game. I can't believe they are actually gonna implement this crap.

Yeah, optional content that has to effect on anyone other than your own character + companion is definitely the deal breaker...

Give me a quote and a reference of when and where that promise was made.

From a Rock, Paper, Shotgun article: http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2011/09/14/same-sex-relations-in-swtor-post-release/

The forum post they link to is dead, but this is from last September. Regardless, this isn't something that's "new." They mentioned this months ago as a "post-launch" feature. Now what classifies post-launch is anyone's guess.

Edit: Started forming this post before some of the ridiculous homophobia started getting posted. Really people? Not everyone is the same as you, learn to accept it and stop the hate. Damn.

Edited by IGsChevy

Do you honestly believe this game will ever have same sex relationships? I am not talking about now, or six months, this game will NEVER have same sex relationships.

Kids play this game too you know. How have you not realized how innapropriate this would be with a game that so many people 15 or younger can easily get a hold of?

So you can say the evil sith warrior events are appropriate for children?

Edited by Nedax

How is it less appropriate than what's already in the game?

Edited by CharagonIGN

I'm so glad I'm quitting this game. I can't believe they are actually gonna implement this crap.

I'm not going to be quitting.

But I do agree that it is ridiculous that this is even on the table... Just shows you how far our society has fallen.

Hello everyone!

Since we do feel the current discussion for same gender romance has run its course and due to the unfortunate volatile nature of the conversation, we are closing this thread. For our official statement, please see the following:

Official statement follows:

Due to the design constraints of a fully voiced MMO of this scale and size, many choices had to be made as to the launch and post-launch feature set. Same gender romances with companion characters in
Star Wars:
The Old Republic will be a post-launch feature. Because The Old Republic is an MMO, the game will live on through content expansions which allow us to include content and features that could not be included at launch, including the addition of more companion characters who will have additional romance options.

Should anyone have any questions or concerns, please do email us: Communitysupport@swtor.com.

Thank you.