Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Vokk on Hardmode is seriously ****ed up...

01.10.2012 , 10:01 PM | #1
You have less than a second to react and get out of the circle before he 1 shots you.

Bioware either needs to increase the cast time or put the actual size of the target radius.

01.10.2012 , 10:05 PM | #2
Good to hear that it's not too easy.

Cuz if everything is easy you complain
And if everything is hard you still complain

Dont play Hardmode if your not a Hard(mode)core player, it's made for them, not for the : **** i quit after i got 1 shotted because i failed, people.

01.11.2012 , 12:34 AM | #3
I've never seemed to have a problem with it.

*I'm more annoyed at the fact that I get zero social and light side points for doing hardmode Esseles. Or that he won't stop dropping Consular bracers....*

01.11.2012 , 12:37 AM | #4
Moving out of the purple circle is not hard. You have enough time to move. There is literally nothing else to watch for in that fight. Position your camera so you can see the floor and when you see it, stop what you're doing and RUN.

01.11.2012 , 01:11 AM | #5
You have more than enough time to move. We've never had any problems with him even when we were first starting out in quest blues/daily gear.
Sakarai - 50 Jedi Sentinel
Canderous Ordo

01.11.2012 , 01:17 AM | #6
I agree that this was a problem however you can work around it.

Even if I move straight away and on my screen was well outside I could get hit by lightning (said I had 45ms latency). During some occation tried the opposit. Stand outside one that spawned and then run in and stand in it when the lightning comes. Those times I didnt take damage at all even if the lightning hit my head. I think that ability does not at all use your position when the lightning hits but a good time earlier.

However I was the healer and by constantly being on the move when it felt close to a new one and just stand still when I saw where it was made it work for me.
Member of Violent by Design!

01.11.2012 , 01:25 AM | #7
You do have more than a second to move out of the circle. Atleast that's what i've experienced on this boss fight.

Also I've experienced if the circle spawns on you meanwhile casting a spell or start casting a spell - even though you do move out of the rings by a couple of meters it still hits you (this may be a bug or due to latency - I've got not clue).

Anyhow the boss is doable, and it's really not that difficult tbh, there are far worse encounters. So just give it some tries and you'll down him.

01.11.2012 , 01:51 AM | #8
I think this boss is bugged but I'm not certain. If he enrages and then you wipe, when you return the purple AoE circles seem to do more damage (at least from my experience, where they've turned from doing 6-8k damage into a one-shot).

01.11.2012 , 02:35 AM | #9
This fight is terribly tuned. Please take off the enrage timer, does every boss in the game need an enrage timer? Is this a fun mechanic to anyone?

01.11.2012 , 02:46 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Sirson View Post
This fight is terribly tuned. Please take off the enrage timer, does every boss in the game need an enrage timer? Is this a fun mechanic to anyone?
Tell your DPS to push their buttons harder? We were beating the enrage timer as fresh 50s on this boss (honestly had a harder time on Ironfist in regards to Enrage).
Sakarai - 50 Jedi Sentinel
Canderous Ordo