Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Ability Delay -- Character Responsiveness (This will make or break SW:TOR)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Ability Delay -- Character Responsiveness (This will make or break SW:TOR)

supertouch
01.10.2012 , 05:23 PM | #31
Quote: Originally Posted by Xcore View Post
Unbeliveable....
yeah. it truly is unbelievable that you can't grasp the mechanics of swtor.

Shuriko
01.10.2012 , 05:24 PM | #32
Happened to me tonight again during My questing.

Was slicing some Vrblthers and then suddenly when im trying to start using "Ravage" on my maruader He draws his arms back but returns to normal, I spam the button to activate Ravage again and he repeats the movement 5 times.

NO DMG is done, Castbar didnt activate at all.
During this my companion was doing a crewmission so I had no help what so ever on the mobs and I got so fed up I had to log out and take a cold shower to cool down.

Its annoyingly enough when it affects PvP but even in PvE environments its a pain in the @#s
The Jedi goes with. "We serve the Force."
The Sith goes with. "The Force serves us."

myrmexaw
01.10.2012 , 05:28 PM | #33
Quote: Originally Posted by supertouch View Post
yeah. it truly is unbelievable that you can't grasp the mechanics of swtor.
if the mechanic of swtor are to be delayed by a second you won't see many people interested in subscribing and being charged immediately after entering their credit card information ... but if they waited a week before charging me their product i would probably be alright with this.

gsorreta
01.10.2012 , 05:37 PM | #34
My guess is that its how they handle messages sent client side vs server side.

If they moved more to the client side I bet we'll see less delays, but then again it can open it up to more hacking as well.

Putok
01.10.2012 , 05:42 PM | #35
Quote: Originally Posted by supertouch View Post
can you do me one more favor and make a video of you hitting the ability as fast as possible on a target so that each heal restores hitpoints? i want to see if the animation is accelerated when you use the ability in rapid succession.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=euEHn...ature=youtu.be

Similar .3s delay between cast bar completion and heal completion, and a ~.2s delay before the second heal is cast. From the second cast onwards, there is .1s or less of delay for both. Very odd behavior indeed.

The rest of the video is demonstrating a much larger issues I've had, how heals perform under pushback. Several times, you can note significantly longer than .5s of time between the cast bar completing and the heal landing, more than 1s in at least one or two cases.

Xcore
01.10.2012 , 06:06 PM | #36
Please continue to rate and show your support for this sixth thread...

sabresandiego
01.10.2012 , 06:14 PM | #37
unbelieveable that this isnt fixed yet.
Sabrewolf - Battlemaster Jedi Sentinel on The Crucible Pits

Sabrelife - Scoundrel Healer on The Crucible Pits

supertouch
01.10.2012 , 06:18 PM | #38
underworld medicine acts in much the same way. it seems as though the full animation is rendered during initial use and then an accelerated animation comes during subsequent uses. this video shows that the animation doesn't hinder other abilities. i don't see the problem there unless you hate your character shooting and healing at the same time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-JCIuODiKj8

as you can see, this "hitch" (it's likely normal animation) occurs only during initial use or if you're using the ability in slow succession. you can spam heal with no problem. the same thing applies to charged burst.

ajjw
01.10.2012 , 07:00 PM | #39
Rating.

Also, any update on that vid you're making Xcore?
Ex WoW Vet: Top 30 EU PvE Guild - Demonology Warlock - Multiple Top3 WoL HC Parses
~ Those against DPS Meters would rather settle with mediocrity than strive for excellence
~ These forum mods somehow manage to hand out more infractions than TeamLiquid. Jesus.

Blue
01.10.2012 , 07:19 PM | #40
We really need this looked at. Today in pvp I was lagging out so hard it was ridic. FPS was 100% fine!
Elmdor Hellsing (Lowca) -- Former SWG Pre-CU Smuggler