Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Where are our Chat Bubbles?

Draconus-Spawn
12.14.2011 , 07:12 AM | #1
I was in Beta and I knew then that there were no Chat Bubbles in the game, I however advocated for them thoroughly. Eventually we were told that Chat Bubbles were indeed going to be implemented for launch. Well, the time is here......I log in, No Chat Bubbles.

No Chat Bubbles, means that RP will have to be done in group chat where you are looking at your stupid chat box and trying to figure who said what instead of just looking at your screen.

I understand Bioware that you don't want your game to look like a cartoon, and I understand, but then again you guys are the ones that marketed this as an MMO. If you want to lie to us to get us to buy the damn thing, and then not implement something as common in MMO's as Chat Bubbles, then don't try to peddle this as a MMO.

It would be a Single Player RPG (With Multiplayer group Component).

Fashbinder
12.14.2011 , 07:13 AM | #2
Lol, it wasnt in beta so its not in at launch.
The only ones sticking to the "It's not launch yet!" spiel are the same fanbois who said "It's only beta!!" and will soon be saying "It's only 1-2-6 months since launch!!"

Orotho
12.14.2011 , 07:43 AM | #3
I am missing this very much aswell... with a game heavily based on community I find it disturbing that the chat box is the only way of "talking"...

I am on a RP server, and on these atleast it is a must!

kerish
12.14.2011 , 07:47 AM | #4
+1 for floating character chat text of some sort. I like to look at people when I talk to them, not stare listlessly over their right shoulder.
I roll 20's

devtoolbox
12.14.2011 , 08:25 AM | #5
i vote for this too

chat bubbles are needed, but for those who do not want them, allow it to be turned off...
Proud member of Section Umbra

Kellindell
12.14.2011 , 08:53 AM | #6
I had a 20 page thread with like 1300+ views going, I didnt realize they were going to wipe the forums or I would have saved it.

It was about all the things RPers would like to see in the game, chat bubbles was one of them.

Darkmiss
12.14.2011 , 08:57 AM | #7
i would like to be able to sit in or on all chairs too please
Especially in a cantina.

Luca
12.14.2011 , 01:45 PM | #8
Ohlen said they're planning several enhancements to the current UI, and I'm sure bubbles are among them. At least among the recent MMOGs, it would be the only one without them, so I don't think we need to be worried. Just a matter of time
Server: The Progenitor (EU RP-PvE)

Sotof
12.14.2011 , 01:46 PM | #9
I ate them.

Fion
12.14.2011 , 01:54 PM | #10
MMOGs aren't complete without chat bubbles. It's so hard to chat in /say without them, as 90% of the time the person you are trying to talk to doesn't even realize it. :/

Petition for Chat Bubbles!