Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Ability Delay -- Character Responsiveness (This will make or break SW:TOR)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Ability Delay -- Character Responsiveness (This will make or break SW:TOR)

Jedi_Wannabe
01.18.2012 , 11:01 AM | #551
I'm seeing no improvements to responsiveness with the 1.1 patch.

Riposte/Retaliation still fails to go off 50% of the time. Abilities with a cast time are still incorruptible by moving after the cast bar finishes. Instant abilities can be interrupted. Abilities being delayed in a lag like fashion in spite of having very low latency and high frame rates. etc.

On a positive note, I like that the camera doesn't snap back to the character facing when press a key to turn the camera. However I would prefer it if the character facing would simply snap back to the camera position when I press a turn, move or strafe key.
⋖I≡≡≡≡≡≡I(■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■▸

Ibuki
01.18.2012 , 11:05 AM | #552
Quote: Originally Posted by Ryzerion View Post
Lol it seems like it got worse with my jedi sentinel after patch 1.1, master strike doesn't even work right no more.
I can confirm that.

I did a couple of warzones with my Sentinel and the ability delay worsened. The character responsiveness improved continually in the weeks before 1.1 but now it is almost unplayable.

Wikar
01.18.2012 , 11:08 AM | #553
There is ZERO improovements in Ability Delay department in 1.1, sometime it feels even worse than before (jesus how badly it can be at the end? SWTOR just setted up a lower plank on charapter responsibility, se every time ill ask/discuss some new mmos ill ask people "is it realy so bad as it was in SWTOR, or so good as in WoW?")

Kmita
01.18.2012 , 05:01 PM | #555
I have a 50 power tech and a 50 scoundrel. I don't do flashpoints. When I wasn't leveling I was pvping.

Some people claim that the ability delay issue is not game breaking. For me, it is absolutely driving me insane and negating any other pleasure I may have derived from the game. I'm incredibly disappointed the game was launched this way just so you guys could catch christmas. The game was not remotely ready for a commercial launch as evidenced by the persistence of this glaringly obvious problem a month later. To reiterate, this is a game breaking problem FOR ME.

I'm not impatient, but then again I refuse to concede that being pissed off about something that should have been fixed before launch that STILL ISN'T FIXED means I'm impatient. I'm not going back to wow. I never want to touch that game again. But I paid those devs to ignore the playerbase for years and I'm tired of being stepped on by jerks who can't get a damned clue. I'm not going to put up with it from bioware. So this is my ultimatum. Fix this crap, because it is crap.

THERE IS NO WORD FOR IT BUT CRAP. When people say this should have been priority number one, they weren't jerking you around. When I think of this problem as priority number one this is how I view it: every time you release a patch with little fixes for bugs or whatnot I get a little more pissed off. As far as I'm concerned everyone down to the damned janitor should be working on the character ability delay and I honestly don't want to see another freaking patch note until you can tell me this CRAP is fixed.

I'm paying for one subscription renewal. No more than that. If two months isn't enough time post launch for you to fix something that should have been handled pre-launch then boo-hoo. I feel so ripped off right now.

Lionerd
01.18.2012 , 05:16 PM | #556
no fix for 1.1 and no new news from EA so just unsub and wait if something change ....

Uff i like the class and the settings and im very sorry that they choose the more greedy way ...

another SW game Screwed up ...

I continue to support this post as long as i can...

GreymaneAlpha
01.18.2012 , 05:19 PM | #557
The thing about the ability delay that makes me most angry is simply this: it's caused by a simple design choice to prioritize animations over actions. Such a choice is so mind blowing-ly stupid that I cannot imagine how anyone that had ever played an MMO competitively before could possibly have even been in the room when such a decision was made.

denpic
01.18.2012 , 05:28 PM | #558
I loved this game had a lot of fun leveling but when I enter a wz the game becomes unplayable
Pvp is important to me and when I play I like to be able to play all aspects of a game

I won't be continuing my sub and will go back to wow pvp because at least it works

Also most pvp fun I've had in this game was killing about 8 imps while trying to get a datacron in enemy territory

I want to get involved I want to play huttball god dammit...

DaxRendar
01.18.2012 , 05:33 PM | #559
People are aware the patch reset the Ability Delay Peference back to 0.5sec right?

I'm not saying the patch fixed anything, or most things, but if you are noticing a difference be sure to set Ability Delay back to 0.0 or 1.0 before you completely freak out

CaptRavenous
01.18.2012 , 05:41 PM | #560
Quote: Originally Posted by DaxRendar View Post
People are aware the patch reset the Ability Delay Peference back to 0.5sec right?

I'm not saying the patch fixed anything, or most things, but if you are noticing a difference be sure to set Ability Delay back to 0.0 or 1.0 before you completely freak out
Its not an ability delay, its the time you can skill queue. You can set it for 0.0 seconds, 0.25 seconds, 0.5 seconds, 0.75 seconds, or 1.0 seconds.

I have mine set for 1.0. Why? This allows me to queue my next skill a maximum of one second before it goes off, allowing me to queue a second skill for use right after using the first one.

There is no ability delay in the game, just a huge misunderstanding of how the skill queue system works.

I have seen no ability delays whatsoever since I started playing in late beta.