Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Whats your Powetech Build?


AnubisXy's Avatar


AnubisXy
12.13.2011 , 09:35 AM | #11
The OP's build is identical to the one I plan to go with for tanking.

For PvP I plan to go with a hybrid Arsenal/Pyrotech build: http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#30...robckZfhrbzh.1

It's proc heavy, but when those procs align it will be amazing.

Rocket Punch will have a 45% chance to reset and trigger a free Rail Shot as well as a 25% chance to make your next Rail Shot crit. Flame Burst will have a 30% chance to reset and trigger a free Rail Shot as well as a 30% chance to make your next Rocket Punch free. Claw has a 25% chance to make your next Rail Shot crit. And when Railshot gets procced by Flame Burst/Rocket Punch it will be dissipating 8 heat.

The build will also have a decent amount of mobility thanks to Hydraulic Overrides. And, when my character does get locked down, I'll be dissipating heat so I can keep attacking.

I think there ends up being a lot of synergy between the abilities in this build, and I look forward to trying it out.

Lambast's Avatar


Lambast
12.13.2011 , 12:12 PM | #12
I've not had the chance to try BH yet. Avoided it for this day

I'm hoping to achieve a good PvP Build with Advanced Prototype as my focus - Fingers Crossed
Guild Leader: Heart of Darkness (UK Guild/PVP Server)
"If you have the Credits .... consider it done"

pinkwun's Avatar


pinkwun
12.13.2011 , 02:43 PM | #13
This is the first one I am going to try for PvP.

http://knotor.com/skills#AgMIHwKz09o...qRmqGqusrS29IA

I think in the end though I will end up being a Shield Tech / Adv Prototype Hybrid.

ipingthepong's Avatar


ipingthepong
12.14.2011 , 02:47 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by pinkwun View Post
This is the first one I am going to try for PvP.

http://knotor.com/skills#AgMIHwKz09o...qRmqGqusrS29IA

I think in the end though I will end up being a Shield Tech / Adv Prototype Hybrid.
I like that spec a lot, but i think i might replace the point in 10% less stun damage with the one that gives you 7% health over 10 seconds when you vent heat

Mograth's Avatar


Mograth
12.14.2011 , 06:21 PM | #15
http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#30...bogzZrz0MZ0c.1

Like to take the cooldown reduce over -4% Damage. Still thinking about putting the 3 points from the HP-Bonus somewhere else.
I wish I could be a Jawa Bounty Hunter

Bunny_Bait's Avatar


Bunny_Bait
12.14.2011 , 07:16 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Mograth View Post
http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#30...bogzZrz0MZ0c.1

Like to take the cooldown reduce over -4% Damage. Still thinking about putting the 3 points from the HP-Bonus somewhere else.
You take Rebraced Armor but you don't take Ion Screen ?
+3% endurance is a waste, anything else is better.
The same goes for Steely Resolve, if you are tanking you should not waste points to increase damage output with such low %.
Prototype Burn Enhancers is good but I think you will get more with something else.

8 points "wasted" in my point of view :
Neural Overload/Ion Screen/Puncture/Power Armor/Prototype Cylinders are betters choice, but I'm bias it's my build.
It's the first time I will play a tank, but I think I have to go all in for mitigation, reducing utilities cooldown and such. If my DPS suck, I don't care I have already plenty of tools to generate threat.

Praematura's Avatar


Praematura
12.20.2011 , 12:26 PM | #17
I'm level 31 Powertech now. Ive tanked primarily with a prot paladin in wow and now I feel the Powertech is similar with its aoe tanking.

The extra endurance is a waste, we are talking 3%. So for example you have 10,000 you will receive an extra 300 up which is a joke.

The jet charge is never used. You receive sonic dart which does aoe aggro on any second group you need to pick up. Yea it's a cool ability but the points are better spent on damage mitigation like Shield vents and ion screen or some star dps.

Focus on:
damage mitigation and flame bonuse.

Also in pvp the damage reduction is the same as pve. So you are basically indestructible. Just my 2 cents.

The only question I had if given the choice between shield vents or ion screen, which would you choose. I went for ion screen because shield has such a low % to begin with whereas ion screen is a flat 2% Damage reduction.