Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Vokk on Hardmode is seriously ****ed up...

Kryptaz
01.11.2012 , 08:08 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Blev View Post
Ironfist is not difficult, you just have to be able to coordinate interrupts on his Aim shot which your average PUG has problems doing.
Yes that and the fact melee dps can't attack him when shield is up, as it will knock over the one with most aggro (=tank).

Manv
01.11.2012 , 08:10 AM | #22
It would be easy if we had addons, we could concentrate on watching the floor without having to eyeball action bars all the time. Sigh.

Generally that fight isn't very hard though, especially for melee, most problems can be solved by moving all the time and dancing around him. If I do that (usually cba but I sometimes did) I always get enough time to move out.

JaspahX
01.11.2012 , 08:17 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Manv View Post
It would be easy if we had addons, we could concentrate on watching the floor without having to eyeball action bars all the time. Sigh.
...what?
Major Jaspah Wel
Republic Gunnery Commando, level 50
<Redux>

Aestel
01.11.2012 , 08:47 AM | #24
From what my group has noticed doing this is if you try to get as far away as possible it will often still hit you this seems to be to do with the server not updating your position while you are still running. Instead what we do for this is simply run out of the red circle and then stop running once we are out of it, this then stops it hitting you.

flowqz
01.11.2012 , 09:31 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by JaspahX View Post
...what?
he wants an addon that tracks cds, monitors your dots and maybe puts a warning out if the boss reaches xx%hp

Goats
01.11.2012 , 11:03 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by flowqz View Post
he wants an addon that tracks cds, monitors your dots and maybe puts a warning out if the boss reaches xx%hp
WTB DBM or BigWigs

Mantang
01.11.2012 , 11:12 AM | #27
I just did this last night for the first time. Took us probably 10 tries and as a tank I noticed I was far overestimating the range of the lightning. Each try I moved less and less until the last try when I barely moved more than a step or two beyond the purple. I have to say the dps and heals did great in avoiding the lightning (about 8 tries in they started getting sloppy so we had to do a 5 min break to refresh our brains).

My point is that the reason we were losing was because we were losing time for dps in our strategy because 1. spent too much time trying to find a wall to position ourselves against to avoid knockback and 2. moving too much to avoid the lightning. After giving up on positioning and minimizing movement we were fine.

pandasteaks
02.02.2012 , 07:39 AM | #28
i have heard the floor is bugged and it would seem it is cause even if i move out of the circle immediatly there is a 50/50 chance i still get struck by the lightning. i have heard the solution to this is jumping out of it by another post on the forums. has anyone else found this to be the fix?