Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Involuntarily flagged for PvP as a 32 by a 50 on a PvE server.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Involuntarily flagged for PvP as a 32 by a 50 on a PvE server.

Knewt
01.16.2012 , 04:08 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Deyjarl View Post
So update here. 2 and a half weeks no response in the game petition. So I added the comment asking what was going on, I don't need to know about actions on another player, just has this been forwarded on.

The ticket doesn't get closed it gets locked, then deleted.
Have you tried posting in the CS forum? You might get someone from BW to notice.
Ray Muzyka: "When you deliver a game, and you deliver it for a player, you have to capture what they think is the possibility space."

Ray, you failed to deliver my possibility space.

Qilz
01.16.2012 , 04:09 PM | #22
Easy fix that should have been in the game from the beginning. Only direct damage to a targetted flagged player should ever turn on your flag. AE's should never allow a non-flagged person to become flagged. This is the oldest trick in the book.

This happens in tons of games, and it's usually fixed later on. I don't understand how a company just can't get it right from the get go.

Knewt
01.16.2012 , 04:10 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by ssinca View Post
I had no idea what had happened.

Level 50 group just flagged me for PvP, a level 40 playing alone. I hadn't seen it before so I didn't realize that I could even turn it off. Did they 'trick' me by me fighting back, or if I had been fast and typed in /PvP would it have turned off before they could kill me?

When I looked it up on the online help, it says that you stay flagged for 5 minutes after switching it off. I healed and typed in /pvp and it says I turned it on, which I don't get, I am flagged, but it isn't on?

I typed it in again to turn the flag 'off' and I guess I have to wait my 5 minutes, after I waste my quick travel to get to a Catina? Is there a quicker way to turn this off?

I think I know one of their names, or close. Should I report them?

Not amused. PvE should be PvE. I have no interest in playing PvP.
The best thing to do is disable the PvP flag, logout and wait 5 minutes.

Yes, you can report them if you want. I'm not sure what Bioware is doing to people who do this.
Ray Muzyka: "When you deliver a game, and you deliver it for a player, you have to capture what they think is the possibility space."

Ray, you failed to deliver my possibility space.

Nytak
01.16.2012 , 04:11 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Blackavaar View Post
Ignore those guys.

The same thing happened to me on Tattoine. I agree it's an exploit that needs to be fixed. Players of the opposing faction should not be able to trick anyone on a PvE server into flagging for PvP involuntarily.

Agreed. The only way to flag yourself for PVP on a PVE server should be by manually selecting a menu option or typing in some kind of /enblepvp or something.

You should also not flag for PVP if you buff someone from your same faction who is flagged.
Decemberite
You work hard so we don't have to

Perram
01.16.2012 , 04:11 PM | #25
This is an exploit and it needs to be fixed. Intentionally abusing this exploit should be grounds for disciplinary action.

PercuroNex
01.16.2012 , 04:12 PM | #26
Rolling on a PVE server to avoid PVP you expect it to "do what it says on the tin" Players shouldn't have to "deal with it".

Jett_Skirata
01.16.2012 , 04:15 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by BrigOrion View Post
This highlights just how little the TOR devs know what they are doing. PvP should not be an option of any kind on the PvE servers. Not even sparring or dueling. PvP should be 100% restricted to the servers dedicated to PvP. PvE players choose a PvE server because they don't want to play with that ganking crap.

More BioWare/EA/Lucasarts fail.
I disagree, I rolled on a PVE server so that when I want to PVE I can PVE, and when I want to PVP I can PVP.
Squadron 3X11
Reckless Fury
If we can't get you Killed, no one can.

Reldun
01.16.2012 , 04:18 PM | #28
Definately an exploit, and one would hope that there would be some form of disciplinary action. I intentionally created my character on a PvE server because I do not want to PvP. If some chucklehead can intentionally flag me through the use of some exploit and attack me, then that is greifing, and they should be punished.

Nytak
01.16.2012 , 04:21 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by BrigOrion View Post
This highlights just how little the TOR devs know what they are doing. PvP should not be an option of any kind on the PvE servers. Not even sparring or dueling. PvP should be 100% restricted to the servers dedicated to PvP. PvE players choose a PvE server because they don't want to play with that ganking crap.

More BioWare/EA/Lucasarts fail.
No, no, no and well... just no.

Like others have said. I rolled on a PVE server so that I can PVP when I want to, not when someone else wants to.
Decemberite
You work hard so we don't have to

HanzoV
01.16.2012 , 04:21 PM | #30
Yeah, this definitely needs to be fixed.

This isn't a case of someone losing a PVP fight; this is a case of people exploiting the PVP flag mechanic to grief other players.
TORtanic indeed. It's just like that movie that was hugely successful and made boatloads of money.
This is an MMO. Whether you play with or see the other players is irrelevant to that fact.