Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Ability Delay -- Character Responsiveness (This will make or break SW:TOR)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Ability Delay -- Character Responsiveness (This will make or break SW:TOR)

Asnine
01.13.2012 , 03:53 PM | #101
Quote: Originally Posted by Xcore View Post
Is there a reason the Ability Delay Sticky is gone?
5char

StormDragonlord
01.13.2012 , 03:55 PM | #102
They still haven't fixed this? (haven't played in awhile) Damn.
Server Transfers!

ThanosTitan
01.13.2012 , 04:16 PM | #103
No mention of it in the 1.1 patch notes, its gonna be too little too late when it finally gets addressed.

Earthchild
01.13.2012 , 04:21 PM | #104
Quote: Originally Posted by Wintor View Post
Is this also related to the slight delay with inventory, mail, vendors and such. Dragging abilities into a quickslot takes a moment. Is all this info on the same type of system that combat is?
I haven't paid attention to those delays, but maybe they are related and if they are maybe there is some hope that those 'commands' could go through a different "channel" and free up combat, or maybe they are both on the same type of system but do go through different "channels" so don't effect each other, but both suffer from the same issue.

But like I said i haven't noticed or paid much attention to 'ability' delays outside of combat.

Astron_
01.13.2012 , 04:51 PM | #105
Get back on page 1!

AkAseo
01.13.2012 , 04:55 PM | #106
Handling issues the BW way...

1. Plant a vague "We are looking into this issue" reply on the forum and sticky it.

2. Fool the BDF into thinking the future is bright.

3. Unsticky the biggest and most well supported thread on the forums thus far.

4. Cross your fingers and pray to the gods that you have done enough to worm another months subs out of the masses to recoup some of the layout on this certain financial disaster.

Badbal
01.13.2012 , 04:59 PM | #107
Hmm, i wondered about the sticky. I just made a post there today as i had enough of the Ability Delay / Ability not firing problem that seems to plague my Sith Juggernaut on a wide range of abilities.

I suspect it is Parry/Deflect related as i have "stunlocked" myself when i hit Saber Ward (with enough enemies around) and i deflect so much stuff i cant fire off any of my abilities.

Uggh, anyways, heres hoping they fix this as i really love the game, but this issue is a gamebreaker and it gets me or my groupmates killed too often to be considered fun.
█╬╬╬╬╬╬█|{███████████████████████████████████████) *Pewwwww*

MacPJ
01.13.2012 , 05:09 PM | #108
Responses in this thread amaze me sometimes, but then I thought of a real life example after watching an episode of Top Gear that may shed light to why so many state they don't have this issue.

So, lets compare SWTOR to a new automobile, say the BMW M3. During testing of the M3, the reviewer notices that the gearbox is annoyingly slow to change up and down gears. People may or not agree with this, because they have a different view of how automobiles should operate, just as gamers have different levels of experience and expectations with games.

The soccer mom, who's only ever driven a clunky SUV or minivan, wouldn't notice the problem with the transmission, and claim that everything is fine.

The weekend track racer or enthusiast would feel that the vehicle doesn't quite accelerate right, but may not be able to precisely place what they don't like about the performance.

The professional racing driver would immediately notice the terrible gearbox and would hate the current state of the automobile because of it.

Everybody get the comparison, let me know as we continue to bump the thread
SWG - Bria - Pre NGE - Bounty Hunter
WoW - Archimonde - Vanilla-Cata - Priest/Mage

Tukat
01.13.2012 , 05:18 PM | #109
onlyyyyy wanaaaa suporttttt dissss pagee---ee

Tukat
01.13.2012 , 05:27 PM | #110
BRW dis is now page nr 745