Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

[Cybertech] Cybertech Crew Skill Guide

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
[Cybertech] Cybertech Crew Skill Guide

Craftamancer
03.22.2012 , 03:09 PM | #91
Quote: Originally Posted by Bawheidbob View Post
Excellent write up thanks for sharing it.

Have you came across the Prototype Transport Beacon by any chance, i have not been able to find much information about it at all.
Yes... I'm finally getting back to you on this

I've looked everywhere for this schematic, and right now it appears that it was a BETA only item, that was taken out before release. Whether or not it will be incorportated at some future point in time remains to be seen.

Personally, I would love to see this in 1.2. A cybertech group summon? YES PLEASE!!!

kuplet
03.28.2012 , 11:35 PM | #92
Quote: Originally Posted by Craftamancer View Post
Yes... I'm finally getting back to you on this
Great guide! Been looking for additional information on Cybertech. Anyways, can you give tips on how to get Agrinium? It hardly comes out when I try it in missions.

Thanks in advance!

scootle
03.29.2012 , 03:15 PM | #93
Has anyone come across any info re: the Cybertech speeders in 1.2? e.g. are we still stuck with only the same "three" models? I put that in quotes because rank 1 is the same as the vendor model and ranks 2 and 3 are, well, just a recolor of itself...

Personally, I'd love if they would make moddable speeders that we could slot things like appearance/sound packages and/or performance upgrades into... that would be fun to roll on a riced-out speeder bike... haha! Blue neon anyone?

Also, any word on if mods with TANKING stats will finally be accessible to us?

Quote: Originally Posted by kuplet View Post
Great guide! Been looking for additional information on Cybertech. Anyways, can you give tips on how to get Agrinium? It hardly comes out when I try it in missions.
Purple mats for any given UT tier only come if you "crit" the mission, so it's hit-miss there... send companions with the highest affection for maximum crit rate (or companions with +crit UT bonuses). The only missions that *ensure* purple mat returns are the special one-off "epic" missions you can get via Slicing crits or from the GTN (for a lot of cash).
utinni!!!

kuplet
03.30.2012 , 08:47 PM | #94
Thanks for explaining it to me. I'm quite new to the game. Is there a faster way of raising your affection with your companion aside from the gifts? Its taking forever - im about 3 to 4k of affection on my main which is level 35 at the moment.

Quote: Originally Posted by scootle View Post
Has anyone come across any info re: the Cybertech speeders in 1.2? e.g. are we still stuck with only the same "three" models? I put that in quotes because rank 1 is the same as the vendor model and ranks 2 and 3 are, well, just a recolor of itself...

Personally, I'd love if they would make moddable speeders that we could slot things like appearance/sound packages and/or performance upgrades into... that would be fun to roll on a riced-out speeder bike... haha! Blue neon anyone?

Purple mats for any given UT tier only come if you "crit" the mission, so it's hit-miss there... send companions with the highest affection for maximum crit rate (or companions with +crit UT bonuses). The only missions that *ensure* purple mat returns are the special one-off "epic" missions you can get via Slicing crits or from the GTN (for a lot of cash).

Craftamancer
04.03.2012 , 08:35 AM | #95
Quote: Originally Posted by kuplet View Post
Thanks for explaining it to me. I'm quite new to the game. Is there a faster way of raising your affection with your companion aside from the gifts? Its taking forever - im about 3 to 4k of affection on my main which is level 35 at the moment.
Each new Companion gains affection from quests at a greater rate than the companions before. Earlier companions seem to have more gifts that they love, thus making them easier to level up with gifts, for the most part. The later companions can be leveled up easier using quests.

The fastest way is to hit level 50 and then do daily quests. The daily quests are designed to help you improve your companion affection. Many of them will give you up to 3 affection opportunities, meaning that if your companion has a base 40 affection gain, you can get up to 120 affection for answering the "correct" responses that your companion likes.

When using the last companion, with a base affection gain of 102, that means you can get as much as 306 affection per quest for many of the quests. At that rate, it doesn't take too long to max out their affection.

If you find a companion that is difficult to level because they are bugged and the gifts don't work as well as they should (Ashara for the Inquisitor seems to be bugged for me) then level their affection using quests.

Craftamancer
04.03.2012 , 08:38 AM | #96
Quote: Originally Posted by scootle View Post

No word yet on tanking mods etc. As soon as I have anything concrete regarding that and other cybertech changes in 1.2 I'll update the main post with upcoming changes.

I love the idea of "pimping" out your ride

gophur
04.05.2012 , 09:45 AM | #97
Great read. Thank you.

Could you clarify the "stacking" issue posted here:

Quote:
Yes, the +35 from Redoubt does not stack with the +40 from the Tier 2 prefix. I will change that immediately, and thank you for pointing that out.
"Uh, we had a slight weapons malfunction, but uh... everything's perfectly all right now. We're fine. We're all fine here now, thank you. How are you?"

WildcardHatesYou
04.05.2012 , 11:17 AM | #98
Very useful, thank you.

Xtrema
04.05.2012 , 12:18 PM | #99
Quote: Originally Posted by gophur View Post
Great read. Thank you.

Could you clarify the "stacking" issue posted here:
'Redoubt' prefix gives +35 defense, when you successfully reverse engineer that into any Tier 2 Prefix, it's showing as +40 defense, what the 'stacking' means is that it is NOT additive. So it won't be 35+40 = 75 defense total, instead the 35 defense is replaced with 40. Essentially you gain +5 defense overall going from Redoubt to any Tier 2 prefix. Hope that made sense

RikHar
04.05.2012 , 01:02 PM | #100
It's a decent write up but it can do without all the bragging of how credits he has or what items he owns or the millions he's spent.