Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Vokk on Hardmode is seriously ****ed up...

Ganrax
01.11.2012 , 02:54 AM | #11
I had to change my approach to this fight because no matter how far I ran out of the circle before the lightning hits I still got hit by the damage as long as I was standing still at the moment the circle actually lands on me, not the lightning. The mechanic is very confusing, you can be 30m away from the aoe when it actually goes off and still get hit by it if you were standing still at the time of the circle going down but if you were already on the move when the purple circle landed you can literally stand right in the middle of it and take no damage when the lightning goes off. The way my groups and I have been completing this is if there are no purple circles on the ground everyone in the group keeps moving, if you see purple circles then it is ok to stand still and cast. It makes it an extremely annoying fight for healers and dps that need to cast abilities(gunslingers suck so bad on this fight since you can maybe be behind cover for 5 seconds before you have to run again), but it is still doable.

Falkelord
01.11.2012 , 03:04 AM | #12
Yeah man who knew with a name like hardmode it would be hard man this game needs to be easier like WoW or Rift that's it I'm unsubbing that'll teach Bioware
http://mrlizard.com/rants/why-havent...ixed-this-bug/

Quote: Originally Posted by battlebug
can you make sword in box light sword so sword come out when opened? then if sword is back after sword, use light saber on box, and saber will be boxed after sword is out.

larinoar
01.11.2012 , 03:15 AM | #13
Did him yesterday with fresh 50s, me as the healer with a lot of crap gear, just 1 relic, no consumables used etc. pp.

I can confirm, that sometimes the lightning hits you, although you dont stand in the circle.

Its tough with crap gear, but doable and NOT buggy.
Got him down at the time he enraged. Not that bad with level equipment i think
EU General Beta Tester

Jadeneye
01.11.2012 , 05:23 AM | #14
The only thing that ever screwed my teammates was the lightsaber throw hitting 1 person twice in a row. Mind you, most people who die from 2 saber throws in a row are not in great gear. But the purple circle is just a reactionspeed check.

Sath_Wishes
01.11.2012 , 06:01 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Sirson View Post
This fight is terribly tuned. Please take off the enrage timer, does every boss in the game need an enrage timer? Is this a fun mechanic to anyone?
Yes, please take off the enrage timer and take away everything that's a little challenging ... or just make him a chest, we can loot and we all get along.

JaspahX
01.11.2012 , 06:06 AM | #16
The lightning is buggy sometimes-- it will sometimes strike IMMEDIATELY after the purple circle appears on the ground.

You might not notice this as other classes, but at least for Commandos I've noticed that you really need to move between channeling abilities or you will get hit.

But if you do that, it becomes extremely trivial to survive. Everyone I've run through with The Esseles has noticed this.
Major Jaspah Wel
Republic Gunnery Commando, level 50
<Redux>

ZudetGambeous
01.11.2012 , 07:24 AM | #17
This was one of the most trivial HM fights in the game... get better?
I tell you this: though neither he nor they yet know it, he is the greatest of all the Jedi. Jacen Solo is the living Jedi dream. Even without the Force, he is more dangerous than you can possibly imagine."

Blev
01.11.2012 , 07:32 AM | #18
If you guys are having problems with the Enrage timer, have your tank put on DPS gear. The damage to the tank is completely laughable, the only serious damage your tank will take is from the Force Choke (which can be completely broken by the PvP remove Stun/Snare ability and do no damage) and saber throw when the tank gets knocked back.
Blev - Jedi Guardian | Caladium - Sith Sorcerer | Ranwyn - Commando
Sarinn - Scoundrel | Serwyn - Jedi Sentinel | Varlene - Jedi Shadow

PhoenixMatrix
01.11.2012 , 07:50 AM | #19
How do you get to Vokk and then feel he's overtuned? Ironfist is harder than anything outside of The Battle for Ilum and Directive 7 (I didn't try either yet, but I'm being told some stuff in there is rough).

Vokk may as well be a normal enemy if you have gears to beat Ironfist.

Blev
01.11.2012 , 08:00 AM | #20
Ironfist is not difficult, you just have to be able to coordinate interrupts on his Aim shot which your average PUG has problems doing.
Blev - Jedi Guardian | Caladium - Sith Sorcerer | Ranwyn - Commando
Sarinn - Scoundrel | Serwyn - Jedi Sentinel | Varlene - Jedi Shadow