Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Ability Delay -- Character Responsiveness (This will make or break SW:TOR)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Ability Delay -- Character Responsiveness (This will make or break SW:TOR)

xXJayeDubXx
01.13.2012 , 07:30 PM | #121
Quote: Originally Posted by AkAseo View Post
Handling issues the BW way...

1. Plant a vague "We are looking into this issue" reply on the forum and sticky it.

2. Fool the BDF into thinking the future is bright.

3. Unsticky the biggest and most well supported thread on the forums thus far.

4. Cross your fingers and pray to the gods that you have done enough to worm another months subs out of the masses to recoup some of the layout on this certain financial disaster.
Are you serious? The Bioware war? Care to elaborate on how they got to be this way and with what other games?

As annoying as the delay can be, it's not going to break this game.

Cranberries
01.13.2012 , 07:31 PM | #122
Quote: Originally Posted by xXJayeDubXx View Post
Are you serious? The Bioware war? Care to elaborate on how they got to be this way and with what other games?

It will. It breaks all competitive end game PvE/PvP.
WoW Responsiveness vs SWTOR responsiveness
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mUQ1J...eature=related

Neroxyths
01.13.2012 , 07:48 PM | #123
Quote: Originally Posted by xXJayeDubXx View Post

It will for hardcore gamers, especially PvPers who want to perform with perfect timing in tight situations.

Isgarot
01.13.2012 , 08:40 PM | #124
they have unstick the post of ability delay ?

Its not very a good sign .....

Ignito
01.13.2012 , 08:41 PM | #125
They still haven't fixed this issue yet? Awful.

Yakito
01.13.2012 , 08:43 PM | #126
It will break the game. You have no idea how annoying it is for me to play on my Jedi Knight with the double animation, unresponsive Riposte and other abilities. It's awful, awful, awful. I can stand it ONLY because I think it will get fixed. If all hope is lost I'll probably either ditch the character or just slowly stop playing the game.

FerrusPA
01.13.2012 , 08:57 PM | #127
It makes Juggernaut tanking even more of a pain than it already is. Don't get me started on PvP.

Don't even think about using Force Push tactically (Pushing someone off a ledge or into the acid in Huttball) during/after a long animation skill.
December Pre-Order Best Pre-Order
Proud Guildmaster of Two Swords One Box. Apply now!

Thread = Faden Threat = Drohung

Isgarot
01.13.2012 , 09:00 PM | #128
i dont think to sub at this time .... there is no future on competitive gaming here ATM...

Maybe if they manage to fix it i will return ...

but i fear the fact that behind BW there is the EA ...and WAR have still gamebreaking bugs from beta.

I just hope that someone at BW stand up and say : "what we are doing!!"

Xcore
01.13.2012 , 10:05 PM | #129
I'm finalizing a little preview, it showcase a bit of the topics that will be covered, hope you like it and I hope you are patient for the full thing coming soon

Putok
01.13.2012 , 10:07 PM | #130
Quote: Originally Posted by Briljin View Post
While the ability delay is annoying, my real concern is the "stutter" effect I often experience while playing melee characters in PvP. Nothing more annoying that hitting the same ability 3+ times. only to have it hang mid animation and never actually activate. This is probably going to be the main reason I do not renew my account. I have played WoW, DAoC, Rift and Aion, yet I have never experienced this kind of issue.
This is a big one for me too. It's happening a lot to me on my Jugg alt with retaliation, and happens on my assassin from time to time with assassinate in particular.