Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Involuntarily flagged for PvP as a 32 by a 50 on a PvE server.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Involuntarily flagged for PvP as a 32 by a 50 on a PvE server.

daemian's Avatar


daemian
01.26.2012 , 03:42 PM | #501
Quote: Originally Posted by Ultrasroma View Post
You said yourself you like to see open World PvP on a PVE server.

If you are playing on a PvP server, why should you care? If you are playing on a PvE server and want Open World PvP, plenty of PvP servers to choose from. No need to stay on a PvE one.
Read my post above.

The server(s) I play on have no bearing on my support for or against this issue.

Ultrasroma's Avatar


Ultrasroma
01.26.2012 , 03:45 PM | #502
Quote: Originally Posted by daemian View Post
It's simple, really. You see, when you quote my comments out of context and completely ignore the post I was responding to, then it distorts the meaning so that it no longer makes any sense.

Onthe other hand, if you'd been following the conversation, you'd realize that I fully support the OP's position. Consensual PVP on a PVE server is not the problem, it's the mechanic that allows griefing and forcing players into PVP situations when they don't want to.
Just to clarify, when you say Open World PvP, do you mean designated areas where people could PvP? Because that's NOT what Open World PvP means in a MMO.

Open World PvP means all planets and territories are open to PvP, you cannot unflag yourself, and thus you are on perpetual danger of fighting both mobs and enemies. Some people like it for the thrill. Good for them, I play MMOs to relax and am NOT looking for any PvP whatsoever.

So if I misinterpreted you I apologize, but your sentence "I like Open PvP in a PvE server" sounded odd, especially because it contradicted your following sentence about being griefed, which I fully support of course

daemian's Avatar


daemian
01.26.2012 , 03:47 PM | #503
Quote: Originally Posted by Ultrasroma View Post
Just to clarify, when you say Open World PvP, do you mean designated areas where people could PvP? Because that's NOT what Open World PvP means in a MMO.

Open World PvP means all planets and territories are open to PvP, you cannot unflag yourself, and thus you are on perpetual danger of fighting both mobs and enemies. Some people like it for the thrill. Good for them, I play MMOs to relax and am NOT looking for any PvP whatsoever.
Please read my posts, it will make it easier to understand them.

I have no problem with mutually consensual PVP, in all its forms, on any server. And I fully respect your (and my own) right to relax and not have to PVP if you don't want to on a PVE server.

Quote: Originally Posted by Ultrasroma View Post
So if I misinterpreted you I apologize, but your sentence "I like Open PvP in a PvE server" sounded odd, especially because it contradicted your following sentence about being griefed, which I fully support of course
Yeah, it will make more sense if you go back and read it in context of the post I was replying to. It doesn't contradict at all.

Cyndelx's Avatar


Cyndelx
01.26.2012 , 03:50 PM | #504
Quote: Originally Posted by Syrellaris View Post
This is the way it works on pve servers. You used a Area of Effect attack and hit a pvp flagged enemy in the process. It wasn't the mob he attacked, no it was your attack hitting him. He tricked you, sure but in the end it is your fault. Simply should not have used a AOE.
So don't use aoes because someone might step in them? You realize you could just roll a stealth class and stealth into aoes, correct? And that's the aoers fault still?

Quote: Originally Posted by Syrellaris View Post
The way it works on pve servers, in every MMO btw, is that You cannot become a pvp flagged person if you do not set yourself to it. However there are exceptions to that rule.

1) Entering a PvP area, were you become automatically flagged
2) Right clicking your avatar and setting the PvP flag on yourself.
3) Attacking an Enemy player that is PvP flagged.

You fall in catagory 3. Though luck.
On pve servers in most MMOs, if you aoe and a flagged member of the opposite faction walks into the aoe, it does not hit them. Seriously go play wow or rift(though rift would bug out with some spells for a while) try to aoe a flagged person while you are unflagged, nothing will happen. That is why I would laugh when I would see unflagged people trying to unstealth rogues. Even on my rogue I would sit in hunters flares and other aoes and laugh at them, because it did nothing because they weren't flagged.

It is an exploit and should be fixed. I choose to play on pvp servers, those who choose to play on pve servers should not have to deal with douchebags as described in the OP. So please get off your high horse because you obviously have no clue.

iceninenine's Avatar


iceninenine
01.26.2012 , 03:51 PM | #505
I would really like to know who the lvl 50 is so I can congratulate him on a job well done. Pro!

I love stories like this, just so damn pro.

For the OP...take it like a man (or woman). You drew first blood. If you don't want to get flagged, don't attack members of the opposite faction.

racsofp's Avatar


racsofp
01.26.2012 , 03:51 PM | #506
I think the point is, two ducks have a shotgun and they want the chicken's bubblegum...

No..hold on..this isn't how it goes either. 1 second.
* Illegitimate casual gamer scum
* Those who can, do...those who can't, call everyone else baddies and demand crutches
Quote: Originally Posted by Brasherr View Post
I can't figure out rotations, or spells to use/not use because there is no target dummy, and there is no Recount.

daemian's Avatar


daemian
01.26.2012 , 03:52 PM | #507
Quote: Originally Posted by iceninenine View Post
I would really like to know who the lvl 50 is so I can congratulate him on a job well done. Pro!

I love stories like this, just so damn pro.

For the OP...take it like a man (or woman). You drew first blood. If you don't want to get flagged, don't attack members of the opposite faction.
Brilliant. (and by that, I mean not really).

Ultrasroma's Avatar


Ultrasroma
01.26.2012 , 03:53 PM | #508
Quote: Originally Posted by daemian View Post
Please read my posts, it will make it easier to understand them.

I have no problem with mutually consensual PVP, in all its forms, on any server. And I fully respect your (and my own) right to relax and not have to PVP if you don't want to on a PVE server.
Okay there was a misunderstanding then. I agree with consensual PvP, if people enjoy it and you are in a consensual area, why not?

daemian's Avatar


daemian
01.26.2012 , 03:55 PM | #509
Quote: Originally Posted by Ultrasroma View Post
Okay there was a misunderstanding then. I agree with consensual PvP, if people enjoy it and you are in a consensual area, why not?
Good, then we're on the same page.

Ultrasroma's Avatar


Ultrasroma
01.26.2012 , 03:55 PM | #510
Quote: Originally Posted by iceninenine View Post
I would really like to know who the lvl 50 is so I can congratulate him on a job well done. Pro!

I love stories like this, just so damn pro.

For the OP...take it like a man (or woman). You drew first blood. If you don't want to get flagged, don't attack members of the opposite faction.
Two things: Either you are a Troll, well-played then.

Or you are serious. And then you have some issues at comprehending even the simplest concepts.