Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Are they going to be adding new servers every day for early access?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > New Player Help
Are they going to be adding new servers every day for early access?

Foofer
12.13.2011 , 07:56 AM | #1
I am surely not going to get in first day for early access. I'm hoping that everything goes smooth for people on day one, so I can get in on day two or three, but I am a little concerned about getting the name I want. This won't be so much of a problem if they continue adding servers on a daily basis. That way I can just join a new server when it goes live. So, I'm curious if that is how they are doing it.

Erevan_Kindelar
12.13.2011 , 08:01 AM | #2
As far as I know, the servers we have now are the servers we will have at launch, but I will reserve the right to do a Politician's about-face and deny I ever said such a ridiculous thing if there are additional servers coming online in the next few days

TheBeav
12.13.2011 , 08:01 AM | #3
I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that they are.

Sigmaringen
12.13.2011 , 08:20 AM | #4
I don't know if they are adding servers everyday, but they have confirmed there are more coming during early access.
The Solair Legacy - Holocron -
Nivaya 55 Shadow / Lantia 35 Sentinel / Kela'selai 30 Vanguard
Savira 55 Sorceror / Aedri 55 Powertech / Saeka 52 Sniper / Cournai 51 Juggernaut

Zebede
12.13.2011 , 08:21 AM | #5
They will add more when they need them, there is an official post somewhere.
I really need to start wearing glasses.

StephenReid
12.13.2011 , 08:24 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Foofer View Post
I am surely not going to get in first day for early access. I'm hoping that everything goes smooth for people on day one, so I can get in on day two or three, but I am a little concerned about getting the name I want. This won't be so much of a problem if they continue adding servers on a daily basis. That way I can just join a new server when it goes live. So, I'm curious if that is how they are doing it.
We'll be adding new servers throughout Early Game Access as we look at the demand and player numbers.

Our aim, long-term, is to keep our servers well populated and to maintain a good mix of server types.

ebunts
12.13.2011 , 08:24 AM | #7
They will be added as needed. I suspect by launch on the 20th they intend to add more servers. But for now, they will add as servers as needed.

Dasffion
12.13.2011 , 08:32 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by StephenReid View Post
We'll be adding new servers throughout Early Game Access as we look at the demand and player numbers.

Our aim, long-term, is to keep our servers well populated and to maintain a good mix of server types.
SR will there ever be Central servers? I was surprised and disappointed that there weren't any when I logged on this morning. If there will be I might just wait until they're up.

malvok
12.13.2011 , 08:39 AM | #9
New servers are great but some servers are "Full" already. Those people playing there are not likely to just move on to another server.

I'm concerned that the server my guild was assigned to will be full and we'll have to sit in a 12 hour queue like in beta.

Unlike the general playing public, we don't really have the luxury of picking whatever server we want.

I wish those of us in a pre-order guild were allowed in before the servers fill up.
Vasht - Imperial Sniper
Selkesh - Sith inquisitor

Tarro Blood Server

beatonthis
12.13.2011 , 10:12 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by malvok View Post
New servers are great but some servers are "Full" already. Those people playing there are not likely to just move on to another server.

I'm concerned that the server my guild was assigned to will be full and we'll have to sit in a 12 hour queue like in beta.

Unlike the general playing public, we don't really have the luxury of picking whatever server we want.

I wish those of us in a pre-order guild were allowed in before the servers fill up.

this ^