Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Ability Delay -- Character Responsiveness (This will make or break SW:TOR)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Ability Delay -- Character Responsiveness (This will make or break SW:TOR)

badchx
01.10.2012 , 09:47 PM | #51
Repost this from another thread.

Made a new video regarding wow vs. swtor and responsiveness.
And this time only using one finger.

NEW: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=24nyp...ature=youtu.be

OLD: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mUQ1J...eature=related

Redsuns_
01.10.2012 , 10:49 PM | #52
Quote: Originally Posted by Godsfear View Post
Since the last patch or 2 I've now got a new problem where my abilities simply won't fire no matter how much I mash the button.

I can see the button being fired on the ui and a GCD is triggered but the ability just won't go off for anywhere between 2-8 seconds. Again, the ability is getting triggered on the hotbars but it won't actually fire no matter how many times I push the button.

It really sucks when I want to stealth and instead sit there mashing my stealth button only to see it fire 6 seconds later and 10 button presses later.

The ability lag has always bothered me but they did something a few days ago that has made it even worse.
^ THIS!

Piss the crap out of me clicking the speeder 10 times or stealth 10 times and nothing happen. Broken game. You bought a TV home and it wont turn on no matter how you smash the on button.

Sqeez
01.10.2012 , 10:50 PM | #53
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hTcsooFPdrk

This is a video of my sorcerer, showing the problem with off-global cooldown abilities I'm having.

I interupt a spell then go to use force lightning, the force lightning shows an animation, however it doesn't trigger a cooldown or consume the buff, nor does it do damage. It does however trigger a global cooldown.

I can reliably repeat this many times and is particularly annoying on Immortal Jugg, when tanking and I use retaliation(off gcd) at the same time as any other ability it fails to use the ability but does however trigger gcd.

Halacs
01.11.2012 , 12:18 AM | #54
Quote: Originally Posted by Putok View Post
Thanks for all the work and attention you've put in on this. I think it's one of the big reasons that Bioware has responded so positively, and indicated that this is a high priority for them to fix up.
Agreed, thank you Xcore
Proper Dual spec please.
Free flying space combat
Cross server PVP, OP's, & FP's
Fix Ability Delay/misfire

DarthSianiz
01.11.2012 , 02:44 AM | #55
Bumping this!!! Full support!!! Love This Game!!! But this Need Fix!!!
No More Ability Delay!!!

Winiarus
01.11.2012 , 07:41 AM | #56
WoW = Casting bar > animations
SWToR = Animations > Casting bar

Shuriko
01.11.2012 , 08:24 AM | #57
*Taps heels together and wishes real hard for a fix*

Come on!
The Jedi goes with. "We serve the Force."
The Sith goes with. "The Force serves us."

undell
01.11.2012 , 12:16 PM | #58
bumping thread

jojomexi
01.11.2012 , 01:54 PM | #59
just throwing in my 2 cents, glad to see im not the only one noticing this issue.

Coming from WoW, the only discrepancy i have, and that i even told my friends of, was the fact of the delay between hitting a key, and actually using an ability.

As a Sith Sorcerer(healer), i can easily see the latency of responsiveness. I cast Dark Heal, and even as fast as it is, i wont see the hit points increase for an additional .5 seconds after the spell has completed. theres also a .1-.4 second latency when i actually press down on the hotkey to use each spell.

and as all of you should already have noticed, the popping around the screen when there is a cc, or something similar involved. its like the game cant decide where you are supposed to be. this is most noticeable in hutt ball.

speaking of hutt ball, its a PAIN sometimes to try and throw the ball. mashing my hotkey takes a few attempts to actually proc the aoe cursor.

I really hope they fix this as this is the main concern i have with SWTOR. dont get me wrong, im still playing it, hell i stopped my WoW subscription in hopes this will give me something more challenging and new (WoW is becoming more and more faceroll, now even in PvP which is all i do).

Fix this responsiveness issue, and build more warzones, and you will undoubtfully retain many subs

awesomebilly
01.11.2012 , 08:59 PM | #60
Quote: Originally Posted by supertouch View Post
here's one of several videos i've uploaded. i don't have any problems with effects being delayed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4qQnNxmOBFc

maybe it's class-specific.
I see you have a delay..
maybe this is proof that the people that say they don't see the issue dont know what they are looking for?