Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Fix Force Wave

TaintedSquirrel
01.14.2012 , 08:30 AM | #11
I get blank GCD's from Force Wave when I button mash, specifically after using force speed.
I will spam the button, and a GCD happens, but no spell occurs. THEN after the GCD refreshes, the spell casts.

This often happens with Project as well.
Super super annoying, especially in PVP.

Boxer
01.14.2012 , 01:11 PM | #12
I too want to agree with the OP. Timing in PvP becomes very difficult compared to other classes with both skill and server delay.

Quote: Originally Posted by darrthbt View Post
force wave claims to only affect weak and standard enemies, yet it also affects strong and players.
I believe force wave says it additionally stuns weak and standard, but it should push back anything that isn't CC/movement immune.

Alikain
01.14.2012 , 01:44 PM | #13
All our spells have a delay for some reason and am not just talking about the instant cast but all. for example if i try casting disturbance it suppose to be 1.5 seconds to cast it be sometimes it get to 1.5 second and it starts all over again. i have got killed because of such delays, and even have got my spells interrupted. they need to fix everything about the consular spells and animation delay.
Fear is a disease; hope is its only cure.
Compromise is a virtue to be cultivated, not a weakness to be despised.
Belief is not a matter of choice, but of conviction.
Trust in your friends, and they’ll have reason to trust in you.

Sky_walkerPL
01.14.2012 , 02:17 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by CallsignRazgriz View Post
Lvl 50 Jedi Sage here. This spell desperately needs a fix. In PvP it's gamebreaking.
There are no spells in TOR!
Sky Legacy, Hydian Way
[COLOR="PaleTurquoise"]Proudly contributed to: Color crystalsRE guideDH DB. Created: Imp uniforms list.

iinnate
01.14.2012 , 03:40 PM | #15
while they are at it, fix project first cuz its way more broken...
with the the 3 second project animation lag (casted by a sage at 30 meters):
1. you cannot insta hit cappers, and u always lose in mirror nuke match
2. it does not track stealth units once its fired (people use vanish ability with 4% life left on me all the time and my rock just glitchout midair after initiated). when a sith assasin or marauder or agent sees me launch project they just use vanish ability and then /laugh at my glitched rock then 3 second later ***** my face.
3. delayed trigger to secondary talents/abilities
4. there is no real advantage to que up burst with project, because sage dot breaks all mez effect(like force lift) all the time in the heat of battle any ways so theres no time to que project, more importantly the inquisitor talent that gives you a 2nd shock for 45% more damage is instant where as the 2nd project rock for 45% damage in sage is actrually DOUBLE LAGGED. why are people still arguing thinking that project is good for burst? /facepalm

the different kind of object u can pull up is cool BUT THE ABILITY IT SELF IS COMPLETELY GIMPED IN PVP compare to inquisitor shock. is bioware refusing to change it cuz they dont want those fancy animaton to goto waste? or do they seriously believe the perceived advantage in project lag is practical? im so frustrated with this lag that im about to quit the game

face_hindu
01.15.2012 , 06:49 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by dronepilot View Post
Equally my friend is a Sage too, and she also complains her class is some what underpowered, she can't effectively heal properly, and she says shes played lots of MMO's stating that the healers in this game are different.
Strange, my main is a Sage and is about 5 levels OVERpowered. I guarantee my groups that nobody will die unless they commit suicide.

Might have something to do with being geared though, rather than the class being underpowered. Just a thought. Tell your friend to trade those greens for purples, and get a couple relics and implants.

EDIT: re the topic (got carried away there) - BW needs to fix this, it's embarrassing. Either make it instant, or make it a .5 sec channeled ability (like it essentially is now). Or change the text so it doesn't say instant anymore. Then I won't rage so much when I'm interrupted.

Don't look down

Niddhog
01.15.2012 , 11:54 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by darrthbt View Post
force wave claims to only affect weak and standard enemies, yet it also affects strong and players.

unload also claims to only affect weak and standard enemies, and it does not affect strong or players.

how about fixing that?
Its called reading comprehension. The tooltip says it ALSO KNOCKS DOWN weak/standard for two seconds. If you force wave on said mob types, after they are pushed back they will remain dazed on the ground for... (gasp) two seconds. Against anything else (save those immune to movement impairing/cc) they will only be knocked back.

But I'll just chime in and say I can't count the # of times I got in a "push back war" in pvp to lose miserably I'll hit Force wave, delay, get thrown off bridge/catwalk, then see the animation finish in the pit/*******k nowhere!

Project also suffers horribly for this. You can queue up project (another supposed instant) and have the person heal/vanish/range you and nothing will happen.

For Force wave? just nix the jumping part of animation. Have the character model throw their arms out wide along with the yellow force ripples... BOOM instant knockback with an animation that matches. For project... idk just make the damage instant, and just live with animation lagging behind it?