Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Involuntarily flagged for PvP as a 32 by a 50 on a PvE server.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Involuntarily flagged for PvP as a 32 by a 50 on a PvE server.

Shadpwfox
01.16.2012 , 04:22 PM | #31
Quote: Originally Posted by BrigOrion View Post
This highlights just how little the TOR devs know what they are doing. PvP should not be an option of any kind on the PvE servers. Not even sparring or dueling. PvP should be 100% restricted to the servers dedicated to PvP. PvE players choose a PvE server because they don't want to play with that ganking crap.

More BioWare/EA/Lucasarts fail.
Hate to burst your bubble there buddy but this isn't the first occurrence of a player doing this and sadly it won't be the last.

Players like the 50 mentioned have been doing this for as long as there have been opposing factions in MMOs.

Sevenpatch
01.16.2012 , 04:22 PM | #32
It's nice being on a PvP server actually. I haven't had to deal with anything like this. I just know when I see red, I attack. I know I've been attacked but I expect it.

No tricking. I have yet to see any camping which is strange.

Of course it could be because I'm Imp and we outnumber reps 3:2 on my server.

btw I'm level 50.

My impression is that it seems like more shady stuff goes down on PvE servers. On a PvP server it's straight forward and everyone knows what to expect. This isn't any fun for the jerks in the world, they want to tick people off and the best place to do that is on a PvE server where most people want to play nice.
"I find your lack of faith disturbing" - Darth Vader

Sky_walkerPL
01.16.2012 , 04:23 PM | #33
Quote: Originally Posted by BrigOrion View Post
This highlights just how little the TOR devs know what they are doing. PvP should not be an option of any kind on the PvE servers. Not even sparring or dueling.
What?
Nice, twisted logic, but of all posts in this topic this is certainly the most wrong one.

Being forced to PvP in PvE area might be considered wrong, but no option to PvP on PvE servers? It'd be killer feature for me.
Sky Legacy, Hydian Way
[COLOR="PaleTurquoise"]Proudly contributed to: Color crystals RE guide DH DB. Created: Imp uniforms list.

Die_Scream
01.16.2012 , 04:25 PM | #34
The hit should depend on the caster's flag, not the receiver. The way it works in Rift, CoH, or most any other MMO.

Just another needed fix for Bioware. Derp!

MrSchmo
01.16.2012 , 04:29 PM | #35
Buffing an ally or a group member that is flagged also shouldn't flag you too. Also quite annoying.
That's why they call it space, cause there is so much of it.

Multiple
01.16.2012 , 04:30 PM | #36
Boohoo, you probably lost more time mashing refresh on this thread than you did dying in game.

ferroz
01.16.2012 , 04:30 PM | #37
Quote: Originally Posted by Taurusaud View Post
Just get stronger and learn how to fight and go kill him. Problem solved.
no that doesn't really solve the problem in any way.

racsofp
01.16.2012 , 04:31 PM | #38
Quote: Originally Posted by Sevenpatch View Post
It's nice being on a PvP server actually. I haven't had to deal with anything like this. I just know when I see red, I attack. I know I've been attacked but I expect it.

No tricking. I have yet to see any camping which is strange.

Of course it could be because I'm Imp and we outnumber reps 3:2 on my server.

btw I'm level 50.

My impression is that it seems like more shady stuff goes down on PvE servers. On a PvP server it's straight forward and everyone knows what to expect. This isn't any fun for the jerks in the world, they want to tick people off and the best place to do that is on a PvE server where most people want to play nice.
Same. I'm on a PVP server and while I've been ganked a couple of times, but that was my fault...got caught not paying attention and ended up dead.

Of course, I've done the same thing to other people, too.

Still...it's part of why I chose a PVP server. Always gotta be on your toes. I guess a side benefit of that is I'm never tricked into fighting and don't have to worry about being tricked into fighting.
* Illegitimate casual gamer scum
* Those who can, do...those who can't, call everyone else baddies and demand crutches
Quote: Originally Posted by Brasherr View Post
I can't figure out rotations, or spells to use/not use because there is no target dummy, and there is no Recount.

Achromatis
01.16.2012 , 04:36 PM | #39
Quote: Originally Posted by Nytak View Post
Agreed. The only way to flag yourself for PVP on a PVE server should be by manually selecting a menu option or typing in some kind of /enblepvp or something.

You should also not flag for PVP if you buff someone from your same faction who is flagged.
Yep, someone should probably make a thread about it in CS too. Be prepared to get flamed over it, but just ignore them.
Not Meant to Be a Factual Statement

The plural of anecdote is not data

Die_Scream
01.16.2012 , 04:39 PM | #40
It's very simple. If you are not flagged, you can not heal those that are, nor hurt those that are. They can't hit you. If you AoE it would hit the mobs, but not flagged griefer.

As I said, Rift does this well.