Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Involuntarily flagged for PvP as a 32 by a 50 on a PvE server.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Involuntarily flagged for PvP as a 32 by a 50 on a PvE server.

Cyndelx
01.26.2012 , 03:56 PM | #511
Quote: Originally Posted by NetFu View Post
Unless you're saying AOE shouldn't flag you if it hits another player on a PVE server? I don't specifically remember testing it in WoW, but I believe AOE will flag you for PVP in the same situation as the OP is describing.
No it didn't. You remember incorrect. It may have when the game came out but it got fixed.

racsofp
01.26.2012 , 03:57 PM | #512
Quote: Originally Posted by iceninenine View Post
I would really like to know who the lvl 50 is so I can congratulate him on a job well done. Pro!

I love stories like this, just so damn pro.

For the OP...take it like a man (or woman). You drew first blood. If you don't want to get flagged, don't attack members of the opposite faction.
Weak acting, poor writing, no suspense, plot easily figured out within minutes of opening credits.

1/10. Save your money and watch the trolls on the loot roll thread instead. Some of them are pretty good.
* Illegitimate casual gamer scum
* Those who can, do...those who can't, call everyone else baddies and demand crutches
Quote: Originally Posted by Brasherr View Post
I can't figure out rotations, or spells to use/not use because there is no target dummy, and there is no Recount.

fixit
01.26.2012 , 04:05 PM | #513
I would really like to know who the lvl 50 is so I can congratulate him on a job well done. Pro!

For the OP...take it like a man (or woman). You drew first blood. If you don't want to get flagged, don't attack members of the opposite faction.
Post after post points out the problem yet people still don't get it (nor read for that matter).

I stealth as an Agent, I flag myself, then I waltz into a unflagged players AoE: bam they are flagged and now attackable. In no way, shape or form did that player actually attack me. I simply get hit by their AoEs and they are now open season.

This works for AoE heals as well: player that is flagged runs by me right as I cast an AoE heal, it will hit that player and flag me. There is NO choice in the matter.

I am fine with having to target a dude to get flagged but not when I don't do nuthin to them or vice versa.

People need to read first, then comment. This is an oversight in the flagging system and needs to be addressed asap. PvE servers are about consensual PvP which is currently not the case.

Yet again, you take WoW where I can AoE all I want on top of a flagged player and it will never touch them unless a) I manually flag or b) actually target and hit them. Rift went one step further with an option to never hit or heal flagged players ever.

VarnieTsk
01.26.2012 , 04:09 PM | #514
Quote: Originally Posted by AugustusD View Post
Read the whole thing and play on a PvE server. I like these options. I love the option to PVP and would be pissed if whining got it taken away. Also he was in the imperial side... People may try to kill you there. It's suprising he wasn't flagged for PVP when we went by the imperial side.
Yup, I'm still here. So...because you like it, everyone else should have to alter their playstyle to avoid griefers stealthing into their aoes?

Let me rephrase the deleted post. Please read the entire thread. We're not asking for them to remove pvp from pve servers altogether. At least not everyone is. We want the ability to avoid being auto flagged by someone against our wishes.

VarnieTsk
01.26.2012 , 04:10 PM | #515
Quote: Originally Posted by Saurakk View Post
Someone is reading it through. I received an unofficial warning for using inappropriate language on this thread particularly....but no official response to the topic sadly.
Yes, I got one as well. So somebody has to be aware.

fixit
01.26.2012 , 04:14 PM | #516
Quote: Originally Posted by VarnieTsk View Post
Yes, I got one as well. So somebody has to be aware.
Erm, no. Mods here seem to just respond to /report and clean stuff up. I severly doubt any of this feedback is read by actual devs. They certainly never reply to issues like this, that's for sure.

Chessack
01.26.2012 , 04:21 PM | #517
And that is a real problem... the lack of response on this issue.

I mean, where is the sense of proportion? They responded to an issue of people accidentally needing when they mean to greed an object and then being bound to it and unable to trade it to another party member. And while I have no problem with them trying to fix it so people can't make a mistake like that, such a mistake has VERY little impact on the actual game-play.

Meanwhile, allowing PVE players on PVE servers to be tricked into open world PVP rates no response at all?

This is a VERY serious issue that could result in my entire guild leaving the game eventually, since none of us really like to PVP and we all hate open world PVP. Making it so that I *have* to participate in it is a game-breaker. And I'm not alone... dozens of people on this thread said the same. Yet there is not one dev response to this, not one, in all the hundreds of posts here?

Really BW needs to end the radio silence on this issue, and say something.

VarnieTsk
01.26.2012 , 04:23 PM | #518

Thanks for the bump. Troll all you like. It doesn't change the issue and won't stop anyone from trying to get this changed. Or maybe your goal is to try and get the thread closed so the issue won't be getting so much attention.

Getting pleasure from someone else's discomfort, and in some cases actual hurt, is just plain sad and doesn't make you look like a "kewl dood." It just makes you look sad.

Our right to play the way we like on the server that is designated as supporting that playstyle, supercedes your right to interfere with our playtime. If Bioware decides that you should be able to do that, you'll soon find yourself without anyone left to do it to.

Anvil
01.26.2012 , 04:23 PM | #519
If your a PvE player with no interest whatsoever in PvP and your PvE quest line takes you into a PvE area then quite simply the mechanics of the game should give you an option to lock yourself as PvE and NOT ever be flagged for PvP.

They can do it in Rift and it works fine, there is no reason why PvE players who are forced to quest in mixed PvE/PvP area's should be tricked into getting flagged for PvP. The mechanic that allows this is just bad coding and it's lazy. If the story arc forces PvE players into shared zones then the game mechanic should give you an option to preserve your PvE status. No If's buts or maybe's about it. PvE players should not have to concern themselves about PvP stuff on a PvE server while pursuing a PvE quest.

Get your act together Bioware, if Trion can manage it why can't you?

HanoverFist
01.26.2012 , 04:27 PM | #520
Quote: Originally Posted by Chessack View Post
Really BW needs to end the radio silence on this issue, and say something.

Anything , a yay, a nay, a kiss our wallet. Just say something Bioware please.