Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Where are our Chat Bubbles?

12.25.2011 , 09:00 AM | #131
Please Please Bioware chat bubbles

i'm loving the game so far just need chat bubbles

12.25.2011 , 03:56 PM | #133
Quote: Originally Posted by Glzmo View Post
Yes, as posted over on the General forums, we dearly need chat bubbles in order to be able to roleplay. Hopefully they will be added really soon.
Yes, thanks for making that thread as well in the general area. This thread here has been really buried in the forums.
Hire website designers that actually have had real life experience in the job.
Then let me know so I can return to the forum.

12.26.2011 , 06:46 PM | #134
Sooner rather than later please. I'd like to start roleplaying soon... D:

12.26.2011 , 07:00 PM | #135
chat bubbles should be left in cartoons, they would break my immersion of the game if i saw chat bubbles popping up everywhere.

12.26.2011 , 07:07 PM | #136
Desperately want chat bubbles. It's almost impossible to tell who's talking to who, even if you're not RP. SWG was all the more great for it's chat bubble allowance, and I think it's a huge oversight that they haven't landed in SW:TOR yet.

12.26.2011 , 07:20 PM | #137
Quote: Originally Posted by Hajizan View Post
chat bubbles should be left in cartoons, they would break my immersion of the game if i saw chat bubbles popping up everywhere.
More realistic than chat only appearing in small letters in the upper- left hand corner of your vision. Until games convert text to voice, it will be rather immersion-breaking and unrealistic. At least let's make it obvious eh?

Anyways, they had to feed the Body Type 4 characters something to get them to their size.
The Shaffer Legacy: Begeren Colony

Shaffer Lazy-eye Horace Sleth
Journalist, Pirate Bodyguard Sith

12.27.2011 , 07:39 PM | #138
I too was surprised that this game didn't have chat bubbles. I find it very hard to get peoples attention in game, as I assume they aren't looking at the chat window.

+1 for making this feature.

12.28.2011 , 08:22 PM | #139
We need to be able to have chat bubbles, especially for RP, but even without it. I am a Die Heart Roleplayer, I wont lie, but this game feels incomplete without Chat Bubbles. Even it it was for RP, it still feels incomplete. As I quote to my friends:
"The game is great, I would completley reccomend it to anybody, but the game is impossible to rp on."
"What do you mean?"
"There are no chat bubbles."
"Oh, im not gonna get it XD"

Regardless my friend ended up getting it cause I convinced him (lol) but he almost didnt. Please give us our Chat Bubbles!

12.28.2011 , 11:07 PM | #140
Yeah, I'd like chat bubbles too but just because there aren't any doesn't make the game impossible to RP on, yes it makes it more difficult, but doesn't make it impossible.

A few of us are RPing a lot on Shaltin Tunnels [EU - Republic Side] we dont use party chat, we just change our /say color to a more outstanding and non blending color, or we change our chat window to /say, /emote, /whisper and /officer (if we are guildies, we are using officer chat as a... Holocommunications channel of sorts)

I mean yeah, chat bubbles would be an amazing addition but I am patient, and will wait, this game has way too much in it to get bothered about Chat Bubbles, which will come if you are patient and stop QQing about it

Anyway, I do vote for chat bubbles but to be honest, if it comes next patch, bonus, if it comes in a month, then so be it, and anyone who is willing to not buy this game or come play it just because it doesn't have chat bubbles... Well their loss at the end of the day.
Torkyn Deli'tar
The Kavar Academy Website
- History is important. Without history there would be no future.