The Jedi Knight Romance and Romance Possibilities Thread

ChaosGithzerai

Post deleted. I was just ranting when I originally made it, but avoiding him like I am should work, hopefully.

Edit, edit: Changed the title, formerly called 'Needing Tips On Avoiding the Doc romance'. This ended up turning into a general romance discussion for female Jedi Knights focusing mainly on comparing different opinions about Doc (love him, hate him, come on over and share your opinion, but please be civil!) and mainly discussion of the possibilities of Lord Scourge and Lord Praven as alternate romance options. If anybody else has any other suggestions for possible romance options, feel free to add to the discussion, but please be civil to others. ^_^

Er... the title's still the old one? What the heck? *confused blink* I don't post on forums often, so I'm still trying to sort things out. Does it take a while for the new title to replace the old one? *sweatdrop*

Edited by ChaosGithzerai
Thread was in desperate need of a new title.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I loved the post because you sounded really engaged with the characters in the game. As some one who leveled quickly and made choices by choosing whatever gave me the dark side points (and flirted because, hey why not?) I found that endearing and it made me think about the characters I met on my journey.

I think you're spot on with what you said, Doc is a womanizer without the charm and charisma of Han Solo, which is unfortunate. Even as a male he kind of comes on to me, which is a little weird. Praven was a great character, I was surprised I forgot about him.

Thinking back, another character I respected was Watcher One. There's something intruiging about powerful, morally ambiguous characters who still follow a code of ethics like Watcher and Praven, I think it makes them seem redeemable, not simply wicked.

Now I feel bad for deleting it since it was starting to bother me, then again, I always end up feeling ill when I post on a forum that I haven't really posted on before. It comes from me being a writer in my spare time (fanfiction, nothing original) so I always end up paying special attention to characters I end up interacting with in games like this, and BioWare is known for making some of the most engaging (and some of the most obnoxious) characters in any RPGs I've ever played.

Indeed, I honestly went into my class quests on Balmorra hoping to give Doc a chance, because he does all he can to help people, which is the only thing he has in common with my Jedi, but when his opening line was hitting on her; I felt an instant hatred for him that I've never felt for any other character, romance option or not, that BioWare's ever made, Carth from KOTOR coming close because his whiny attitude drove me bonkers. Had Doc's determination to help people been more emphasized on than him wanting to hit on everything he finds attractive, I'd actually like him and find him okay, and I'm honestly sad that it didn't turn out this way. Maybe he changes later on, I don't know, but I just can't force myself to gain affection with him because I'm extremely wary of trapping my character in an unwanted romance with him. To be honest, if I were only given an alternate option out of my companions, I'd choose to romance Scourge over Doc. I actually like Scourge and find his character to be quite intriguing, and I don't care that he's not exactly good looking, since I always look at character over physical appearance, and with my Jedi being a Miraluka, physical appearances aren't really a concern to her.

Though I don't play on an RP server, I put myself into my character's shoes, and with being cloistered away from society that's so different from the ways of the Jedi, my sentinel honestly felt very uncomfortable when Doc immediately hit on her, and she hates him now because of his attitude and only grudgingly allowed him to be part of her crew because she was forced to by the Jedi (who's name I forget) she worked with on Balmorra. Hell, Doc's the only character she's ever mean to since she's normally calm and gentle.

Every time Doc opens his mouth, he either says something that makes me want to reach through the screen and strangle him or he hits on my Jedi. It's really annoying and I'm taking great pains to avoid getting affection with him because of it, and the first quest to talk to him made me wish that the option to kill off companions was still available to us because the way he insulted Kira and T7 then went about making petty demands really, really pissed me off and I absolutely hate that I'm stuck with him on my ship and can't do a thing about it. Doc being the only romance option for female Jedi Knights makes me feel cheated, to be honest, and I don't appreciate it. Whoever wrote Doc's character did a very, very poor job of it. It's honestly very frustrating for me because I feel that I'm in the minority here because I'd prefer to romance a character like Praven over a character like Doc, because I prefer a man who's honorable and treats my character like a person over one who only seems to like her because he thinks she's beautiful. To me, that's very shallow and it isn't love, it's lust. Beauty is more than just being skin deep, after all.

BioWare's done some pretty engaging romances, and I always enjoy doing them since I have a choice to or not and depending on if any of the available options suit my character or not. What I don't appreciate is a romance option I don't want being thrown in my face, which is exactly how I felt when Doc first opened his mouth and when flirt options kept coming up, it honestly made me very angry. This also happened concerning Jacob in Mass Effect 2, but I was able to stand him and find him to be an okay character because he didn't constantly hit on my Shepard.

Above rant aside, I'm honestly glad I'm not alone in liking Praven's character, and I've gone into this more in the thread I made about him. I forgot about Watcher One, but sadly, he ended up committing suicide on me and I didn't think to back out and redo it. x_x I agree completely, and characters like them would make excellent companions, but since there's a choice to spare or kill them, I sadly don't see this happening anytime soon unless BioWare comes out and surprises us.

I know I said this in my old post, but I honestly wish there was a suggestion forum, I have so much to say on this and other things, but feel odd posting about this here in the Jedi Knight forum, because it doesn't feel right nor did having so many different subjects cobbled together in one post originally about only one thing feel right, either, but I digress.

BioWare's done some pretty engaging romances, and I always enjoy doing them since I have a choice to or not and depending on if any of the available options suit my character or not. What I don't appreciate is a romance option I don't want being thrown in my face

You know, that last bit is something that never occured to me, but actually seems really interesting - I might just level a femal JK now just to see how that pans out for me. I can see how it would be aggravating though, especially since you don't have any option to get rid of companions. If you're really into your character (and it sounds like you are) I can see that being fairly stressful, and not just in a fun "how would I react to this" kind of way.

I dunno where I'm going with this, but it made me think so I figured I'd share.

Apologies for resurrecting a 4 day old thread, especially after watching the speed at which threads are posted in here but I wanted to wait until I experienced Doc for myself before posting on this particular subject. I hit level 41 earlier and my reaction to Doc is such that I, as a long time lurker, wanted to get my opinion out there.

I completely agree with ChaosGithzerai, I went to meet Doc expecting to have a fun and flirty companion and I was so disappointed. He seems so shallow and now I dread gaining any more affection from him and being cornered into either flirting or being a total jerk. I've never disliked a companion so much and I'm so disappointed that Lord Scourge or Praven can't be an alternative option for fem JKs.

That's my piece said :)

Though male, I've heard Doc beg me to go clubbing and brag about how many ladies we'll have when we're famous enough to know he's a womanizer. Or at least a wannabe womanizer.

I think it's open to debate whether Doc ever actually gets the women. Is he Sam from Cheers? My interpretation for him was more desperate. He's the dork who helps people and can't stop THINKING about women, so he tries to pass himself off as suave.

Personally, I think he's a Jerk With a Heart of Gold:

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/JerkWithAHeartOfGold

This will appeal to some and not others even if they agree with my interpretation.

Wow, this thread's reached two pages?! O_o

Apologies for such a late responce, but I'm happy to see those on both side of the fence about this making civil posts and not trolling or flaming each other, thank you everyone. Even though I hate the guy, I'm honestly enjoying reading about peoples' different opinions about Doc, and for those who are happy with him being the only romance option: more power to you, I'm happy to know that you have what you want, and I'm not just saying that. To those who bothered to raise Doc's affection and finish all his quests (preferably female Jedi Knight players who DIDN'T flirt with him), does he change and become better? Or is my poor Miraluka forever doomed to have to continue saying no to a brick wall that won't get a clue that she just doesn't like him that way? I honestly want her and Doc to reconcile and become friends, but with the way his character currently is, I'm afraid my sentinel isn't going to lift the verbal restraining order she's slapped on him anytime soon.

I've seen videos of Doc's quests and romance on YouTube, and I didn't like what I saw. Some parts amused me, sure, but I was facepalming more than laughing. I honestly feel that the romance is way too rushed, but that's just me, and I honestly feel that he doesn't suit a Jedi at all. Again, that's how I feel, and I apologize if my words offend anyone who really likes him, that isn't my intent at all. Maybe there's a lot more to Doc's character that I'm missing because I'm so uneasy around him, but unless I know for sure that it's safe to try and find out, then he'll be forever confined to the basement infirmary since, right now, my Jedi doesn't trust him because of how he treated her on Balmorra.

I am very invested in my sentinel since I had her planned out back before the game came out, and I've enjoyed all of the story save for the Balmorra phase. I recently finished Act Two, and I ended up liking Scourge way more than I originally thought I would to the point where if any thread about making him a romance comes up, that I'll be backing the OP one hundred percent. I absolutely adore his voice, whoever the VA is did a very good job. And having read Revan, I just find Scourge's character all the more engaging and compelling, and I'm enjoying that it seems like he and my Miraluka are starting to get along even though she's light sided (but not to the Lawful Stupid extreme of it, and with a touch of dark side) since I've been choosing neutral dialogue options that seem to show that she respects how Scourge was raised and the path he walks even though it's so radically different from her own. Sure they snapped at each other a bit in the beginning, but as they're getting to know each other, it seems like Scourge is becoming less guarded around her since she's respected him, and I feel that these first signs of respect could potentially lead to friendship and (BioWare willing!) something more later on. To be honest, such a possibility of their relationship steadily building to love gives me a Beauty and the Beast (any version, not Disney!) vibe, where respect, friendship, and love are all gradually earned by both.

This is dynamic character interaction for me because even though he's this huge, intimidating Sith Lord, Scourge doesn't make my Jedi uneasy, and she was never afraid of him, even back when they first met when there was nothing but a ray shield between them. She's even started to admire Scourge in spite of him being Sith, which doesn't matter to her at all, so she does her best to treat him with respect - to treat him like a person despite the many differences between them. To be frank, I honestly feel that my Jedi is one of the only people who respects Scourge for who he is and not condemned him for what he is or used him for his talents. She welcomed him as a member of her crew (though warily at first) not solely because he can help her save the galaxy, but because he helped her when she needed it the most, and it's something she'll forever be grateful for. I absolutely love how that, even though they're so radically different in some regards, they still mirror and balance one another.

As for Praven, he's still one of my absolute favorite side characters from the Jedi Knight story, but I ended up ultimately leaning towards Scourge as my hope for an alternate romance option for female Jedi Knights because I feel that Scourge meshes with my Jedi more dynamically than Praven would. Reason is, I started to realize that my Jedi and Praven are too similar in character, and that would make for a bland romance later on. But if he's made an alternate romance option instead of Scourge, great, I'd go with it because I'm so fond of him and I'm sure there are others out there who'd like to romance him, too. If he and Scourge both become available, great, I'd choose Scourge, but I'd probably make a more neutral or dark sided Jedi Knight on another server to romance Praven since they'd be different enough to not be a bland romance. If neither Scourge nor Praven ever become available as a romance option, then meh, my poor Jedi will wait forever to tell Scourge how she feels if it comes down to that.

And I did not mean for that to become so long since this thread isn't about Scourge or Praven. *facepalm* Maybe I should clip this and start a Scourge thread, but most people will probably think I'm nuts. That or I should change the title of this one, but if any of you want to compare these three characters, I'd love to hear your opinions.

I agree with this thread! I've been working on romance with Doc (light side) but I haven't really been having fun with it. I just don't see how my honest, selfless Jedi Guardian could ever go for such a flirtatious jerk.

The other day he suggested creating a disease just to cure it so he would become famous! Plus he flaunts his other women in my face. How am I supposed to be interested in him?

I would MUCH rather go for Kira, whom I feel like my character has a connection with, plus they have some history between them now - but alas, I am not allowed to.

I can't decide if I want to shut the romance down permanently or see what happens with it... maybe it will get better? What if I end it and then Bioware never adds a new romantic option for female Jedi Knights?

I've heard the same complaint from female players of other classes too. Anyone know a good romance for female characters in the game?

I think changing the title of this thread would help, it was difficult to find this thread again after those few days and you'll certainly have my support if you decide to make it a thread more focused on Scourge and Praven as alternate romance options :)

Despite my efforts, I have been gaining affection with Doc and I decided to try talking to him today to permanently shut him down but I have honestly yet to see the option. My JK is more dark side than light, being very ruthless and resentful of the order. For her, taking the light sided "no because of the code" just does not fit, it's a major jump out of character and (if Scourge ever becomes available) rather hypocritical.

Which leads me to his character. To me, Doc comes across as incredibly selfish and shallow and as of yet, he hasn't changed or developed in the least. He hasn't opened up and after my Jedi questioned him about a particular woman in his past he was so incredibly disrespectful I came away with a bitter taste in my mouth and the desire to punch him.

Praven fascinated me because of his sense of honour and ability to listen to reason. It was such an unusual facet of a Sith that I just wanted to know more. A shame that I felt that single instance showed more character than the hours I've had to endure Doc.

I won't go on about Scourge otherwise I'll be here all night and I'm meant to be in a group right now (haha whoops), I will say however that after one particular conversation with him I have learned a new respect for the writer's ability to tease us. That was evil.

@GameMistress: Personally I love Adronikos' romance but it really depends on your preference and what you are aiming for with that particular character.

I too feel Doc is not a good choice for my female Knight. I will admit I was hoping to be able to romance a fellow Jedi, and as both the male Jedi Knight and Consular get the option to romance a Jedi I do feel jipped. I don't hate Doc as a character, while being a womanizer (or wanna-be womanizer), I do think he really wants to help people if he can. I do not think he is a good love interest for a Jedi. After he recommended a casual encounter in the bedroom with my Knight, I have zero interest in romancing the guy.

You are farther in the story than I, and I haven't met Scourge, but I would totally go for a Praven romance if that was an option. That character was awesome. As it stands now, Doc will have to have a huge change in the treatment of my female Jedi in order to get with her. My knight takes the Jedi code seriously and I can't see her breaking her code for a guy who has little in common with her, and treats her like she's just another would be notch in his belt. If he was the option for my female smuggler or trooper I may consider him a valid option. I can see those characters as possibly being more open to a more casual thing. If my Jedi was to break her code it would have to be for someone who respected and cared for her, not because she was the nearest thing with the the proper anatomy.

I really like my Knight, the Knight play style, and the Knight story. She will be keeping her pants on and remaining single until Bioware lets us have a better option.

You guys have seriously made my day, I mean really. ^_^ I never thought this would end up getting so much attention, thank you all so much! Maybe BioWare will take note of this thread if we garner enough of a discussion and give us the choices we want so we won't have to be limited anymore.

@GameMistress: I'm sorry you haven't been having fun with the Doc romance, and I can't really help you there other than giving this piece of advice: do what you feel is right. If proceeding further with the romance keeps making you feel unhappy, then it would be best to end it. I honestly don't see how any Jedi would be able to fall for him, either, especially since he's from a society Jedi don't exactly learn about and prepare themselves for, unlike the Sith. Yeah, that's pretty low of him to do to any woman, a Jedi especially. :/ Kira's awesome, and I hope you'll be able to have that option someday. ^_^ To be honest, the only romances I'm remotely happy with at the moment are Aric Jorgen (female Trooper) and Corso Riggs (female Smuggler, though I decided not to do it at the last moment since he's more a friend to my smuggler than a lover). I'm also curious about Vector Hyllus (female Imperial Agent) but the others? MEH.

@Mierrik: Thread title changed (or supposed to be, blargh), hopefully it'll make more sense now. Wow, seriously?! That's... I have no words. I'm definitely not going to try talking to Doc now, and now my poor Miraluka's going to have the door to her bedroom locked, or she'll hole up in the cargo hold with Scourge whenever she needs to sleep. I really wish there was a "No, I don't like you at all, you womanizing perv." option even if it caused me dark side points. It's an honest shame, really. They should've emphasized on his desire to help people rather than on his desire to screw everything that moves. Had it been that way, then my sentinel would have gladly trust him with her life.

YES! That is EXACTLY what caused me to become fond of Praven! He's such a unique individual of his species, and I loved how he treated my sentinel as a person even though they were originally enemies. Something like that would lead to a wonderful romance, though I personally think he'd clash with a very light sided Jedi, but that's just me. I couldn't agree with you more. Doc is such a human 2x4 when it comes to his personality. :/

Feel free to PM me if you want to rant about Scourge, I'll gladly listen. And, oh boy, I've only had two conversations with him so far, and that has me worried. Is it such a tease where it'll more than likely have me raging about the unfairness of it? >_> I'd like to be prepared if so.

@MiraSavo: I'm glad at least one of us is able to like Doc even though they emphasized the wrong character trait. I commend you for being able to put up with him. I saw that on YouTube the other day and it offended me to no end, and it makes me wonder if BioWare forgot that we female gamers love engaging romances with LIs that care for our characters and have interesting personalities/backgrounds, and not a creepy, failed Han Solo wannabe? I honestly find it very hard to believe that this same company who gave us LIs like Alistair, Fenris, Thane, and Garrus actually created... Doc... and force us to not only take him or have nothing, but to put up with him. It's sad, really. You know something, I also think that doc is a better companion for at least the trooper. Seriously, somebody like him needs a tough, stern woman to whip him into becoming a better person.

Edited by ChaosGithzerai

I honestly find it very hard to believe that this same company who gave us LIs like Alistair, Fenris, Thane, and Garrus actually created... Doc... and force us to not only take him or have nothing, but to put up with him.

Bioware has had some great LIs for female characters through the years. I was looking forward to have another enjoyable in game romance.

Doc as the only LI, for female Jedi (my main), is such a disappointment.

The change of title isn't showing up for me, how odd! Ah well, we'll just have to make this so popular that people will look in if only for curiosity :D

I decided to give Doc a few more gifts to nudge up his affection in the hope that I can find a way to end things permanently between my Jedi and Doc and well, I think I shall post my findings under a spoiler tab in case people want to find out how to do that on their own :) (I also want to rant about some of his responses)

Ok so I finally got as close to in character with a dialogue option as I can with my JK. He brought up the conversation about wookies mating for life and my JK brought him around to the subject of their relationship, pointing out that she was risking everything while Doc seemed to be risking nothing. His response? "I'm not asking you to risk anything. We're just having fun, right?"

If I could have hit him, I would have. It feels like an incredibly disrespectful way to treat someone who is putting a lot on the line for what he believes to only be a fling. Luckily after that I saw the dialogue option for "We're through" and I took it faster than a jawa to a droid. A satisfying response of "This isn't working out. From now on we're on strictly professional terms." was my reward.

I cheered.

Interestingly, there was another route in the conversation where you could just tell him to stop giving you the pet names and he agrees, only to call you "darling" afterwards which I suppose should've been endearing but for my Jedi just came across as insulting, especially when her tone made it clear that she was at her wits end with him. It highlights again that he isn't really interested in how she feels about this.

Another thing I have learnt with Doc during these conversations is that he expects the female Jedi to be quite easy with her affections, which to me goes against how the character is portrayed in game, especially when we have no other options for romantic encounters in the game.

I think if we had more options for 'flings' or at least more sarcastic/flirty dialogue options, Doc's romance might sit better with me but, considering the limitations of dialogue in game, I've spent 30+ levels building up my Jedi into a woman who is serious in her duties - even if she chafes against them. Jumping from being a celibate and serious woman to suddenly accepting the advances of a self proclaimed womanizer who does little in the way of actual seduction just doesn't make sense.

It makes me agree with ChaosGithzerai in their suggestion that Doc would make for a better romance with another class, though I think he'd fit in perfectly with the Smuggler more than the Trooper (not that I wouldn't mind the Trooper whipping him into shape, I think I would actually roll one and put up with the Republic military for that).

It is strange since like many others like you, I've always been a fan of Bioware's romances. I adored Carth, Zevran, Alistair, Fenris, Anders, Garrus, Thane, Kaidan and even Jacob's romance was sweet once I got past the hilariously bad lines. To get such an odd option in Doc for my beloved JK is disappointing and saddening, to have no alternative for her was an added sadness.

However, I am pleased to see that he is such a unique character. It really does say a lot about the talent of the writing team that they can provide such individual romances for all the characters in game. And I think what saddens me the most is the fact that I can't join in the enthusing with others over how much people have enjoyed his romance.

I do wonder about future possabilities though. Praven I don't see having much of a chance for various reasons I won't go into as they're spoilerish.

Scourge I see as a more viable possability as he still has a few strings to his story that haven't been tied up and maybe could be developed upon (along with a relationship) in future expansions.

What worries me about all this is that Bioware will just bring in new characters as the alternate romance options. I'm sure our next batch of companions will be just as delightful as our current motley crew but personally I'd prefer to see them work on our current ones and for us to enjoy Scourge/Praven/Kira than have them bring in new ones that turn into a Scourge 2.0 (or Kira 2.0 for same sex) because that's what we've shown a preference for.

And thank you for the offer ChaosGithzerai! I might just take you up on it as I have been ranting away to my guild mates and while they do find the whole scenario hilarious and quite enjoy my curses to Bioware they are probably growing tired of hearing about it.

The conversation I am referencing is either the third or fourth. I'll give a hint as to what it's about but I won't spoil too much...

It's all about pleasure!

So I'd definitely be interested in hearing what you think of it :)

Ok this post is getting too long, I'll wrap it up here :)

@Mierrik: Yeah, I don't know how to fix it to update to the proper title, either. Oh well. and I apologize for the slow response to your last post, been a busy day.

You've definitely helped me make my mind up about locking Doc down in the basement and throwing away the key until I can hopefully one day get rid of him. That's just...wow, again, I have no words to describe how horrible that is. What a worm! I honestly commend those who can put up with such a cad like Doc, because I certainly can't. Hopefully the game will register that you've shut him down and not have him turn around and flirt with you again like a certain man (can't remember the name) during the female Trooper story. AUGH. I'm thankful for your post and the length you went to analyze the romance, I really appreciate reading your thoughts about it. Still, though, it's just sad, because I can't help but picture Doc in a seedy cantina looking all smug and bragging about how he managed to bed a Jedi. *sigh*

Hehe, actually, the one who originally posted that was MiraSavo, I merely agreed with them on it. I could see him fitting in to the smuggler's motley crew, but mine wouldn't touch him with a ten-foot pole. >_> She's hoping for a chance with Akaavi someday. I haven't always been a fan of Bioware romances, that started with Mass Effect, but I know what you mean. Wow, you did a lot more romances than I did, then again, I'm pretty picky when it comes to that. I honestly hated Carth, Zevran quickly fell out of my favor, Anders pissed me off in DA2 (I loved him in Awakening) so I went with Fenris instead. I hated Kaidan at first, but ended up liking him as a good friend to my Shepard once I got to know him better, and I've already said my piece on Jacob in an eariler post.

I can't exactly agree with you about Doc's character being written well, but I certainly agree that he is unique. Yeah, we're both on the sidelines hoping for who we want, which may or may never happen. It's frustrating, to say the least.

You know, my boyfriend said the exact same thing about Praven, mostly since he's not a companion, and that if I ever made a thread like this, I should push for Scourge first and foremost. That ended up happening on its own, pretty much.

Yes, I agree! Hell, I'm absolutely dying to know what Scourge's real name is, and how he'll be able to deal with things after the end of the Jedi Knight story, and I'll be upset if he ever ends up leaving the crew. That's how fond I've become of him, while back in beta, I was completely skeptical about him even though I admit to having a fondness for pure-blooded Sith men even though I mainly play on Republic.

Eek, yeah. :/ But if we draw enough attention, maybe they'll give us what we're asking for. After all, they did give Garrus and Tali as romance options in Mass Effect 2 to people who were clamoring for them, and that gives me a faint spark of hope.

You're welcome! We have to stick together, after all. ^_^ I can say the same about my boyfriend, because I constantly rant about Scourge and Praven to him.

I'm close to that conversation then, and ooh, I'm intrigued. I'll probably end up being frustrated even more than I am now that he's not a romance option, but I am intrigued.

Edited by ChaosGithzerai

Well I think it has registered with the game because I gave Doc a rank 5 gift before and after the conversation and the affection gain has pretty much halved! He also didn't say the "admit it, you love me!" line you sometimes get by giving him a high ranking gift.

However, I have yet to have any more conversations with him so I can't really confirm whether he will or will not flirt but I think he pretty much got the message.

As for the other stuff... I'll move it over to pm so we don't get off topic :D

Well I think it has registered with the game because I gave Doc a rank 5 gift before and after the conversation and the affection gain has pretty much halved! He also didn't say the "admit it, you love me!" line you sometimes get by giving him a high ranking gift.

However, I have yet to have any more conversations with him so I can't really confirm whether he will or will not flirt but I think he pretty much got the message.

As for the other stuff... I'll move it over to pm so we don't get off topic :D

That's really good to know! And, wow, a rank five gift? The highest I've ever run across are rank three, but my treasure hunting isn't really that high yet (stupid expensive speeder piloting skills!). Ah, well, here's hoping!

I respect everyone's opinions on how they feel about Doc but as for me, I love the guy. I downright ADORE him and only made a Jedi knight class to have the option to romance him. Maybe it's because he reminds me of so many people I know and so many characters from 80s B movies and I love those as well.

To me Doc is an amalgamation of so many 80s characters with a most definite Bruce Campbell feel. I find him hilarious and witty. He doesn't take things seriously except for helping people which is something I can relate to. I also made my sentinel to just make whatever choices I myself would choose if it were me and completely ignored anything else companion affection gain/light side/dark side points be damned.

Are Doc's pic up lines cheesy? YES. Is he a cad and a womanizer...why yes, he is. Do I think he would have been a better fit as a romance option for another class? HELL YES. But do I hate him? No. I'd probably end up being another girl that got burned by Doc if he was a real guy, but I can imagine we'd still be friends in the end.

Also, for those who don't like him, I'm glad there is a way to not be forced into a romance option with him if you don't want it. I don't want the romance option for my consular since the guy is as boring and bland as a cup of unflavoured milk. No one should be forced into an unwanted romance because there currently isn't another option.

Edit: By only reason I made a Jedi sentinel meaning I would have made the sith marauder instead. I did have an actual interest in the type of character I made and not just the companion.

Edited by Aquarra

I respect everyone's opinions on how they feel about Doc but as for me, I love the guy. I downright ADORE him and only made a Jedi knight class to have the option to romance him. Maybe it's because he reminds me of so many people I know and so many characters from 80s B movies and I love those as well.

To me Doc is an amalgamation of so many 80s characters with a most definite Bruce Campbell feel. I find him hilarious and witty. He doesn't take things seriously except for helping people which is something I can relate to. I also made my sentinel to just make whatever choices I myself would choose if it were me and completely ignored anything else companion affection gain/light side/dark side points be damned.

Are Doc's pic up lines cheesy? YES. Is he a cad and a womanizer...why yes, he is. Do I think he would have been a better fit as a romance option for another class? HELL YES. But do I hate him? No. I'd probably end up being another girl that got burned by Doc if he was a real guy, but I can imagine we'd still be friends in the end.

Also, for those who don't like him, I'm glad there is a way to not be forced into a romance option with him if you don't want it. I don't want the romance option for my consular since the guy is as boring and bland as a cup of unflavoured milk. No one should be forced into an unwanted romance because there currently isn't another option.

Edit: By only reason I made a Jedi sentinel meaning I would have made the sith marauder instead. I did have an actual interest in the type of character I made and not just the companion.

Thank you for sharing your views, I enjoyed reading your post and found it insightful since your views of Doc are so different than my own. You know, I never once thought about him being like Bruce Campbell, and I'm a fan of his movies. I'm really glad Doc's worked out for you so well as a romance option! I just wish I could figure out how how to update the title, because the old one doesn't really make much sense anymore, argh.