Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Ability Delay -- Character Responsiveness (This will make or break SW:TOR)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Ability Delay -- Character Responsiveness (This will make or break SW:TOR)

TwilekSkier
01.23.2012 , 09:30 PM | #1041
Quote: Originally Posted by Generaleestoned View Post
ok people freaking out,goto prefrences,controls,ability delay q and change it from the set.5 to 0. jeeez
104 page fail. this worked for me.

Psycomas
01.23.2012 , 09:32 PM | #1042
Quote: Originally Posted by Starglide View Post

Incredibly written post that provides excellent insight into a casuals perspective regarding this matter.
Thank you

Generaleestoned
01.23.2012 , 09:38 PM | #1043
lol well whatever it worked for me,i hit the button and its instant,update your crappy pc or get off of dial up...and honostly i wasnt even gonna post this this and just keep taking advantage of the people all set at .5 ......

Psycomas
01.23.2012 , 09:39 PM | #1044
ok people freaking out,goto prefrences,controls,ability delay q and change it from the set.5 to 0. jeeez
This setting has been at 0.0 for me since the day I started playing. As I mentioned in my previous post, I experienced no issues with delay at all until last Wednesday after the patch went live.

They broke something. Plain and simple. They have acknowledged several times in multiple blog posts and threads that they broke something and are attempting to fix it. I just hope that they put everything else currently in the hopper on hold until it actually *is* fixed.

This one game mechanic is something that could quite literally sink this game before it has a chance to firmly anchor itself. Most everything else that gets 'broken' can be worked around or have the personal style adjusted to integration. But having something this basic and all encompassing not work is not something that can't be 'played around'.

I really do hope they fix it because like I said, I am thoroughly enjoying this game and everything that I've experienced in it so far. I've settled into a good guild with a great group of people (Hello, <The Council> on The Constant) that I enjoy playing with and I have a good time every time I log on. But I don't enjoy paying (regardless of how much or how little) to be endlessly frustrated by abilities that don't work the way they're supposed to.

Xcore
01.23.2012 , 10:16 PM | #1045
OMG... OH... MY... GOD!

I cannot believe all this time... I mean, holy ****! We've had so much drama, fuss, debate! For weeks now!

I just did what you said and it fixed EVERYTHING, I can't believe I wasted so much time...

EVERYBODY -- SET IT TO 0.0 -- IT FIXES THE DELAY!

LETS CLOSE UP SHOP AND ENJOY PLAYING THE GAME!

Thank You... I will edit the OP to state your solution in case anyone else still experiences these issues.

Gohlar
01.23.2012 , 10:20 PM | #1046
Quote: Originally Posted by Xcore View Post
OMG... OH... MY... GOD!

I cannot believe all this time... I mean, holy ****! We've had so much drama, fuss, debate! For weeks now!

I just did what you said and it fixed EVERYTHING, I can't believe I wasted so much time...

Thank You... I will edit the OP to state your solution in case anyone else still experiences these issues.
Can you edit out all those opinions stated as fact? There is a lot of nonsense about 2 second delays from a "professional gamer". Nobody has it that bad unless something is wrong on their end. He even goes on to mention WoW, clearly there is some bias involved.

There is a lot of disingenuous "information" in the OP...

Xcore
01.23.2012 , 10:25 PM | #1047
Quote: Originally Posted by Gohlar View Post
Can you edit out all those opinions stated as fact? There is a lot of nonsense about 2 second delays from a "professional gamer". Nobody has it that bad unless something is wrong on their end. He even goes on to mention WoW, clearly there is some bias involved.

There is a lot of disingenuous "information" in the OP...
Yes, absolutely... you are correct. I generally have a problem where I just hyperbole way too much and then, when I get all "caught up" with the emotions I just keep saying THIS IS A FACT, THIS IS A FACT! so yea, I'll re-visit those items in the OP, thank you!

Also yea, you're right... I double checked that "SO CALLED" Professional Gamer (As if those guys know anything more than you and I!) - (lol as if Gaming can be professional! they should get a life! basement dwellers!), and it turns out that his "listed credentials" were FAKE! So yea, you're completely right, I will edit out all the "credible stuff" (or so I thought!).

Lastly, you're totally right... he does mention WoW... and you're right, once someone mentions or compares things to WoW... its obvious bias of the worst kind. I mean, first of all, hes probably 14 years old right? (avg. WoW age!) and secondly, hes probably pizza pocket eating basement dweller (loolol professional gamer!).

You know, as if these guys were like athletes or something! I mean, you and I are just as good! We know it!

/brofist!

RobertFisher
01.24.2012 , 05:46 AM | #1048
its not the "ability" queue in preferences, thats QUEUE. not DELAY

there is a definatle prob

Wikar
01.24.2012 , 06:12 AM | #1049
Xcore stop bashing noobs with over 9k sarcasm posts, especially this ones who suggest to put ability queue to 0.0 to fix ability delay (he proud of yourself like he just discovered america continent), they will probaly commit a suicide when the harsh reality about current ability delay crush them

diantoscr
01.24.2012 , 06:16 AM | #1050
people who dont have this issue need to just ignore this thread completely. if you dont suffer from ability delay or character responsiveness issues...then great. go play the game and enjoy yourself. dont come to this thread and claim there isnt a problem or that the game is fine the way it is. there is plenty of evidence to be seen that clearly shows that the problem is rampant.

those of you who dont have any issues should still want it fixed and heres why...

even if only %5 of the players suffer from this...

to make the math simple i will make unwarranted extrapolations about population.

lets say there are 3 million players. at a rate of %5 "infection" thats 150,000 players who suffer from this. now lets assume all those players quit. thats $2.25 million less dollars a month at a minimum...not to mention the likelihood that some of their friends who may not have had the issue might also quit because their friend/s no longer play/s. and their other friends who didn't play at all and now wont ever for obvious reasons.

$2.25 million a month...$27 million a year is huge...

now before you go all "how do you know what the population is", and "how do you know how many people suffer from the issue"... i will explain what an unwarranted extrapolation is... its an uneducated guess. i made all the numbers up... but thats besides the point. the point is...the issue affects everyone...yes EVERYONE directly or indirectly

you may not notice the ability delays...but you'll definitely notice the dwindling subscriber base...

see the state that WAR is in right now to get some insight on how EA treats games with bleeding subs.