Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Won't Go Past Loading Screen

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Won't Go Past Loading Screen

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

aaronthegreat
01.10.2012 , 04:51 PM
My game won't go past the first loading screen into character selection. I type all my info into the launcher and click on Play and it goes into the loading screen and won't go past that. I let it sit at that screen for a good amount of time and still nothing. The Little icon at the bottom right is still moving around in a circle.

Thanks

Kindajenin
01.10.2012 , 04:53 PM Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Greetings aaronthegreat,

If you are getting stuck at the splash screen, the following fix may help.

Please close the client and go to this location:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\BioWare\Star Wars - The Old Republic

Please run the FixLauncher.exe file in the above location.

Once this is complete, please start the Launcher again(please ensure that launcher.exe and swtor.exe have Administrator privileges) and run the Launcher repair function.

After this is complete, please login again and try to connect.

Please post here to confirm if this resolves the issue for you.
Kindajenin| BioWare Customer Service Forum Support

LeeLoou
01.10.2012 , 05:14 PM
I have had this problem for 2 days now and the solution you posted has not worked. I cant even post an ingame ticket so I am forced to post here. I cant even call because I can never get through on the phone. Your tech support/customer service sucks. I realize this is a new game but you had years to develope and months of beta to iron out these issues. I have never played a game that had as many issues as this one. This is your last chance from me, if im not playing tonight then my account gets cancelled tomorow. I have never played a EA/bioware PC game before and now I know why.

Kindajenin
01.10.2012 , 05:29 PM Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Greetings LeeLoou,

Why are you unable to submit an in game ticket?

Have you ever had this issue before or is this the first time?

aaronthegreat
01.10.2012 , 05:35 PM
Did as instructions said, ran both applications as administator. When I ran launcher at the top said, "The launcher is being updated. Please Wait..." Waited for a good 10 minutes before that went away. Re-entered log in information and same thing happened. Won't let me past the loading screen again , after waiting about 10 minutes. This has been happening for the last couple of days like that other guy has stated.

Kindajenin
01.10.2012 , 06:01 PM Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Greetings aaronthegreat,

In order to assist us investigating this issue, please post your DxDiag here.

Before you post it, please remove your PC Name from the DxDiag.

Please post the DxDiag within code tags or spoiler tags

Go to Start menu:
  1. Type dxdiag into the Search/Run box
  2. Select the "Save All Information" button
  3. This will create a dxdiag.txt file(Please remove your PC Name before posting)

Thank you for your assistance.

LeeLoou
01.10.2012 , 06:04 PM
Quote: Originally Posted by U1-G7 View Post
Greetings LeeLoou,

Why are you unable to submit an in game ticket?

Have you ever had this issue before or is this the first time?
Well If I cant get past the launcher screen then I cant post an in-game ticket can I ? Besides that I have put in at least 4 ingame tickets that have all gone unanswered, and when i check my tickets they all say closed a day or 2 after I submit them. Without a doubt the WORST customer service I have ever had to deal with.

Kindajenin
01.10.2012 , 06:09 PM Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Greetings LeeLoou,

Sorry for the confusion you can still send our customer support an email from our website when you login.

Are you experiencing this issue every time you login or on different occasions.

Could you also post your DxDiag so we can investigate the issue further.

LeeLoou
01.10.2012 , 06:22 PM
this is the only info that came up in the dxdiag file

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<persistedQuery version="1.0"><viewInfo viewMode="details" iconSize="16" stackIconSize="0" displayName="Search Results in Indexed Locations" autoListFlags="0"><visibleColumns><column viewField="System.ItemNameDisplay"/><column viewField="System.DateModified"/><column viewField="System.ItemType"/><column viewField="System.ItemFolderPathDisplayNarrow"/><column viewField="System.Author"/><column viewField="System.Keywords"/></visibleColumns><sortList><sort viewField="System.DateModified" direction="descending"/></sortList></viewInfo><query><conditions><condition type="leafCondition" property="System.Generic.String" propertyType="string" operator="wordmatch" value="dxdiag" valuetype="System.StructuredQueryType.String"><att ributes/></condition></conditions><kindList><kind name="item"/></kindList><providers><provider clsid="{88CF4A86-5D7A-48EB-B53E-EA388A390096}"/></providers><subQueries><subQuery

Also, I am not a computer programmer and have no idea what half of the suggestions mean that I have seen posted in similar threads. The majority of the people that play pc games are just gamers not PC experts. I have never, NEVER been asked to do the types of things and questions that I have seen on these forums. We bought this software to play a game NOT DO THE DEVELOPERS JOB! If the game was incomplete then you shouldnt have released it

renegadeimp
01.10.2012 , 06:24 PM
Quote: Originally Posted by LeeLoou View Post
this is the only info that came up in the dxdiag file

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<persistedQuery version="1.0"><viewInfo viewMode="details" iconSize="16" stackIconSize="0" displayName="Search Results in Indexed Locations" autoListFlags="0"><visibleColumns><column viewField="System.ItemNameDisplay"/><column viewField="System.DateModified"/><column viewField="System.ItemType"/><column viewField="System.ItemFolderPathDisplayNarrow"/><column viewField="System.Author"/><column viewField="System.Keywords"/></visibleColumns><sortList><sort viewField="System.DateModified" direction="descending"/></sortList></viewInfo><query><conditions><condition type="leafCondition" property="System.Generic.String" propertyType="string" operator="wordmatch" value="dxdiag" valuetype="System.StructuredQueryType.String"><att ributes/></condition></conditions><kindList><kind name="item"/></kindList><providers><provider clsid="{88CF4A86-5D7A-48EB-B53E-EA388A390096}"/></providers><subQueries><subQuery

Also, I am not a computer programmer and have no idea what half of the suggestions mean that I have seen posted in similar threads. The majority of the people that play pc games are just gamers not PC experts. I have never, NEVER been asked to do the types of things and questions that I have seen on these forums. We bought this software to play a game NOT DO THE DEVELOPERS JOB! If the game was incomplete then you shouldnt have released it
You are completely misunderstanding things.

When there is an error, the first thing any tech rep will ask for is the dxdiag log. This is to check if there are any errors on your system, or configuration issues that might be causing your problem.
Streamline - A guide to speeding up low - mid range Computer systems.
Latency Thread - Latency issue gathering thread..
Have a tech issue you need help with? You can nomally find me on the Customer Support forum.