Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

[Cybertech] Cybertech Crew Skill Guide

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
[Cybertech] Cybertech Crew Skill Guide

mrfoughtforever's Avatar


mrfoughtforever
04.05.2012 , 03:35 PM | #101
Quote: Originally Posted by RikHar View Post
It's a decent write up but it can do without all the bragging of how credits he has or what items he owns or the millions he's spent.
You see bragging, I see a vivid point on how profitable the profession can be.

Squelsch's Avatar


Squelsch
04.06.2012 , 01:05 AM | #102
Just wondering, i am really trying to make some cool **** because cybertech is an awesome skill... but when i went to the trainer i noticed that space and gadgets were not available only grenades earpieces and mods and droid stuff.

Any advice?

Arzoo's Avatar


Arzoo
04.06.2012 , 02:00 AM | #103
Quote: Originally Posted by Squelsch View Post
Just wondering, i am really trying to make some cool **** because cybertech is an awesome skill... but when i went to the trainer i noticed that space and gadgets were not available only grenades earpieces and mods and droid stuff.

Any advice?
Spaceship upgrades are craftable by cybertech's, but most of the endgame recipes require you to find schematics through other methods than the trainer.

There are no "gadgets" to craft other than grenades.

gophur's Avatar


gophur
04.07.2012 , 11:49 AM | #104
Quote: Originally Posted by Xtrema View Post
'Redoubt' prefix gives +35 defense, when you successfully reverse engineer that into any Tier 2 Prefix, it's showing as +40 defense, what the 'stacking' means is that it is NOT additive. So it won't be 35+40 = 75 defense total, instead the 35 defense is replaced with 40. Essentially you gain +5 defense overall going from Redoubt to any Tier 2 prefix. Hope that made sense
Yes thank you. I thought it read that if you wanted say "Endowment" it might be best to start with a tier0 that didn;t have critical or surge but instead go for more variety in the final product.
"Uh, we had a slight weapons malfunction, but uh... everything's perfectly all right now. We're fine. We're all fine here now, thank you. How are you?"

Craftamancer's Avatar


Craftamancer
04.11.2012 , 12:58 PM | #105
Quote: Originally Posted by mrfoughtforever View Post
You see bragging, I see a vivid point on how profitable the profession can be.
Thank you for seeing this.

I really tried to word it in a way that wouldn't be misconstrued as a "look at me" section, and have debated taking that section out entirely numerous times. However, I will keep it for the time being as it was intended to show that Cybertech can actually be profitabe.

I know other players with other professions who have been just as or more successful than myself, but the proof remains that Cybertech is a profitable venture. That is the absolute and sole point of that section.

Craftamancer's Avatar


Craftamancer
04.11.2012 , 12:59 PM | #106
Quote: Originally Posted by Arzoo View Post
Spaceship upgrades are craftable by cybertech's, but most of the endgame recipes require you to find schematics through other methods than the trainer.

There are no "gadgets" to craft other than grenades.
I believe vehicles fall under Gadgets, rather than grenades. I'll verify that when I log on tonight.

kuplet's Avatar


kuplet
04.15.2012 , 07:11 AM | #107
Hmm now I am completely confused. I'm stuck at 166 for several days, tried to craft purps, blues, greens, etc and nothing happens. Anyone know what I should do? can this be a bug or something?

As a result, underworld trading and scavenging are way ahead almost 300 already.

Craftamancer's Avatar


Craftamancer
04.17.2012 , 03:17 PM | #108
Quote: Originally Posted by kuplet View Post
Hmm now I am completely confused. I'm stuck at 166 for several days, tried to craft purps, blues, greens, etc and nothing happens. Anyone know what I should do? can this be a bug or something?

As a result, underworld trading and scavenging are way ahead almost 300 already.
The color of the item, green, blue, orange or purple, has nothing to do with whether or not you gain a crafting skill point.

The colour of the number to the left of the item, the number that indicates how many of the item you can make, is what matters. If that color is grey, you cannot earn cybertech crew skill points from crafting that item. If the colour is green, then it has a chance to give you a point. If it is yellow then it will give you one point. If it is orange then it will give you two points.

You may want to check the cybertech trainer to see if it has any new items you can make that will earn you crew skill points. Typically, higher level items are more likely to grant skill points than lower level items.

kuplet's Avatar


kuplet
04.17.2012 , 08:01 PM | #109
Many thanks again for the reply. Now I get it...did go to the trainer again to learn new stuff to craft. Totally forgot about that part. lol

I am able to progress again at a steady pace.

Quote: Originally Posted by Craftamancer View Post
The color of the item, green, blue, orange or purple, has nothing to do with whether or not you gain a crafting skill point.

The colour of the number to the left of the item, the number that indicates how many of the item you can make, is what matters. If that color is grey, you cannot earn cybertech crew skill points from crafting that item. If the colour is green, then it has a chance to give you a point. If it is yellow then it will give you one point. If it is orange then it will give you two points.

You may want to check the cybertech trainer to see if it has any new items you can make that will earn you crew skill points. Typically, higher level items are more likely to grant skill points than lower level items.

Craftamancer's Avatar


Craftamancer
04.19.2012 , 05:39 PM | #110
Quote: Originally Posted by kuplet View Post
Many thanks again for the reply. Now I get it...did go to the trainer again to learn new stuff to craft. Totally forgot about that part. lol

I am able to progress again at a steady pace.
Great to hear