Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Your favourite line of dialogue?(possible spoilers)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore > Spoilers
Your favourite line of dialogue?(possible spoilers)

Gelious
01.14.2012 , 04:23 PM | #21
Sith Warrior to Baras:

"I was never, nor shall I ever be, your slave!"
The tone and the words.. awesome.
"They will not! I command them to know fear! To raise me to my throne! They can not!" - Soa. The Red Eclipse:
Gelious - Sith Marauder; Helimana - Mercenary; Nellios - Operative; Mellas - Sith Assassin; Xatra - Commando.

Bynnar
01.14.2012 , 11:35 PM | #22
Guy on Taris:

"We just gotta take a few scans of the sliding plates so the Republic knows it's safe to rebuild. How hard is that? But no, all the retired soldier, security officers, and bounty hunters in the Republic are no match for readouts on structural damage."

The tone he uses is hilarious, I guess I should see if I can get a vid of it.
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth-Rion View Post
You're words aren't going to keep them going when a vital artery gets severed.

Federnder
01.15.2012 , 12:32 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Tamyn View Post
I just had the most awesome moment in the game last night with my Imperial Agent. She talked the big bad of Chapter 1 into giving up his evil plans of terror and destruction and abandoning his ship and prisoners to her and leaving on a tiny shuttle, asking her to not take revenge on him. It was amazing seeing this powerful character (that my agent's entire team feared) giving in and giving up.

She caught him contradicting himself and called him on it, revealing his own fear. When he started glowing red and threatening her life in earnest, she said:

"Kill me if you must. You've already lost."

He leaves, saying one day he'll be back, and my agent's last line is, "Hurt anyone else, and I'll come looking for you." He replies that never has he known anyone that he hated and respected so much.

My little non-force user talked the enemy into submission. It was so great.
That is... pretty awesome. Had no idea it could go down like that. Makes me wish I'd thought to experiment with the dialog a bit more earlier on in the IA story.

I'm not sure I have a "favorite" line of dialog, especially for the IA where individual lines can be a litte "ho-hum" but the scenes themselves can be pretty awesome. But yeah, pretty much any time you get to do something like Tamyn pulled is great.

Aside from that, some lines do shine through. When told someone in the Imperial Military has been hiding their force sensitivity, the IA (at the Male one) can say:
"Why would you hide it? You could be one of them." A little standard, but it's all in the delivery. The emotion behind it is one that clearly shows the IA knows exactly how the Empire's hierarchy works. You could easily interpret it many ways, especially one towards a certain longing for a different kind of position. For all the hate the Male!IA voice actor seems to get, that one line really stood out.

Another nice point is anytime the Agent changes their accent. Even better, if you're not supposed to be Cipher Nine, the name on the subtitles changes back to your character name, rather than your code name!

The SI, on the other hand, seems to be the reverse so far. They get great single lines, but I've heard that their story is a little band (Only around level 20 myself). But lines like:

"Is that fear I smell?" (One of those repeatable ones)
"Well, first I took a magnet and then a puzzle box..." *The prompt is something like "I had to do a complicated puzzle" when asked about how you got the artifact from the dark temple.*
"Like a rancor with a rash or..." *When told something might be "unpleasant"*

Are just amazing. Really give a certain snarkiness to the SI.

My favorite line though, if I had to choose, may have to be when the SI says, dripping with ironic enthusiasm:
"I LOVE surprises! "

Shadowheart
| Social Community | PvE/PvP/RP | Casual | Events |Recruiting World Wide |
"Some limit themselves, we do not believe in limitations."

kenoten
01.15.2012 , 12:38 AM | #24
"Did you assault the count?"

"I may have negotiated with his face" -BH
You can't have slaughter without laughter.

Conan_K
01.15.2012 , 12:44 AM | #25
"Some elaboration is required" -SW
[]▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀)

DarkestDaemon
01.15.2012 , 12:44 AM | #26
I'm trying to remember lines from my Sith Warrior... but it's been so long.

I kind of remember one, it had me smirking just at the fact it -wasn't- a Dark side choice.

There's an Imperial soldier complaining about this Voss artist in the questline to win them over.

I selected the option [Choke Him] and I think my SW said, extremely calmly while this man is dying:

'You will do whatever you can to help facilitate this man's needs. Is that understood?'

I think it was the casualness of the whole event that makes it stick out to me.

Emospiderman
01.15.2012 , 04:14 AM | #27
I cant remember the exact name of the quest, but it was done as a warrior on Dromund Kaas where you're sent to kill the renegade sith lord's son. If you choose the option to save him and kill the sith lord, and flirt up his mom to the point she's willing to sleep with you, Vette says something to the effect of "Any Spaceport in a storm, huh?". Win.

Basically, Vette's dialogue is all that is awesome.

Chanez
01.16.2012 , 01:26 PM | #28
My sith warrior has a catch phrase.

There wont be a heart left beating![/

Phyreblade
01.17.2012 , 03:41 PM | #29
My Bounty Hunter confronts a Jedi she's been sent to kill. He waves his hand to force persuade her into surrendering herself, saying, "You will surrender yourself". She looks over at Mako, shrugs, and then waves her hand at the Jedi in return, saying, "And you will realize what a complete idiot you are."

Don't know what was more epic, the line, or the shock and dismayed cry from the Jedi's padawan, who must've never seen the Jedi's force persuade fail so spectacularly.
"Why can't things be easy? Just once!"
-- Gaibriel Duncan, Sawbones Scoundrel
Phyreblade, Co-Leader Covenant of the Phoenix

RavensDaemon
01.19.2012 , 02:01 AM | #30
IA

"I'll be stained with blood from head to toe."

"I could use a break from the tough jobs."

Both of those are repeatable, but I still love hearing them.