Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Involuntarily flagged for PvP as a 32 by a 50 on a PvE server.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Involuntarily flagged for PvP as a 32 by a 50 on a PvE server.

VorpalK
01.27.2012 , 11:03 PM | #621
Quote: Originally Posted by Phoenix_Bird View Post
WoOT! A quick Patch going in tonight! Maybe, just maybe???
I hope, I hope, I hope!!!!! *crosses fingers and toes* Please, Please please
to the SWTOR GODS!
While that would be awesome, I don't think it's going to be the case. I think they were still discussing the fixes when we were told that this would be fixed. In the mean time, it has been confirmed that exploiting this is reportable as harassment.
CE Preorder VIP
PvE players on PVE servers should NEVER be forced into PvP through the actions of greifers. http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=159167

Korizan
01.27.2012 , 11:14 PM | #622
ALL PVE servers should have the Flag disabled and the only way to enable it is by excepting a duel or having another player except your request for a duel.

Or enter a PvP area where it gets enabled by default.
Funny how you get a big warning and you even have time to leave before getting flagged.

But not with this exploit.

Kelbun
01.27.2012 , 11:30 PM | #623
Real simple answer is to have a "Never flag for PVP" option. This however should prohibit you going into PvP areas while on.

VarnieTsk
01.28.2012 , 12:52 AM | #624
Quote: Originally Posted by Kelbun View Post
Real simple answer is to have a "Never flag for PVP" option. This however should prohibit you going into PvP areas while on.
That would work for me. I have no desire to enter a PvP area. I'd rather chew glass.

Frostbird
01.30.2012 , 09:57 PM | #625
Quote: Originally Posted by VarnieTsk View Post
That would work for me. I have no desire to enter a PvP area. I'd rather chew glass.
I love PvP. I play on a PvE server.

Why?

Because ganking is not PvP. And this goes beyond the usual "let's jump the lowbie and teabag him for a while" - this is a deliberate bypass of intended systems to force someone into PvE against their will.
In fact, your life does flash in front of your eyes before death.
The process is known as "living".

Tewbacco
01.31.2012 , 03:31 PM | #626
Quote: Originally Posted by Enako View Post
so then,

because it has happened so in wow, it has to happen like that here too ?

are you aware that, this is NOT wow ? and wow is not 'the' game that everyone should be subservient to ?

again,

this is NOT wow, and things do not need to happen how they happen in wow.

why should i give a crap about how things were in wow ?

and, take your 'whining' termage back to wow pvp forums. this is not wow. and such wordage is not well received here. you may get reported.
I wish I could tell you, just how very many BW lunch meetings, the topic of "Well WoW did ~this~ so we should too." came up in.

The ugly truth is, this game was designed from the ground up to be a cash cow for EA much like WoW is for Acti-Bliz.

It's apparent that they are similar games, with the considerable difference of Customer Service Support *which is inexplicably terrible in SW:TOR*.

With that said, I agree fully that PVP should be left right out on a PVE server. Other than Warzones, and the like. In my opinion, in no game, should a PVE server EVER have an auto-flagging zone. Period. I appreciate that waters down the "We're in the middle of a war." atmosphere in the game, but I'm not paying $15 a month to feel like I'm in a war. I'm paying, and playing, to relax at the end of a stressful day at work, or because I simply need a break. I'm doing so because I want to play a game where I can mindlessly do my own thing for a few hours without having to worry about the wife, or kids, or pets, or anything else in the world.

PVP'ers aren't bad people, I'm not saying that at all. Even I enjoy some periodically. However, balancing the PVP/PVE aspect in WoW brought about Reslience. A stat that was great for the PVP'ers but to everyone else was a message of "Congrats, now you'll never win another gank or be a realistic opponent in a Battleground." It was this stat that drove me to eventually cancelling my account. I don't have the time to spend grinding said gear, nor the inclination. However, if something isn't done, SWTOR will more than likely end up taking the same path.

I hope certain developers will see my post, and think about what I'm saying. Perhaps discuss this issue instead of what WoW did at the next meeting.

Orici
01.31.2012 , 03:36 PM | #627
lol! some Republic players tried to do this to me on Hoth the other day. I was in a cave, and noticed them. As i sent Khem in to attack (im a heal specced sorc) the knight started running around the npc (i think he was waiting for an aoe). I simply put Khem on passive, and healed him why the NPC took shots at him with his blaster. 5 seconds later they went away
If your soldiers fear you, they'll fight for you. If they love you, they'll die for you.
█╬╬╬╬╬╬█|{▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓)

Chessack
01.31.2012 , 04:37 PM | #628
True story, happened to me on Ord Mantell two days ago.

I was playing my level 32 Sentinel. Obviously she is way over level for the zone. But earlier in week my guild had run a "datacron hunt" and on a lower level alt, I had found all the datacrons on OM with them. So I went back with my Jedi to get the datacrons as well -- why not since I knew where they all were, right?

So here I was on OM, and I saw a guy who was PVP flagged at level 7. I noticed him and wondered why he was PVP flagged as a level 7 on a planet where the other faction can't even go... but I shrugged it off and went out looking for datacrons.

About 10 minutes later I see the poor little PVP nooblet out in the world... getting his undercarriage handed to him. He apparently accidentally aggroed an elite and a couple of strongs all at once, and they were pretty well pounding him.

Now under normal circumstances I'd have gone in there and helped him... a quick Jedi Leap and AOE would have doomed those level 8 mobs from a 32 Sentinel. I could probably have saved his life. BUT... Would the AOE have damaged him? He's the same faction so probably not, but he's flagged. What if...? Well I hesitated, not sure what to do, not wanting to be flagged. And so he died.

Then I considered rezzing him... but again, he's flagged. I wasn't sure but I thought it would flag me. So I didn't rez him... didn't help him. I just left him there to die, and left him dead, and moved on.

This is the kind of behavior Bioware's involuntary flagging mechanics encourages in people who don't want to PVP. They've turned me from a good Samaritan sort into a "mind your own business and keep your head down" sort.

This is not what I want from an MMO... which is why I play on a PVE server. So... I am glad they are looking into this, but they also need to CHANGE it. Take the doubt away so I can go back to helping people.
Back in the game after playing a long time ago, in a year far, far away...

ConnorSalak
02.10.2012 , 06:42 PM | #629
Someone got me as well, AOE and boom... Unfortunately it seems that I can't turn of the flag???? Waiting an hour in a cantina after typing /pvp (like mentioned in the help) should've done the trick I guess???

Kourage
02.10.2012 , 07:02 PM | #630
Quote: Originally Posted by ConnorSalak View Post
Someone got me as well, AOE and boom... Unfortunately it seems that I can't turn of the flag???? Waiting an hour in a cantina after typing /pvp (like mentioned in the help) should've done the trick I guess???
Nope you just manually flagged yourself and must retype /pvp and look for the correct message.
Looking for a good woman. Able to clean, cook, sew, catch bait, and clean fish. Must have boat and motor.
((Please send picture of boat and motor))