Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

** Unofficial 2nd day EGA wave thread **

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
** Unofficial 2nd day EGA wave thread **

Piquapa
12.14.2011 , 01:01 PM | #2501
Quote: Originally Posted by iorlas View Post
and where does it say that? read the first line..........
This is a big day for us; we are launching Star Wars: The Old Republic...blah blah,nothing about pre-launch.
Here for instance:
http://www.swtor.com/news/news-article/20111213

Wynman
12.14.2011 , 01:01 PM | #2502
Is anyone else debating on buying one last month of WoW just to make it through these waves? I could go for some WoW about NoW.

Wickedchick
12.14.2011 , 01:01 PM | #2503
Quote: Originally Posted by Piquapa View Post
Because the pre-launch is launched. This Launch is for the people who pre-orderd the game. The official release will not be activated the 20th of december. I hope this made it clear for you.
I must give it to him, nowhere does it say anything about "pre-launch"
sorry try again

Edit: thought id add this to help http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=273

RogueRifle
12.14.2011 , 01:02 PM | #2504
Hope they reach 30/11 tomorrow.
"Close the blast doors! ... open the blast doors, open the blast doors!!"

Paperface
12.14.2011 , 01:02 PM | #2505
Quote: Originally Posted by Darthpoof View Post
How long we talkin?
like a couple days?
Hours, days, a week should not be a problem. Months or years, would get worse. :P

rodmanOOBB
12.14.2011 , 01:02 PM | #2506
Quote: Originally Posted by -Ruby- View Post
Lol, although I do not agree with the whiners. Ending waves at 9am they're time (west coast) is crazy. I was at work earlier than they are and still got another 4 hours :-/. But then again most people in working America are lazy

Sent from my iPhone
I'm not lazy, I try to boss everyone around equally from my office. It's very hard to do as it forces me to alt-tab from gaming.
She heard what you said ? Why is your computer in the kitchen ?

Carlousk
12.14.2011 , 01:02 PM | #2507
Quote: Originally Posted by Wynman View Post
Is anyone else debating on buying one last month of WoW just to make it through these waves? I could go for some WoW about NoW.
Im playing it and bouncing around SW isnt as fun as it used to be...

dysexlicgamer
12.14.2011 , 01:02 PM | #2508
Before you QQ about this "mess" think of WoW launch... sigh, all you QQ'ers are lying to yourselfs saying your not gonna play, we all know on the 20th you will be crying with joy.

Jrzez
12.14.2011 , 01:02 PM | #2509
Quote: Originally Posted by FishScale View Post
Don't get me wrong I love BW, but EA is still involved.... They have killed many games before, but im hopin they didnt rush BioWare too much like every other company.
Correct. This is the 2nd launch of a MMO from EA that has drama, both actually including the "grace period" issue. I thought for sure we wouldn't have had to deal with this a second time after the last time and how messy it got. Someone from EA needs to look at their past and step up and tell Bioware just to open it up. I'm confident that server farms built in 2011 and infrastructures in place should be able to handle this. Not to mention how BW was bragging their numbers from the Beta stress test. This feels more "market conditioning" rather than "stability concerns".

Leggomy
12.14.2011 , 01:02 PM | #2510
Preordered 8/21 got the email in 2nd wave today.